User Tag List

View Poll Results: If you had to change your type, what other type would you be?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

8 5.16%
  • INTJ

12 7.74%
  • ENTP

29 18.71%
  • ENTJ

26 16.77%
  • INFP

5 3.23%
  • INFJ

13 8.39%
  • ENFP

8 5.16%
  • ENFJ

20 12.90%
  • ISTP

6 3.87%
  • ISFP

6 3.87%
  • ESTP

7 4.52%
  • ESFP

3 1.94%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

4 2.58%
  • ESTJ

4 2.58%
  • ESFJ

4 2.58%
First 41213141516 Last

ISFP
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I am saying that this topic has come up more than once by intuitives and I never get why you want to be something else.

MBTI is about preferences, so if you prefer to be something then that is what you are under this system. If you determine that you are a type, are you saying that you now prefer to be something else or are you simply saying I need to work on a certain function?

When I am home and at peace, I would not want to be anything other than what I am. It's comfortable. If I have to turn on the charm in public or do something that calls for utilization of another function (more importantly a function that is foreign to me) then I don't wish to be a type that uses that dominant function. I realize that I can achieve only so much, and as Lenore Thomson reminds us, we cannot be proficient in using our weaker functions therefore it's futile to work on them since at best our development will appear infantile.
    I don't really want to be anything other than what I am. In answer to your question, I need to work on developing certain functions. I don't believe there is any black or white answer to anything including types, I think there are many shades of grey to be found. I may want to be more outspoken, but that does not mean I want to be brash and loud.
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTJ, so that I can be a bad-ass motherf**ker with the confidence to intimidate others so it hurts!

(And so the ladies will be more attracted to me.)

EDIT: So no one wants to be an ISTJ?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I am saying that this topic has come up more than once by intuitives and I never get why you want to be something else.

MBTI is about preferences, so if you prefer to be something then that is what you are under this system. If you determine that you are a type, are you saying that you now prefer to be something else or are you simply saying I need to work on a certain function?

When I am home and at peace, I would not want to be anything other than what I am. It's comfortable. If I have to turn on the charm in public or do something that calls for utilization of another function (more importantly a function that is foreign to me) then I don't wish to be a type that uses that dominant function. I realize that I can achieve only so much, and as Lenore Thomson reminds us, we cannot be proficient in using our weaker functions therefore it's futile to work on them since at best our development will appear infantile.
    There have been many times in my life when I would have gladly been INTP instead of INFP. I would have liked to be able to detach from emotion and focus on thinking. Feeling has always been distracting to my thought, it takes up my time and energy and puts me into times of being frozen into a sort of limbo. That's very frustrating and irritating. However the older I get the more I see I cannot be anything other than what I am, I have to make peace with the way I am. It does not feel like a "preference" to me but rather my basic nature, basic hardwiring.

MBTI
    ISTx

Default What type do you WISH you were?

I wish I had more 'N' than I do. Sometimes I think I'd rather be extroverted as well... I'm gonna represent the I's though and stick with it.

INTJ.

MBTI
    ISTP

Anything "Extroverted".
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    Are you trying to sound like Yoda?

What exactly are you asking(in normal English)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    *scattering done beforehand not to waste space* "If the Scat Man can do it, brotha, so can you!" BABABADABO Skeebibididiyodadadum ZizSazouiiscatbobliboobizizizScoobydoobyscoobydoom elody! I'm the Scat Man...." *sccccattttttt*

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamanthus View Post
    Anything "Extroverted".
    lol. Ya sound kinda desperate.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm happy being exactly as I am typewise almost all of the time!

occasionally being a bit more Jish would be useful, but that's about it! I've worked with getting in touch with my N and F sides to the point where I can function around different people with more ease!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I don't know. I usually answer ESFJ to this question. But I suppose every type has their issues.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    lol. Ya sound kinda desperate.
    It just seems like it'd be "easier" to be extroverted than introverted. I could be wrong, though.

Otherwise, I'm fine with ISTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    Are you trying to sound like Yoda?

What exactly are you asking(in normal English)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    *scattering done beforehand not to waste space* "If the Scat Man can do it, brotha, so can you!" BABABADABO Skeebibididiyodadadum ZizSazouiiscatbobliboobizizizScoobydoobyscoobydoom elody! I'm the Scat Man...." *sccccattttttt*