• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What other type would you want to be?

If you had to change your type, what other type would you be?

• Total voters

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ

Still above average. I think the average IQ of ENFPs is maybe 105-110-ish. ptgatsby probably knows more about this than me. But there are a few types with higher IQs, like INTPs, INTJs, INFPs ...

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Still above average. I think the average IQ of ENFPs is maybe 105-110-ish. ptgatsby probably knows more about this than me.

IQ correlates with I-N-F-P. ENFP's are overrepresented amongst highly gifted people.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Still above average. I think the average IQ of ENFPs is maybe 105-110-ish. ptgatsby probably knows more about this than me. But there are a few types with higher IQs, like INTPs, INTJs, INFPs ...

Can't say for sure here, but they are above average (but IN > EN on average, so the ones you listed would "average" higher). But strictly speaking, the distribution is a major problem - average is a great way of giving the wrong impression.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
IQ correlates with I-N-F-P. ENFP's are overrepresented amongst highly gifted people.

Actually it correlates with I-N-T-P, but the F/T is the one with least influence. And when I say the IQ of ENFPs is above average, it means they are also overrepresented amongst highly gifted people.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Actually it correlates with I-N-T-P, but the F/T is the one with least influence. And when I say the IQ of ENFPs is above average, it means they are also overrepresented amongst highly gifted people.

OK. It depends on the studies. Which ones are you referring to?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
A proof guy, huh? This one is certainly great: SENG: Articles & Resources - Gifted kids at risk: Who's listening?

I think most studies show IQ correlates very slightly with T, but again, it is the field of ptgatsby. :p

It's really not :D

However, I will say this - T correlates to sex, age and race. I have yet to see a study to use MBTI and control for this, so I have no idea for sure... But same goes for N (testing highschool students, as per your link, with MBTI is probably not the best way of doing the research.)

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
A proof guy, huh? This one is certainly great: SENG: Articles & Resources - Gifted kids at risk: Who's listening?

I think most studies show IQ correlates very slightly with T, but again, it is the field of ptgatsby. :p

A proof guy? I'm a "rational" and so are you.

The problem with that article is that it does not examine the correlation between IQ and MBTI factors across a normal population. It only dicusses gifted children.

Moutafi, Furnhamn & Crump (2003) showed that, if anything, intelligence correlated with F (even if slightly).

I will not use an appeal to authority logical fallacy to argue my point of view and hope that you can understand my argument without me needing to refer to it (ironically, I just have though).

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Moutafi, Furnhamn & Crump (2003) showed that, if anything, intelligence correlated with F (even if slightly).

I would agree with this, tenatively, if you look only at the results. Other papers have shown a similar nature. I do, however, think that there is another explanation...

However, this isn't the thread to be working it out on :D

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'd like to be an INTJ. Right now my T is introverted, so I tend to have issues with practical matters like deadlines, finishing projects, and oh-fuck-where's-my-wallet. I can only work on something as long as it interests me. An extroverted T would probably give me more follow-through.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
The S/N dimension is the only one that significantly matters for IQ (if any of them do). The differences in the other dimensions is so slight that it can easily be explained by any slight bias in the study. Additionally the various studies do not always agree on the other dimensions, but always show a difference between S and N.

P.S. I chose INTJ.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Wait -- is this why you don't want to be ENFP?
You know, I was walking, deeply thinking about my life and how could I improve my life to get out of this rut.. I had thought of ENTJ yesterday, because I scored as conscientious type on big 5. Today, now as I was walking.. I thought that I can't live by being against people.. I'll be happier by accepting some people from all my heart, when I've seen enough that they're good folks.

I actually planned my future on living as ENFP, and that thought somehow lifted me up. I didn't mean it in a strict sense though, like as playing some limited type and not behaving otherswise.

It's not directly the type idea that made me happy.. but I was thinking of one social group I've neglected latetely.. but I somehow found it that it's actually easy to like them, if I have the right settings in my mind, and I'm in peace with my past perceptions about them. I miss them, too, and I somehow knew I'd be happy with them. Made me remember the time when I was more of a "heart" than "head" person..

I'd be any EN type.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm torn between ENFJ and INTJ... I already provided reasons for this here:

Me? Hmm, it depends on my mood. There are times I wish I was more outgoing, energetic, persuasive, and people found it easier to see my compassion and interest in them, and those times I wish I were an ENFJ. On the other hand, there are times I get tired of having to care so much about what other people want from me. During those times, I'm a bit envious of INTJ.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Look at that CzeCze. now two people have voted ENFP.
Only one voted INTP so far. :(