• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Do You Unlearn MBTI?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*makes siren sounds*

MBTI Type
INFP
I think everyone on this site should smoke something fierce until they forget about MBTI. :D :smoke: :D

I tried that. But whenever I'm high I get lost in thought trying to type my friends. :nerd:

Honestly, just use MBTI for what it is: an atlas. Remember, it is simply a reference. MBTI will never be 100% perfect in application, but just like an atlas, it can assist us in figuring people out.

There's no reason to "unlearn" it. After all, it can be very helpful in all actuality.

redacted

Over time, your obsession will fade.

It happened to me. And I couldn't imagine it ever happening two years ago.

It's not something I'll ever forget, but it is something I don't much care about these days.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is Typology Central, where MBTI is but one tree in a forest.

Yeah, but it's like this one tree:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, but it's like this one tree:

Big tree fall down.
Go big BOOM.
Critters cry and run in terror.

Everyone sad.
Live on ground.

No one happy.

(So they kill those who kill tree. Now everyone happy! :devil:)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*tribesman*
New legend I just pull out of ass, say, kill treecutters, magic blood flow, tree grow back, everyone happy! :devil:

G

Ginkgo

Victor lol

Mystic Tater is probably his dupe account.

Oh crikey! They're on to me, mate!

That would be pretty cool, talking to myself with two accounts. Somethin's not right with that fellow.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvIFRNbqOs"]MBTI is the Ring[/YOUTUBE]

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
You don't need to unlearn or forget anything... instead you need to learn more.

Be the mystical yoda-like tater and recognize MBTI is just a framework based on theories, nothing more. MBTI describes an averaged individual of a particular type. Nobody is hopeful sitting right on the average mark. It's unrealistic to think people of the same type will be exactly the same. So you step beyond that and try your best to learn about the individual before you start typing. Even then, only try typing for fun and don't expect anything beyond that.