• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What other type would you want to be?

If you had to change your type, what other type would you be?

• Total voters

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Look at that CzeCze. now two people have voted ENFP.
Only one voted INTP so far. :(

Well, no one really wants to be an INTP... it's just something that happens to you, like getting into a car accident. :smile:

And... sorry about you being an INTP, Magic. Better luck in your next life. :hug:

So, is anyone really surprised that BlueWing voted INFP?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Are you sure that you're an N?

You might need to start hating ISTJs. . . if you know what I'm saying.

Wait. . . if I'm right, then I guess you wouldn't.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Are you addressing myself or Economica? If the former, what makes you think I'm an ISTJ? :huh:

I didn't mean that there was anything wrong with INTPs, I meant that I tend to pity them because they are constantly critical of themselves, intelligent enough to understand things but not motivated enough to pursue them, become flabbergasted at the slightest hint of compassion, and are often vulnerable to being unconsciously caged in by the demands of others. That just sounds like it would be fairly painful.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I didn't mean that there was anything wrong with INTPs, I meant that I tend to pity them because they are constantly critical of themselves, intelligent enough to understand things but not motivated enough to pursue them, become flabbergasted at the slightest hint of compassion, and are often vulnerable to being unconsciously caged in by the demands of others. That just sounds like it would be fairly painful.

The only thought that crossed my mind when I read this was something I was going to add as a joke to my sig.

"I was an INTP but I'm better now". :D

Hmm, wonder if I can fit that as my user title.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

You are having a bad day, aren't you? :shock:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
This thread just died, didn't it? :dry:
Keekekeee.

You look so unhappy.

Think of it this way, the thread has not died, merely morphed into something else. Soemwhat ironic considering the original question.

And I hope it hasn't really died, this is fun seeing everyone's answers. And I like how everyone says I'm gifted. Thank you for noticing. Hahahaha.

Look at that CzeCze. now two people have voted ENFP. Only one voted INTP so far. :(

Cheer up! You too can vote ENFP! :smile:

Or just throw the whole poll and pick something no one has yet.

Why don't you tell us some reasons why we'd want to switch to INTP?

Remember, who won that 'battle rationale' thread? Right? Right? 'Supreme Objectivity' that's gotta be attractive to some people.

there are days.... um lots and lots of days when i awake and think damn do I have to deal with the crap that comes with being an enfp? *sigh*

You mean like extreme sensitivity and always trying to figure what people 'really' mean? I don't disagree with you..but let's not scare away the kiddies just yet...at least not until we get 2 others to join the dark -- I mean pick ENFP.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
No, I'm having a great day.

I'm a little ticked about the game being on NFLTV. But other than that, I'm good.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
No, I'm having a great day.

I'm a little ticked about the game being on NFLTV. But other than that, I'm good.

Seconded.

Seems like a great game. Too bad so many have to miss it.

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
I really don't know what type I would want to be. I know I like being a J, because I get things done - and that's important to me.

As for everything else, maybe I would like to be a bit more E since I'm so I that I find social interactions extremely draining. I like being a NT but maybe adding S too the mix would be good. I like the T part of me.

It's very important to me to be competent. So I don't know what type that would be other than what I know now about myself. I am liking who I am, as I learn and grow. I guess if I was a different type, I would like me as me too - or at least I hope I would, since I would otherwise suffer from self-esteem issues.

So, sorry Kiddo, I can't pick a particular type. Maybe you can help me pick, just for fun - based on what I said above.

Thanks!

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would love to be an ENFP. I could be myself all the time fearlessly, but still worry about about other people's feelings. I could still be addicted to MBTIc and have a social life at the same time! :banana:

Last edited:

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wouldn't change me for nothin!

Ah crap... I should have read the first post first... Sorry!

Last edited:

ChazzMichaels

MBTI Type
ISFP
ESFP.

I voted to be an ESFP. The few I am aquainted with are the most carefree, kind, and fun people I know of. That damn E would help me get out and do the things that I need to do, instead of hiding indoors.:peepwall: Hats off to all the Ns out there, it must be hard, intellectualizing and all.:thinking:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I voted ENTJ, although really it's more like ENxJ. Basically the opposite of who I actually am - no coincidence, of course. It's most definitely a case of the grass being greener on the other side... a whole lot of things could be different for me if I had other strengths. I'm also sure, however, that I'd have other issues if I didn't have the strengths I actually have, so... no complaints here :headphne: . Although it would certainly be nice to see how the other side lives, even if only for a short while.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Well, no one really wants to be an INTP... it's just something that happens to you, like getting into a car accident. :smile:

I chose INTP because they are my kindred spirits. I can bring them any problem and they will grant me instant clarity. They aren't perfect, but really no type is, and I admire them for their ability to see what I cannot.

I often think of them as being secretly the most sentimental of the analytical types, while INFJs are the most analytical of the sentimental types. :D

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I am going to choose ESFJ because I have grown into that role (or ESTJ) at work. I can get so much done at work and direct so many people, but I come home exhausted. I really don't enjoy what I do (mainly because my job morphed with way more responsibility than it was originally). The ESFJs I know well can direct well and are very organized but don't seem harsh like some ESTJs I know.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFP.

How could anyone say no to rabid emoticons usage.

redacted

if i was forced to change my type i'd choose ENFJ probably.

but honestly, i'm happy with my order/strength of cognitive functions. although a little more Te would be nice sometimes.

i'd stay how i am. my strong Ti supplementing Ni/Fe seems just right to me.