User Tag List

First 12

Thread: X?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Technically the answer is no. The chances of somebody being exactly 50/50 on some function is infinitely close to zero. A lot of people, including myself, hover closely between two though. However upon closer inspection, you're likely more of one than the other.

It's just a matter of identifying your inane preference in the usage of the 8 cognitive functions. To use myself as an example, some people (mostly Ne dominants) see me as an INFP because I'm always eager to jump into something new and they identify with portions of my thinking style as Ne. Yet I'm INFJ in that Ni for me is stronger than any other function. Which makes me INFj. Lower on the judging preference but still a J.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Technically the answer is no. The chances of somebody being exactly 50/50 on some function is infinitely close to zero. A lot of people, including myself, hover closely between two though. However upon closer inspection, you're likely more of one than the other.

It's just a matter of identifying your inane preference in the usage of the 8 cognitive functions. To use myself as an example, some people (mostly Ne dominants) see me as an INFP because I'm always eager to jump into something new and they identify with portions of my thinking style as Ne. Yet I'm INFJ in that Ni for me is stronger than any other function. Which makes me INFj. Lower on the judging preference but still a J.
    Was inane an intentional slip?

And, INFJs are dominant Perceiving types, Ne, showing judgment to outside world but having a rich inner life of pursuing information.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Was inane an intentional slip?

And, INFJs are dominant Perceiving types, Ne, showing judgment to outside world but having a rich inner life of pursuing information.
    Inane was not a slip. I meant inane preference as something that you're born with because that's how I feel the dominant function is like from personal experience. To some degree you can vary the use of your secondary, tertiary blah blah (however they're ordered) with practice but under stress or when doing things unconsciously, I find that I always revert back to Ni Fe... when normally I use Ni Ti deliberately for most of my work and play down on Fe.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Inane was not a slip. I meant inane preference as something that you're born with because that's how I feel the dominant function is like from personal experience. To some degree you can vary the use of your secondary, tertiary blah blah (however they're ordered) with practice but under stress or when doing things unconsciously, I find that I always revert back to Ni Fe... when normally I use Ni Ti deliberately for most of my work and play down on Fe.
    Do you mean * innate?* Or that you think it's irrelevant? Do you find using Ti to be draining when you use it all the time?

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    Do you mean * innate?* Or that you think it's irrelevant? Do you find using Ti to be draining when you use it all the time?
    *smacks head* innate not inane. Thanks BlueFlame. Gah. Maybe I'm dyslexic after all.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I doubt that someone would be exactly even on any of the four, but maybe it is a useful shorthand for "I'm torn enough between the two that it should be clear that my preference is very weak here."