• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What other type would you want to be?

If you had to change your type, what other type would you be?

• Total voters

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
ENTJ, as I think it would be easier being more successful than being an INTP.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Yeah, I'm happy being me! I wouldn't change! :D

But since I had to pick one, I picked ESTJ. If I can't be happy and cheery and bubbly and all that, at least I'd like to be able to succeed at, y'know, actually having a career. It'd be nice to know what dedication felt like. ;)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm comfortable with who I am and can "borrow" traits when I need to, so INFJ for me. :smile:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'm comfortable with who I am and can "borrow" traits when I need to, so INFJ for me. :smile:

The question was if you had to change what type would you want to be.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I noticed that ISTJ and ISFP have yet to get any love. I wonder why this is? Doesn't the idea of being a artist/survivalist who lives alone deep in the woods making original artwork not appeal to anyone (ISFP)? And the ISTJ -- no one wants to be a banker?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP, my shadow. Indestructible.

note: I just realized that all who have thus far picked ISTP are ENTJs and an ENFJ. Pattern forming? haha!

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
And the ISTJ -- no one wants to be a banker?

Worse... accountant. Only accountants want to be accountants... (FWIW, my dad is one... and this still holds true.)

As far as ISFPs - just think... what is an ISFP? I don't think anyone has a strong "concept" of what ISFPs are. ISTPs are these cool primal animals (to some), others want the high powered types (ExTJ)... they all have defined stereotypes. ISFPs are just left out!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
The question was if you had to change what type would you want to be.
But I don't have to. :harhar: Alright, sometimes I wish I didn't notice how incompetent people can be. Ignorance is bliss? What type would that be? But I swear whatever type that is, my former self would be screaming to (and eventually) get out! :)

Last edited:

ChazzMichaels

MBTI Type
ISFP
Vote for me!

As far as ISFPs - just think... what is an ISFP? I don't think anyone has a strong "concept" of what ISFPs are. ISTPs are these cool primal animals (to some), others want the high powered types (ExTJ)... they all have defined stereotypes. ISFPs are just left out!

True. Very True.

As an ISFP myself, even I have trouble knowing "what" I am. We are the invisible population, but there are quite a few of us I understand, (10% I believe) so we are around.
Its really not bad being an ISFP, but, yeah, that's about all I can say.:ninja:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I think ISFP, I just think of my former symphony director.

Usehername

On a mission
ISTJ always gets the most terrible descriptions.

But behind ENFJ, I would choose ISTJ. The ISTJ I know was so witty and intelligent and such a hard worker I would choose that and accomplish a lot.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My ideal type is (apparently) ENTJ. I can see why, to an extent...I've always wanted to be more outgoing and extraverted; the problem is, I don't have the means or even the confidence in my own social abilities. My T and F were, like now, pretty close as well. Also, this test seems to think my real type is INFJ, even though the F and T are close together. This URL should be of interest:

Jung Personality Test

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I say ENTj because I will like to be a little more heartless and focus more on ways to make more money.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I say ENTj because I will like to be a little more heartless and focus more on ways to make more money.

I don't think we're heartless in comparison to ENFjs, we're less "social" let's say. Which entails the possibility of dedicating the excess free time that comes from lack of socializing towards making money, among all the available options.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I knew ENTJ would be pwning the poll eventually. It's clear that there is an order of preference on traits.

E over I
N over S
T over F
J over P

Strange that the temperaments are ordered NT, NF, SJ, SP, but I suppose that shows that people in this thread have a general order of preference, First N, then E, then J, and finally T. So T isn't all that important and may actually be on par with F.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's interesting, I would have thought S would 'win' over N.

I haven't voted yet, because I'm torn between two opposing viewpoints.. :) the 'simpler' life where I'm one of the masses and just blend in with everyone else, or a more outgoing ENxx type.

With the first, I think it would be a much 'easier', 'happier' life to be an ESxx. I'm thinking ESFJ would make my life 'easier' as a woman, and ESTP would be pretty cool if I were a guy....

If I want to stay more unique and quirky, where it wouldn't necessarily be easier, just different...I'm thinking ENFP.

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Lol, apparently myself and the majority polled as ENTJ for their choice type.

It was a close tie between ENTJ and INTJ, though.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes I chose ENTJ too. THis may be inspired by my deep feeling that I'm a soft distressed ENTJ atm. I think my optimal self on organisation is little tiny bit on the J side. Just 5-10%.. not all the way. All the way would be too much. And F? I feel so two-sided on that, too. I am not sure if I can choose my words so that I would do justice to the type **** so I could say it out loud. But there's a solid reason why I like that type (and ..)

maybe I better stop now.

Nah, I better not stop. You guessed I love ENFP. But to be honest, that is only secondary choice for me, if I ain't able to pull it off with success- and accomplishement-seeking lifestyle of ENTJ. I'm not saying what other EN** have been. I'm just collecting my own memories of identifying with each type.