• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What other type would you want to be?

If you had to change your type, what other type would you be?

• Total voters

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Again sensing types in general, don't want to be anything other than what they are, especially ISPs.

I wonder, how could it be anything else?

heart

heart on fire
Uh, no. :huh:

"?" said that Sensing types are not prone to wanting to be other than they are. Nothing was said of whether Ns can attain this state of self-satisfaction; "?" just stated that Ss and especially ISFPs are in that state by default.

Without defining that N types cannot attain or experience self satisfaction with their own type, then it is not as he originally put it a "tell tale" indicator.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
If I had to choose another type it would be ESTP. I need to be more outgoing and self confident in my job and life in general. I am usually sure of what I am doing, but I tend to avoid conflict and overlook some things, which does not help me to be a good supervisor.

As far as IQ goes, I feel that the testing used is fundamentally biased, and not a true measure of intelligence at all. (So saying, my IQ is in the 130 - 140 range. Certainly not exceptional, but I get by) ;) ;)
So are you actually wanting to pick another type or are you saying that you need to utilize your auxilary more? I would think that ESTPs sometimes may know that they have to tone down, however are they saying they would like to be ISTP?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
So your logic here is that only ISP can come to the point where they want to accept themselves and work on being true to their own inner vision/voice? INTP and INFP cannot come to this juncture, no matter how old they get or how much they develop inferior functions? The internal certainty of Fi or Ti plays no part in this decision at all huh? It is only S?

None of the other N types can ever decide they want to try and accept themselves as they are and work to be the best they can be as they are?
I am saying that this topic has come up more than once by intuitives and I never get why you want to be something else.

MBTI is about preferences, so if you prefer to be something then that is what you are under this system. If you determine that you are a type, are you saying that you now prefer to be something else or are you simply saying I need to work on a certain function?

When I am home and at peace, I would not want to be anything other than what I am. It's comfortable. If I have to turn on the charm in public or do something that calls for utilization of another function (more importantly a function that is foreign to me) then I don't wish to be a type that uses that dominant function. I realize that I can achieve only so much, and as Lenore Thomson reminds us, we cannot be proficient in using our weaker functions therefore it's futile to work on them since at best our development will appear infantile.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Without defining that N types cannot attain or experience self satisfaction with their own type, then it is not as he originally put it a "tell tale" indicator.

Sure it is. :yes: Here's how I read "?"'s argument:

No S wants to be a different type.
Some Ns want to be a different type.
Therefore, wanting to be a different type is indicative of N.

Of course, not wanting to be a different type is then inconclusive, but that does not make wanting to be a different type any less of an indicator.

... Assuming one buys the first premise, of course, which brings us back to:

Suggestion for supplementary poll: Who would change their type if they could?

:whistling: :D

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
Wow! If I could be another type, I would be an INFJ as I admire their dedication to humanity. I was absolutely amazed to see that after I voted, the highest was ENTJ. I think the reason that I am amazed.....is that you never can tell what kind of response you will get when you tell people that you are an ENTJ...especially if you are a woman.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I voted INFP, cause there is no other type I would be able to handle being, and because we're awesome. (it would have been cool as hell though if the vote thingy yelled at me that I couldn't vote for INFP because I was one, but I digress)

Sorry if I skewed the vote. ;)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
My heart goes out to all ENFJs. Beautiful type.

And to those who voted INFJ; be careful what you wish for! j/k ;P

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
My heart goes out to all ENFJs. Beautiful type.
Beautiful type, yes, but man! SO MUCH DRAMA :laugh: !!!

And to those who voted INFJ; be careful what you wish for! j/k ;P
Ugh. Believe me people: unless your dream career is to be a charismatic gnostic religious visionary or something, stay away from the INFJ type :ninja: !!

AliciaS2R

MBTI Type
IxTJ
I am saying that this topic has come up more than once by intuitives and I never get why you want to be something else.

MBTI is about preferences, so if you prefer to be something then that is what you are under this system. If you determine that you are a type, are you saying that you now prefer to be something else or are you simply saying I need to work on a certain function?

When I am home and at peace, I would not want to be anything other than what I am. It's comfortable. If I have to turn on the charm in public or do something that calls for utilization of another function (more importantly a function that is foreign to me) then I don't wish to be a type that uses that dominant function. I realize that I can achieve only so much, and as Lenore Thomson reminds us, we cannot be proficient in using our weaker functions therefore it's futile to work on them since at best our development will appear infantile.

I don't really want to be anything other than what I am. In answer to your question, I need to work on developing certain functions. I don't believe there is any black or white answer to anything including types, I think there are many shades of grey to be found. I may want to be more outspoken, but that does not mean I want to be brash and loud. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ, so that I can be a bad-ass motherf**ker with the confidence to intimidate others so it hurts!

(And so the ladies will be more attracted to me.)

EDIT: So no one wants to be an ISTJ?

heart

heart on fire

There have been many times in my life when I would have gladly been INTP instead of INFP. I would have liked to be able to detach from emotion and focus on thinking. Feeling has always been distracting to my thought, it takes up my time and energy and puts me into times of being frozen into a sort of limbo. That's very frustrating and irritating. However the older I get the more I see I cannot be anything other than what I am, I have to make peace with the way I am. It does not feel like a "preference" to me but rather my basic nature, basic hardwiring.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
What type do you WISH you were?

I wish I had more 'N' than I do. Sometimes I think I'd rather be extroverted as well... I'm gonna represent the I's though and stick with it.

INTJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm happy being exactly as I am typewise almost all of the time! :)

occasionally being a bit more Jish would be useful, but that's about it! :laugh: I've worked with getting in touch with my N and F sides to the point where I can function around different people with more ease! ;)

ygolo

My termites win
I don't know. I usually answer ESFJ to this question. But I suppose every type has their issues.