User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Dear ENTJs,

ThatGirl

It is about time. He was due for his nap like months ago.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    macro-movement is achieved partly through steps on a smaller scale (and vice versa). if there is a goal and one wishes to accomplish while situated within a group of apathetic or incompetent individuals - one is required to change the situation through inspiration, control, vigilance, etc. the entj annoyance was mostly directed toward the assumption that this is some innate need that is applied throughout all contexts but discerning individuals, regardless of type, understand that we live in a society and as imperfect individuals, pushes are needed. certain individuals may have a natural inclination to distrust the competence or follow-through of others and engage in all sorts of pre-emptive strikes or watchful behaviors which in itself, may prompt the other parties to rebel, submit, secede, etc. i think several people were trying to illuminate this consequence and express their own irritation in personal experience of being unwilling directed. entj's are people, people are not entj's; organizational skills are a generalized talent of the "entj" archetype but the stereotype of micro-management was taken to extremes, as if entj's do this without any sense of discernment.

thatgirl, you've made a great and cogent post, once again, describing how these behaviors are necessary and sometimes less pleasant for the one effecting them than for recipients.
    Well said. I would only add that with the ENTJ tendency to be dominant, when they do fall into micro management positions it is probably more extreme than you would see from other types. The consolation is that it only takes the ENTJ one experience with this to gain the knowledge that comes with it. Essentially they would be a lot less likely to repeat the situation and would avoid relationships that displayed the same characteristics.

So, if you do the math (percentage of ENTJs, one relationship per, and overall amount of relationships) it is highly unlikely that the main population would experience this trend. Though it is possible.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    x a quardrillion!!!!

:rolli:

ThatGirl

Like OMG!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Only read the op and the said thread. I don't know what everyone was so pissed about. I micromanaged the shit out of my ex husband. I had a vision, he was part of it. What he did affected me and I was subject to his consequences. Ultimately I watched him desolve as a man in front of me though he complied to my will. I lost respect for him. We had very different goals (I wanted to do shit he was content just being). Eventually I realized it was my pride and not wanting to fail that kept the relationship together and cut him lose in an act of mercy.

The guy I met after him turned the tables and the same thing happened to me. I didn't care for it much.

Inevitably I learned that finding people with similar goals and motivation, equal competency levels (even if they are in different areas) would be key. As I wrote before, I now look for people I can work together with. Like my half of the Curies.

Bottom line, if I am paired with someone less capable, and it somehow affects me, I micro manage like a mother fucker.
    I guess I was wrong about the ESTP thing!

A lot of people seem to use forums to vent their tertiary functions, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Well said. I would only add that with the ENTJ tendency to be dominant, when they do fall into micro management positions it is probably more extreme than you would see from other types.
    This would explain why it's so obnoxious on the occasions that they do it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    A lot of people seem to use forums to vent their tertiary functions, apparently.

That's how it works for me anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

I'm ESFP, remember? Nah, I'll be INFP this weekend.
    Oh wait, no-- ENTP. Yeah, I'll try on ENTP this weekend and see if I like it.
    What the hell else is there to do?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

My thought exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'm ESFP, remember? Nah, I'll be INFP this weekend.
    Oh wait, no-- ENTP. Yeah, I'll try on ENTP this weekend and see if I like it.
    What the hell else is there to do?
    I dunno, deliver Chinese food?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?