• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dear ENTJs,

T

ThatGirl

It is about time. He was due for his nap like months ago.

T

ThatGirl

macro-movement is achieved partly through steps on a smaller scale (and vice versa). if there is a goal and one wishes to accomplish while situated within a group of apathetic or incompetent individuals - one is required to change the situation through inspiration, control, vigilance, etc. the entj annoyance was mostly directed toward the assumption that this is some innate need that is applied throughout all contexts but discerning individuals, regardless of type, understand that we live in a society and as imperfect individuals, pushes are needed. certain individuals may have a natural inclination to distrust the competence or follow-through of others and engage in all sorts of pre-emptive strikes or watchful behaviors which in itself, may prompt the other parties to rebel, submit, secede, etc. i think several people were trying to illuminate this consequence and express their own irritation in personal experience of being unwilling directed. entj's are people, people are not entj's; organizational skills are a generalized talent of the "entj" archetype but the stereotype of micro-management was taken to extremes, as if entj's do this without any sense of discernment.

thatgirl, you've made a great and cogent post, once again, describing how these behaviors are necessary and sometimes less pleasant for the one effecting them than for recipients.

Well said. I would only add that with the ENTJ tendency to be dominant, when they do fall into micro management positions it is probably more extreme than you would see from other types. The consolation is that it only takes the ENTJ one experience with this to gain the knowledge that comes with it. Essentially they would be a lot less likely to repeat the situation and would avoid relationships that displayed the same characteristics.

So, if you do the math (percentage of ENTJs, one relationship per, and overall amount of relationships) it is highly unlikely that the main population would experience this trend. Though it is possible.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only read the op and the said thread. I don't know what everyone was so pissed about. I micromanaged the shit out of my ex husband. I had a vision, he was part of it. What he did affected me and I was subject to his consequences. Ultimately I watched him desolve as a man in front of me though he complied to my will. I lost respect for him. We had very different goals (I wanted to do shit he was content just being). Eventually I realized it was my pride and not wanting to fail that kept the relationship together and cut him lose in an act of mercy.

The guy I met after him turned the tables and the same thing happened to me. I didn't care for it much.

Inevitably I learned that finding people with similar goals and motivation, equal competency levels (even if they are in different areas) would be key. As I wrote before, I now look for people I can work together with. Like my half of the Curies.

Bottom line, if I am paired with someone less capable, and it somehow affects me, I micro manage like a mother fucker.

I guess I was wrong about the ESTP thing! :peepwall:

A lot of people seem to use forums to vent their tertiary functions, apparently.

Well said. I would only add that with the ENTJ tendency to be dominant, when they do fall into micro management positions it is probably more extreme than you would see from other types.

This would explain why it's so obnoxious on the occasions that they do it.

Jaguar

I'm ESFP, remember? Nah, I'll be INFP this weekend.
Oh wait, no-- ENTP. Yeah, I'll try on ENTP this weekend and see if I like it.
What the hell else is there to do?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My thought exactly :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm ESFP, remember? Nah, I'll be INFP this weekend.
Oh wait, no-- ENTP. Yeah, I'll try on ENTP this weekend and see if I like it.
What the hell else is there to do?

I dunno, deliver Chinese food?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow ENTJs can have fun??

Who knew? ;)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Now Simulated World knows 2 facts about Typology, effectively doubling his knowledge on the subject matter.

Excellent work.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
omg they can joke too

that makes 3 facts

and here I thought they were robots programmed to take over society in preparation for the alien invasion

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
the_more_you_know2.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
ENTJs also have the most patents on torture devices than any other type. Their next highest patent representation consists of new Pokemon names. I saw this on Jeopardy.