User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    epic

learn the box well enough? then gently step back out of it and use it when desired?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    You see, when you first learn about MBTI, it appears as a basic principle. People are of different personalities. So MBTI is a descriptor for these different people, just like an atlas is a descriptor for different countries. Afterward, you move into the functional theories, which elucidate the reasons why people are different. But even so, they are incomplete because they do not concern "nature vs. nurture", and can be dissected down into meaninglessness; just like all matter (like two seemingly different objects such as a pie and a table) can be dissected from the whole into the smaller bits. Afterwards, you realize that people are composed of the same stuff just as the universe is composed of the same stuff as itself. So why are we differentiating when there is nothing to differ? The only distinctions that need to be made are those that are individual and observable, as the elements are individual and observable. So when my friend says they don't enjoy rap music, I make sure I don't play it when I'm driving them in my car. Get it? But even now, I want to attribute this preference of distinction to my supposed type.

I really wish I could simply "unlearn" it. Unfortunately, I just keep shifting back and forth from one oculus to the other, seeing utility in both viewpoints by reverse mental processing. How do you unlearn it? Damn, I'm over-thinking this.

I think everyone on this site should smoke something fierce until they forget about MBTI.
    The trick to keeping MBTI as a useful navigational tool [and not a rigid means of defining ourselves and others], is, like other abstract concepts, to never view it in terms of concrete, black-&-white-absolutes, I think. Because, truly, we're all the same, interconnected in this multidimensional plane we know as reality. Concepts like MBTI just assist in looking at the various dimesions through different scopes.. but it's all the same thing in the end, no matter how you see it.
    And sheesh, that carries over to so many other aspects of life, as well. Fairly simple, yet so often overlooked.

..and.. Potato.. please never smoke anything. Space-time cannot handle the high Ne of such an extraordinarily peculiar tuber, and the very idea evokes a primal fear for the existence of all things.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    You unlearn it by experiencing something that contradicts it, making you re-examine what you first thought you knew. Easy.
    What he said.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

When you figure out how to unlearn all the other things that differentiate people let me know.

You made a big deal about being male instead of female, why does it even matter?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    When you figure out how to unlearn all the other things that differentiate people let me know.

You made a big deal about being male instead of female, why does it even matter?
    I was merely clarifying. My male-ness matters because it is the truth; and as the truth, it ought to be preserved. Except for when it's a lie - then it's just funny. I can be anything you want me to be for 50 bucks, baby.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Learn socionics!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Learn socionics!
    Yeah, the village medicine man told me to do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    You unlearn it by experiencing something that contradicts it, making you re-examine what you first thought you knew. Easy.
    I think it can be fairly easy to overlook contradiction. Sorta like in this picture:

When you look only at the top or only at the bottom, it looks all right, but if you'd have a look at the image as a whole you'd notice something's wrong. It takes a certain amount of brain power to be able to hold the whole picture in your head at the same time, and I think we should be careful not to overestimate our abilities in that regard. At least I don't feel I have a good enough grasp to be able to say one way or the other, and because of that I remain cautious. Perhaps others are more capable than me and can be more confident.

Who is really controlling your mind?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Are you posting in an MBTI forum asking how to forget MBTI?