• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Venture To Type the Writing of a Self-Proclaimed IXFX?

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
Aww...the only reason I understood you is because I'm in a similar position myself. INXX here :hi::

Well, I appreciate it.

I think it's isolating to not have access to the same community of people of similar type or temperament just because there isn't a forum (used figuratively here) for that.

And that capacity requires designation on a larger scale.

heart

heart on fire
There are some who think that she's just an indecisive INFP who wants to be special and doesn't want to fit into a box.

I think what the OP is trying to do is show that there is shortcoming in the theory (as everyone already knows).

However, according to those with a strict interpretation of MBTI, the theory is inflexible, and people who label themselves "X", are somehow just unhealthy, indecisive, or don't know what they're talking about.

I disagree with that strict, overly prescriptive view of MBTI because I myself can identify with being unclear/ambiguous about my type. It's certainly not due to simply ignorance, or misunderstanding.

It's less about wanting external validation, and more about wanting to show that, while she knows herself, the theory doesn't allow for enough possibilities to fix neatly unto her.

The strength of the message is lost in the massive wall of solid text in the OP that strains the eyes and the objectiveness is lost in the personal focus. it comes accross as a plea for public focus on her inner self rather than her trying to teach anything to anyone. The presentation is too egocentric to be useful as a teaching aid to anyone else but the OP.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
The strength of the message is lost in the massive wall of solid text in the OP that strains the eyes and the objectiveness is lost in the personal focus. it comes accross as a plea for public focus on her inner self rather than her trying to teach anything to anyone.

Every time I've tried to explain my understanding of the theory I'm accused of being too vague or not having a real-world understanding of the Myers-Brigg, so I figured putting myself up for demonstration would be more conducive for getting my point across.

I've used a personal approach before, but not this much, and specifically because people don't seem to want to engage with the concept unless I have a body of knowledge to back it up. I agree that it wasn't the smartest approach but it was just me trying another tactic when nothing else has worked so far.

Yeah, the solid wall of text was me demonstrating a lack of common sense. I should edit that out.

heart

heart on fire
Every time I've tried to explain my understanding of the theory I'm accused of being too vague or not having a real-world understanding of the Myers-Brigg, so I figured putting myself up for demonstration would be more conducive for getting my point across.

I've used a personal approach before, but not this much, and specifically because people don't seem to want to engage with the concept unless I have a body of knowledge to back it up. I agree that it wasn't the smartest approach but it was just me trying another tactic when nothing else has worked so far.

Yeah, the solid wall of text was me demonstrating a lack of common sense. I should edit that out.

The text is fine, it just requires breaks between the paragraphs because many people can't read that long without a break and if one takes a break, it can be hard to find the spot again. You irritate your readers when you do this and show a certain careless disregard for other people's experiences.

If you want to use yourself as example, that's fine but it has to have a strong structure, you have to guide the reader through a series of thesis statements and then use examples of yourself as "proof" just like with an essay paper. Otherwise it looks like you are just putting a blurting of raw material up for public analysis.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
The text is fine, it just requires breaks between the paragraphs because many people can't read that long without a break and if one takes a break, it can be hard to find the spot again. You irritate your readers when you do this and show a certain careless disregard for other people's experiences.

If you want to use yourself as example, that's fine but it has to have a strong structure, you have to guide the reader through a series of thesis statements and then use examples of yourself as "proof" just like with an essay paper. Otherwise it looks like you are just putting a blurting of raw material up for public analysis.

I think I might hold off on that for now. I'm currently trying to generate a body of examples of subtypes of public figures, and that might be easier for me to construct an argument from, including links to interviews. The only issue with that is that I'm not all that savvy with regard to public figures, so I don't know that many; but I think I'll probably be able to find enough people via Netflix, Youtube, and existing pages of type designations which I can evaluate for myself.

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
Important Addition: The fact that the OP has two X's instead of one is actually very telling.

Based on the way functions work, it makes more sense to be ambiguous about two traits as opposed to just one.

For example, if someone had only one X and called herself an INFX, there is a bigger chance that that person is just indecisive, or has misunderstood something, compared to someone with two X's such as IXFX.

If you are unsure of whether your dominant function is a perceiving function or a judging function , then it makes sense that there is no way to tell if your auxilliary function is a judging or a perceiving one. In introverts, the auxilliary function determines whether your trait is a P or a J.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
Important Addition: The fact that the OP has two X's instead of one is actually very telling.

Based on the way functions work, it makes more sense to be ambiguous about two traits as opposed to just one.

For example, if some had only one X and called herself an INTX, there is a bigger chance that that person is just indecisive, or has misunderstood something, compared to someone with two X's such as IXTX.

If you are unsure of whether your dominant function is a perceiving function or a judging function , then it makes sense that there is no way to tell if your auxilliary is a judging or a perceiving one. In introverts, the auxilliary determines whether your trait is a P or a J.

I'm sorry. I don't understand your line of reasoning. Wouldn't an INTX also have both P and J leading and auxilary functions?

Do you not believe people can be on the border of only one trait, or that it's less likely for them to be? [I wasn't setting the two parts of the question up as alternatives to one another]

Can you explain further?

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
I'm sorry. I don't understand your line of reasoning. Wouldn't an INTX also have both P and J leading and auxilary functions?

There's only two things that an INTX should be worrying about: whether they lead with Ti or Ni.

An IXTX, on the other hand has many other functions to worry about, so to me, it makes sense why such a person would be unclear about where they stand.

Do you not believe people can be on the border of only one trait, or that it's less likely for them to be? [I wasn't setting the two parts of the question up as alternatives to one another]

I did not say that being on the border of only one trait is impossible.

I was just saying that being ambiguous about two traits makes a heck of a lot of sense, perhaps even more sense, because there are more potential variables involved and consequently more to be ambiguous about.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
There's only two things that an INTX should be worrying about: whether they lead with Ti or Ni.

An IXTX, on the other hand has many other functions to worry about, so to me, it makes sense why such a person would be unclear about where they stand.

I did not say that being on the border of only one trait is impossible.

I was just saying that being ambiguous about two traits makes a heck of a lot of sense, perhaps even more sense, because there are more potential variables involved and consequently more to be ambiguous about.

I didn't really think you did, I just didn't understand your rationale, so I was looking for you to clarify. Thanks.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not a more general approach when you look at the functions as being in multiple places at once because you're using multiple patterns simultaneously.

this basically translates to: "I can do everything at once!...Im super woman!... Im totally logical, but I'm also a sensitive feeler...Im intuitively theoretical, yet also practical and aesthetic." :rolleyes:

Basically, you want to have your cake and eat it too. People on this board basically are admitting to the fact that they are different and have different preferences and strengths. By not listing myself as INTJ, I admit that I dont do things/think some things as they do. You though, appear incapable of admitting your strengths and weaknesses.

And the Ennegram is just a bunch of basic descriptions. That stuff I consider to have no validity, as I'm sure I could find at least five Enneagram subtypes that describe me. I think I actually did at some point. The only reason I place any weight on the Myers-Brigg at all is because it has a structural pattern with elements that interact in a way that I can understand.

Its all making sense to me now. You actually refuse to understand the theories. Just because sometimes I appreciate how something looks aesthetically doesnt mean I prefer or excel at Sensing. Just because I got an A in math doesnt mean im a Ti user. Basically you are saying that because you dont want to take the time to use distinctions and analysis, that you throw up your arms and say,

"you know what, I use them all exactly equally"
--are you sure that they are EXACTLY equal??? you dont see that one is even .0001 preferred over another?
"nope, they are all EQUAL".

Your main complaint is that these categories are arbitrary, "why should I arbitrarily pick one over another, when I can do them all at once?". No one is denying that these categories are arbitrary. However, you're being just as arbitrary to claim that you use all of the functions exactly equally all the time.

My new guess is ISFP. ISFPs are Fi doms (who tend to think of themselves as uncategorizable and accuse everything of being "cold, arbitrary and unauthentic"). In my experience of discussing MBTI with Fi doms, they tend to conflate their Fi with N'ness. They are so "pro" authentic, that they think "Oh Im so reflective and deeeeep". They get really upset when I point out that they are S's. Being authentic and "deep" doesnt make you N.

If you arent into theories, you might not be an N. It seems to me that you have a priori problems with any theory because it doesnt match "exactly" with your face value perceptions (Se).

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
Basically you are saying that because you dont want to take the time to use distinctions and analysis, that you throw up your arms and say,

"you know what, I use them all exactly equally"
--are you sure that they are EXACTLY equal??? you dont see that one is even .0001 preferred over another?
"nope, they are all EQUAL".

Your main complaint is that these categories are arbitrary, "why should I arbitrarily pick one over another, when I can do them all at once?". No one is denying that these categories are arbitrary. However, you're being just as arbitrary to claim that you use all of the functions exactly equally all the time.

I don't think I used the word "exactly," although I am not able to view my post while I'm typing this. I definitely did not intend to; nor did I intend to suggest that I use all my functions "exactly equally all the time". I am saying that I do not value N nor S, nor J nor P, enough over the other that I could fairly designate myself with one of them.
I would hope your definition of inequality isn't .0001 percent; however I'm going to assume that that was a semantic tactic instead of making a ridiculous attack on your sense based on it.

]My new guess is ISFP.[/U][/B] ISFPs are Fi doms (who tend to think of themselves as uncategorizable and accuse everything of being "cold, arbitrary and unauthentic"). In my experience of discussing MBTI with Fi doms, they tend to conflate their Fi with N'ness. They are so "pro" authentic, that they think "Oh Im so reflective and deeeeep". They get really upset when I point out that they are S's. Being authentic and "deep" doesnt make you N.

First of all, I never claimed that I was an N. I claimed that I was an X on that score.
I don't feel the need to debate your perception of my intuitive abilities. From my linked blog with my Facebook posts, another user said that I radiated Ne, and a few other people have typed me as INFP. Constructing some elaborate argument beyond that as a demonstration that I value N seems, ironically, counter-intuitive.

]
If you arent into theories, you might not be an N.
:yim_rolling_on_the_

Since when have I said that I'm not into theories?
And again, I'm not an N. I'm also not an S. I'm an X.

]
It seems to me that you have a priori problems with any theory because it doesnt match "exactly" with your face value perceptions (Se).

No. I have trouble with theories when they're too generalized (without clearly defined boundaries or structure), as when there aren't clearly defined boundaries I don't know how far they're supposed to be taken. The enneagram is too generalized for me to be able to engage with, and regardless of whether other individuals find it to be an adequate qualification of a basic personality type as far as characterizing them, I don't. It also is another system that, while it may be used with the Myers-Brigg, doesn't lend a greater specificity to that particular one. X designations do.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, where should I be with this then?
If there was actually an audience that agreed with what I'm writing, I might not feel the need to write it. I don't have another viable platform.

I don't think you're being abrasive ('course, what would I know about that anyway?) And I don't think anyone necessarily wants you to leave...there are a number of people who hang around the forum complaining about how much MBTI and various personality theories suck. I'm not entirely sure why they're here either, but I wouldn't say they're "not welcome here."

I just think you're kind of missing the point--the theory is designed such that no one can be an X type. That's in the definition. If you don't think the theory is an adequate description of reality, then fine, but if that's the case then I don't understand why you're posting on a forum about it. What do you hope to gain here? You don't seem like the trolling type, really.

Sometimes it takes a while to really figure out your type correctly. Many people go through believing they're several different different types until they learn enough to genuinely know which one fits best. The probability that you are motivated by N/S and P/J in precisely the same proportions is pretty low. (In functional terms, this would imply that you're equally influenced by Fi, Si and Ni in precisely equal proportions, among other structural issues.)

So yeah, it seems likely that you aren't really too familiar with functions, because IxFx doesn't really make sense from that perspective. It's theoretically possible (though extremely unlikely, since you'd have to place precisely the same emphasis on N/S and P/J) from a functionless four-dichotomies-only standpoint, so in that way there's an outside chance you're just a really rare and special hybrid type.

But I think it seems more likely you just haven't learned enough about this to determine your type accurately yet--especially given your insistence that several of your friends are also X types. If pure, exactly 50/50 Xs exist in four-dichotomy MBTI theory, they'd have to be incredibly rare--which makes your case for being an X type even weaker.

You can continue citing outlandish functional preferences, but you've already made enough missteps to show that you can't discern functions accurately anyway, so your functional self-analysis doesn't mean much.

But trust me, Victor has already taken care of the lion's share of the anti-typology preaching around here for quite some time. Everyone's already heard the news.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fear this is going to turn into a LOGIC lesson being given by an ENFJ. This will ironically show you how someone can 'identify with Ti' and still not be ENXX, "running simultaneous function models"...

I don't think I used the word "exactly," although I am not able to view my post while I'm typing this. I definitely did not intend to; nor did I intend to suggest that I use all my functions "exactly equally all the time".

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT WORD YOU USED. Your ideas IMPLY with absolute necessity, that you use the functions exactly equally.

1. MBTI is a self reporting inventory. Type is not a "real thing". It is by definition, an arbitrary label that exists only as an operational definition of something people inventory on a 16 type test.

2. The MBTI, by definition, is about labeling preferences. Its "arbitrary", but thats the point. ANY typological system is going to be "arbitrary" because they make use of "labels" that are only true by definition.

3. If you claim to have no preference, then by definition, you are rejecting the MBTI null hypothesis of preferring some things over others. It doesnt matter what nut job theory you come up with about simultaneous function use. The "null" is that people are able to 'rank' and 'inventory' their preferences. If you cant do that, then by definition:
--you are confused about your own preferences
--or you use the functions in exactly equal proportions (if this wasnt true: you would in fact have preferences, be able to rank them and have an MBTI type)

1 + 1 = 2, with absolute necessity. All bachelors are unmarried, because its true by definition. You literally are not grasping that MBTI has defined processes and purposes. By rejecting the MBTI null, you are by definition, claiming that you use each function exactly equally.

First of all, I never claimed that I was an N. I claimed that I was an X on that score.
I don't feel the need to debate your perception of my intuitive abilities. From my linked blog with my Facebook posts, another user said that I radiated Ne, and a few other people have typed me as INFP. Constructing some elaborate argument beyond that as a demonstration that I value N seems, ironically, counter-intuitive.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Since when have I said that I'm not into theories?
And again, I'm not an N. I'm also not an S. I'm an X.

And now we see it...once pushed, she freely and willingly fights to demonstrate her preferences...

No. I have trouble with theories when they're too generalized (without clearly defined boundaries or structure), as when there aren't clearly defined boundaries I don't know how far they're supposed to be taken. The enneagram is too generalized for me to be able to engage with, and regardless of whether other individuals find it to be an adequate qualification of a basic personality type as far as characterizing them, I don't. It also is another system that, while it may be used with the Myers-Brigg, doesn't lend a greater specificity to that particular one. X designations do.

I take it then, that in your opinion, a better theory would have 6.5 billion types? Why dont we just use people's full names + birthdate as the label then for each type? They'll will all be so unique and specific! Its almost like the utility of having a typological system of 6.5 billion would be infinitely better than a petty and generalized number like 16, you know, a number of frameworks that humans can actually meaningfully use to group and categorize people... :rolleyes:

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
I don't think you're being abrasive ('course, what would I know about that anyway?) And I don't think anyone necessarily wants you to leave...there are a number of people who hang around the forum complaining about how much MBTI and various personality theories suck. I'm not entirely sure why they're here either, but I wouldn't say they're "not welcome here."

I just think you're kind of missing the point--the theory is designed such that no one can be an X type. That's in the definition. If you don't think the theory is an adequate description of reality, then fine, but if that's the case then I don't understand why you're posting on a forum about it. What do you hope to gain here? You don't seem like the trolling type, really.

Well, I did hope to gain acceptance for the theory, but I can see now that at this point and with the lack of tangible data I have now, this isn't a venue that would be open to it. It did introduce me to a member with similar opinions on the MBTI, so it wasn't exactly a loss, however.

Sometimes it takes a while to really figure out your type correctly. Many people go through believing they're several different different types until they learn enough to genuinely know which one fits best. The probability that you are motivated by N/S and P/J in precisely the same proportions is pretty low. (In functional terms, this would imply that you're equally influenced by Fi, Si and Ni in precisely equal proportions, among other structural issues.)

Actually, I shouldn't have stated that I use Fi, Ni, and Si equally. A member did do a functional analysis on my essay, and did identify strong usage of Ni and Si, but noted that much of my decision-making seems to be based on Fi. I admit that there is a lot of ambiguity when it comes to interpreting what functions in other places actually means, and that I don't know exactly what I'm talking about in regard to it because I don't know how I should evaluate how the structure actually manifests. So I haven't been stating this, but for an IXFX, Fi is in positions 1 and 5 (using the Lenore Thompson model; using the regular model it's 6), and Ni and Si are both in positions 1,3,5, and 7. I had thought that Ni and Si, as first functions, would still be used more than Fe would, but strictly from a function block standpoint the order of emphasis would be Fi>Fe>Si/Ni>Ne/Se>Ti>Te

And if you don't know where I'm getting this from, again, I use all the patterns simultaneously:

Fi Ne Si Te Ni Fe Ti Se
Fi Se Ni Te Si Fe Ti Ne
Ni Fe Ti Se Fi Ne Si Te
Si Fe Ti Ne Fi Se Ni Te
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

What is absolutely clear in this model though is that I value Ni more than Ne, Si more than Se, and Fi more than Fe, and that is something I have been saying.

So yeah, it seems likely that you aren't really too familiar with functions, because IxFx doesn't really make sense from that perspective. It's theoretically possible (though extremely unlikely, since you'd have to place precisely the same emphasis on N/S and P/J) from a functionless four-dichotomies-only standpoint, so in that way there's an outside chance you're just a really rare and special hybrid type.

I never said once that I took a functionless four-dichotomies-only standpoint. I mentioned that the possibility was there from that standpoint, but I have been discussing functions and function patterns the whole time, and I just wrote down my functional model for my type (same type of structure for X types in general) because it seems that you not only have to explain your mode of operation but to show it for people to believe that you have one.

But I think it seems more likely you just haven't learned enough about this to determine your type accurately yet--especially given your insistence that several of your friends are also X types. If pure, exactly 50/50 Xs exist in four-dichotomy MBTI theory, they'd have to be incredibly rare--which makes your case for being an X type even weaker.

Looking from a standpoint of functional patterns rather than dichotomies makes that possibility a whole lot less rare. The dichotomies are only really expressions of the functional patterns, and are in addition subject to a whole lot of bias based on what people like to see themselves as. Because of this, I would go so far as to say that someone who tested between 40-60 percent on a scale is possibly an X type.
But again, I'm relying on the combined functional model, not the four-dichotomy MBTI theory.

You can continue citing outlandish functional preferences, but you've already made enough missteps to show that you can't discern functions accurately anyway, so your functional self-analysis doesn't mean much.
Or maybe that, as purplesunset has stated, my level of confusion regarding my functions makes sense, because, having a combination of four different functional patterns; and, in addition (this part I'm saying), having all of them pertain to introversion and feeling (end my statement) makes there a lot to be confused about. [/QUOTE]

But trust me, Victor has already taken care of the lion's share of the anti-typology preaching around here for quite some time. Everyone's already heard the news.

Was the choice of the word "preaching" intentional? Because honestly, the first effect reading this had was to make me think of how a preacher would frame his response. Which was kind of unpleasant. :sick:
Seriously, if everyone's already heard the news then why don't people seem to be actively working on reforming the system?

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
3. If you claim to have no preference, then by definition, you are rejecting the MBTI null hypothesis of preferring some things over others. It doesnt matter what nut job theory you come up with about simultaneous function use. The "null" is that people are able to 'rank' and 'inventory' their preferences. If you cant do that, then by definition:
--you are confused about your own preferences

I am not claiming to have no preference. I have very strong preferences of I over E and F over T.

I take it then, that in your opinion, a better theory would have 6.5 billion types? Why dont we just use people's full names + birthdate as the label then for each type? They'll will all be so unique and specific! Its almost like the utility of having a typological system of 6.5 billion would be infinitely better than a petty and generalized number like 16, you know, a number of frameworks that humans can actually meaningfully use to group and categorize people... :rolleyes:

I think you know as well as I do that adding another variable into the mix only brings us up to 81. And it's highly unlikely that an XXXX exists, so that brings us down to 80.
I get that the 16 type model allows for expediency, and I'm not saying that you can't still use that in situations where expediency is necessary. I do believe that when it comes to using the model for personal understanding or understanding of others it can lose its meaning, depending on whether there are, in fact, X types involved; and I don't think it allows for those individuals to easily find and interact with others of their type the way forums like this one makes it possible for INFJs or ENFPs, for example.
And even with 80 types, at least a third of those types probably aren't going to be common, meaning that the options people would regularly be dealing with in typing aren't going to suddenly become unmanageably large. It's also a lot easier to observe characteristics of multiple types when you're actually interacting with people as opposed to trying to type them online.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And if you don't know where I'm getting this from, again, I use all the patterns simultaneously:

A. Fi Ne Si Te Ni Fe Ti Se
B. Fi Se Ni Te Si Fe Ti Ne
C. Ni Fe Ti Se Fi Ne Si Te
D. Si Fe Ti Ne Fi Se Ni Te

1. You said yourself that you prefer I over E and F over T. (cross them, and you get introverted Feeling; you yourself said you weren't using a 4 dichotomy model).

2. Of the above 4 functional patterns, the last two (C and D) have a dominant function you identify with, followed by two that you definitely do not identify with (I have not heard any endorsement of Fe or Ti from you).

3. A and B both have a dominant function that you identify with, followed by at least 1 out of 2 that you have stated to identify with.

#1, #2 and #3, at the very least, point to you you being IXFP. This is based on your reported preferences. How does that sound?

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
1. You said yourself that you prefer I over E and F over T. (cross them, and you get introverted Feeling; you yourself said you weren't using a 4 dichotomy model).

2. Of the above 4 functional patterns, the last two (C and D) have a dominant function you identify with, followed by two that you definitely do not identify with (I have not heard any endorsement of Fe or Ti from you).

3. A and B both have a dominant function that you identify with, followed by at least 1 out of 2 that you have stated to identify with.

#1, #2 and #3, at the very least, point to you you being IXFP. This is based on your reported preferences. How does that sound?

The biggest reason I wouldn't agree with the designation of myself as P is that Ps have extroverted judging processes first, meaning that they kind of have an ability to just exist in their surroundings rather than feeling the need to constantly evaluate everything in order to feel engaged. I really like this example of orienting, and think it could be applied to function preferences as well as just in general: Orienting

As far as Fe goes, whether it suppresses or works in conjunction with my Fi determines whether or not it's valued in that instance. I'm careful to distance myself from anything not in line with my personal values or that I can't interact with in a way that doesn't contradict them, because by engaging with it for too long, I'm perpetuating a relationship between myself and that aesthetic, thing, person, vibe, etc. that suggests that that's who I am and fills me with an emotional vibe I'm not attracted to. This lack of openness makes me come off as extremely J and is why my XXXP friend criticized me heavily. And as I tried to open myself up in response to his criticisms and it abnegated me, my selective accessibility isn't unfounded. I am slowly rebuilding my psychological walls.

When I like something, I want to attach myself to it as much as possible, so much that I treat my interactions with people, aesthetic vibes, and ideas I'm compelled by, and even food as kind of divine integration rituals. This also makes me easily influenced by people I'm attached to.

My primary activities involve evaluating and developing emotional contexts; and I enjoy activities only to the level that I can give them an emotional significance.
My biggest goal is to find someone I'm compelled by who I can attach myself to utterly without distorting or suppressing my sense of self, and who I can create rituals/emotional contexts/stories with intensively.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The biggest reason I wouldn't agree with the designation of myself as P is that Ps have extroverted judging processes first,

Im assuming you meant that Ps have an extroverted perceiving function.

meaning that they kind of have an ability to just exist in their surroundings rather than feeling the need to constantly evaluate everything in order to feel engaged.

I think if you took some time to talk to the IXFPs here you would find that that their "Pness" :)rofl1:), doesnt necessarily correlate with just passively existing in their surroundings. In fact, many have commented that the INFJs can appear more "P" because they lead with a perceiving function, and INFPs can appear more "J" because they lead with a judging function. Fi is no less a judging function than Te or Fe. Therefore, I dont think you should toss out IXFP if everything else points to them.

As far as Fe goes, whether it suppresses or works in conjunction with my Fi determines whether or not it's valued in that instance. I'm careful to distance myself from anything not in line with my personal values or that I can't interact with in a way that doesn't contradict them, because by engaging with it for too long, I'm perpetuating a relationship between myself and that aesthetic, thing, person, vibe, etc. that suggests that that's who I am and fills me with an emotional vibe I'm not attracted to. This lack of openness makes me come off as extremely J and is why my XXXP friend criticized me heavily. And as I tried to open myself up in response to his criticisms and it abnegated me, my selective accessibility isn't unfounded. I am slowly rebuilding my psychological walls.

When I like something, I want to attach myself to it as much as possible, so much that I treat my interactions with people, aesthetic vibes, and ideas I'm compelled by, and even food as kind of divine integration rituals. This also makes me easily influenced by people I'm attached to.

My primary activities involve evaluating and developing emotional contexts; and I enjoy activities only to the level that I can give them an emotional significance.
My biggest goal is to find someone I'm compelled by who I can attach myself to utterly without distorting or suppressing my sense of self, and who I can create rituals/emotional contexts/stories with intensively.

Im still hearing little Fe and Ti endorsement.

In light of this and my previous post analyzing your 4 patterns, I still think IXFP is a more accurate answer than IXFX.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
Im assuming you meant that Ps have an extroverted perceiving function.

I think if you took some time to talk to the IXFPs here you would find that that their "Pness" :)rofl1:), doesnt necessarily correlate with just passively existing in their surroundings. In fact, many have commented that the INFJs can appear more "P" because they lead with a perceiving function, and INFPs can appear more "J" because they lead with a judging function. Fi is no less a judging function than Te or Fe. Therefore, I dont think you should toss out IXFP if everything else points to them.

Im still hearing little Fe and Ti endorsement.

In light of this and my previous post analyzing your 4 patterns, I still think IXFP is a more accurate answer than IXFX.

I'm not suggesting that Ps just passively exist in their surroundings. I mean that even introverted Ps are able to at least periodically "be in the moment," to sit back and observe their surroundings (that is, after all, what extroverted perceiving functions do), while I feel the need to immediately evaluate the significance of the moment and to discuss it.

Fi and Fe are conflicting value systems. Do I need to endorse Fe to show that I value it? Doesn't the fact that it selectively threatens my Fi mean that I place enough weight on it for it to be a threat to my higher priority?

Why am I supposed to be endorsing Ti? It's in positions 3 and 7.
How have I ben endorsing Te?

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
Qualification: people with T seem to also have trouble being in the moment, but for different reasons. I say this because my XXXP friend also has trouble stimulating himself.
He doesn't, though, feel the need to fill every second with something.