User Tag List

First 123 Last

In many cases, I see that.. Two couples I know who are great with each other sort of resemble each other too. My parents OTOH, who've been together 40 years, don't. But then, where they aren't compatible, they brush it aside and made it work in other ways. So I see that as valid too. Not sure if I see it as ideal as the first type of relationship though (and that's sad saying that, since it's my parents), since it's a lot of hard work. Every one goes through hard work and all, but some people are much more unconsciously accommodating for each other.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I'm wondering if it's not more Si.

When I stop to actually think about what I find beautiful, it's a judgment that I've made about something in the past; something that I've already discovered that awakens good feelings in me, usually an object, or a person which I might perceive as an object (as in someone I don't know and see a pic of or something like that). I don't think I think of thoughts as beautiful. If I did, I'd say maybe that was Ni. Babies don't think in terms of pretty or ugly, for example; everything is discovered and value placed over time and experience. For whatever reason, over our lifetime, certain things strike us as beautiful, and I think that might get retained in our memories via Si, to be recalled instantaneously in a moment when memory of that object is evoked, either by that object or by something that triggers thought of that object.

Interestingly, I don't find many things beautiful, per se, although I do have a deep love for life and living things. I'm sort of neutral that way. I don't much get into art or artforms like poetry. I like to write poetry, but I don't really identify too much with finding things beautiful or ugly. However, my S friends seem to be more attached to beauty and beautiful things. It's almost a driving force for them. Not necessarily in a materialistic way, but looking good and projecting what they perceive is a lovely image is more important to them.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Personality wins over beauty, from personal experience you can be as good looking as you want and be unnoticed without a personality. It is the personality that actually accentuates beauty. The amount of charisma, spirit, humour, body language, experience you have matters. How the chemistry, the bonding, the easy nature, the ability to be down to earth, secure in themselves, warmth, assertive, healthy, social and confident in their actions and abilities.

Then its more than Fi or Si. Emotional and physical association play a tremendous role certainly, but so does the psychological effect, the carry on of a persons behaviour, integrity, truth, honesty. The perceptual reality based on the subjective truth, ones ability to communicate interpersonally, the body speaks volumes. And while the face is important so too is everything else in contrast to the smells, sounds, tastes, balance of how people are.

Its the reason why some people draw people to them rather than repel them. They are able to generate rhythms through personality that is consistent with the patterns of health. And health is the primary attractor expressed from beauty. Healthy people are seen more beautiful than unhealthy people. Its hygiene, dress sense and yeah appearance of the inner self in the outer self in conjunction with personality.

MBTI
    INFP

Te would be attraction due to symmetry
    Ti would be attraction due to it "making sense" for them to be with that person

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

The outward appearance is the reflection of who you are - on the inside, in which case (given) you're good looking on the outside, you are something of that calibre on the inside.

... Personality is what we invented as a way of following societal code, and fitting in with people. Otherwise, the ideal mind of any person would be to be self-confident on the knowledge that you really are good looking.

Now, the perception of beauty (otherwise) is dependent the different personality types, since beauty (itself) is subjective.

[This post succeeds as my 1000th post.]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

congrats on post # 1,000!

I'd have to say that each function perceives beauty differently... the combination and strengths of each function a person has would end up creating thier unique perspective in a way

I suppose I should be disturbed that I have a similar smile and swagger as my SO's ESFP best friend (one of the best friends...)... who is MALE I don't even want to PONDER the implications of that!

I'll be the one in the art museum enjoying the sounds and staring out the window at the river and forest though... or looking at the colors and play of light as opposed to the content and symbolism of pictures
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^ I'm the same way with art. Not that I don't care for symbolism and content in art, but is that what I first look take interest in it for? No. And in music, I'm attracted specifically to the sounds first. Even in vocals, it's the sound and timbre of the voices. Not the lyrics. Lyrics are more like icing on the cake for me. And hell, sometimes I find beauty in the most insane lyrics, that are dimetrically opposed to my values, just because how "Hack the heads off little girls. Put on my wall!"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I do the same with music- it's the sound first that draws me in... I sometimes don't know the lyrics to songs I really like

Saturday Night, by the misfits, is a pretty marvelously psycho song as well

I guess that Se captivates me first with things and then is followed up by the other functions- image and sound before meanings
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I love Saturday Night. Even though it's not the original singer whom I prefer, it's one that still catches me for all the same reasons. "I'm coming clean for Amy... Julie doesn't scream as well... "

I wonder if there's a downside to all of it.. Some might say we're superficial

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've gotten some funny looks for yowling along with that song in public before... and probably not just because I can't sing

Superficial to some... appreciative of the little things in life to others