First 12

Thread: ExxJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Well the opening post was deliberately left short so that I wouldn't be hung with the rope I laid out (as is so often the case when you attempt to attribute anything but "hey these guys are awesome" to a type).

What get's me is people's resistance to having anything negative being linked to their type. Personally I'm a firm believer in the old theory that you like people for their good features but you love them for their flaws.

Oh and considering I'm saying that this "criticism" applies to my father and sister should tell you something.

Of course there's the old sited problem that some people will take things like this and use it as a stereotype to victimise people with but as is common with ym type, I don't give a stuff. Personally I try to give as little thought as possible on these places to repercussions of fools, I just hope they give up trying to press buttons in order and go away. Besides anything involving typing can be used as such.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Is it fair to attribute the attitude and quote of "Do as I say, not as I do" to the ExxJ personalities?
    My ESTP father used to say that.
    I would think that ESPs have the least amount of "control" over themselves.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Yes, I believe that Extroverted Judgers of any type may be more inclined to hand down Sinai tablets of "DO IT NOW". Any hard J might. Boundary establishment is imperative. All violators will be shot/prosecuted/smeared with peanut butter and left for the chickadees. My ENFP sister regulates this guillotine urge in me to drop the blade. My very introverted INTJ best friend is a blade dropper too, through similar and unrelated means -- we both hate redundancy and inefficiency, but he has a particular anti-social loathing for both that far exceeds mine.

Granted, INTJMom has a point. Bossiness, which I don't consider a trait so much as a flaw, is matter of control that seems to be wielded by various and sundry types.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    My ESTP father used to say that.
    I would think that ESPs have the least amount of "control" over themselves.
    Odd. Both the ESxPs I know show very little control over anything. It's almost as if control is a foreign concept. Of course put them behind a wheel and they soon change but with drivers it seems everyone is a critic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Granted, INTJMom has a point. Bossiness, which I don't consider a trait so much as a flaw, is matter of control that seems to be wielded by various and sundry types.
    Oh it wasn't so much what they were intending by the statement, more the duality that they see something as the best way to do a thing and yet they themselves do not do it. It's almost as if their focus is entirely external at points so they don't see their own actions in reference to this ideal which they have set down for others.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oh it wasn't so much what they were intending by the statement, more the duality that they see something as the best way to do a thing and yet they themselves do not do it. It's almost as if their focus is entirely external at points so they don't see their own actions in reference to this ideal which they have set down for others.
    I can get behind this description entirely. You're very astute. I can admit to doing that from time to time.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I can get behind this description entirely. You're very astute. I can admit to doing that from time to time.
    Oh the ENFJ one I've seen tends to be more
    ENFJ "do this"
    Misc "Why? You don't"
    ENFJ "I'm telling you to do it because it would be good for you. I don't do it because I'm not in that position"

Sometimes my astute ENFJ mate Mike will admit that he's much better at giving advice than following it but he can also be tempted and caught evading having to take his own advice just because he doesn't want to. My sister, conversely, appears to just not think about her own problems and surrounds herself with others problems. It's almost like myself as I tend to avoid dwelling on my own larger external problems as it stresses me quickly but she does it more with internal problems. An I/E thing I'm sure.

I have to say the funniest thing is watching my sister get so frustrated with her sons disobedience whilst knowing that she would be as evasive and more stubborn were it her being the child!