User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 48

  1. #31
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,904

    Default

    Looking back to another thread:

    [B]Originally Posted by nolla[B]
    Yes, and actually the ego being present is lessening the creativity, as you have to limit your creativeness into certain type of activity. Activity that provokes the wanted reaction. So, you confine the creativity to what you think other people expect.

    Many artists have this problem after they become famous... The free flow is gone and they just end up duplicating their own works.[/I]

    [B]Originally Posted by Victor[B]

    Yes, you are most insightful at many levels.

    For the flow of creativity to continue it is important not to do the same thing twice.

    And in duplicating your own work, you become a parody of yourself.

    Also you have hit the nail on the head when you say ego limits creativity.

    For instance, here I am constantly asked to explain myself. In other words I am constantly asked to slip back into my own ego. And I can only do this at the expense of my creativity. And I find this annoying.

    However annoyance breeds annoyance and I think many here are annoyed at my creativity and would like to destroy it. And instinctively they seem to know that if they can provoke my ego, they will have succeeded in destroying my creativity.

    So you can imagine, Nolla, what a pleasure for me to read your posts and find I am understood.

    Go Finland!


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    OK, I think I get it. I like your creativity by the way. It is quite appealing.

    I think what people are tired of is the topic with nothing to support the argument. You attempt to communicate a point of view in an elegant way. It is sometimes hard for others to understand. The point is that different techniques are required to be applied for you to change other's perspectives. You can apply creativity in your reasoning, towards ways of appealing to other's interests, put yourself in their shoes, creatively seek evidence, or apply creativity in how you compromise. That may not be you and if so, that's fine.

    You can also pick different topics other than bashing MBTI. There are a lot of things that I believe you can provide some very insightful thoughts on that I'm sure everyone would like to hear. I have seen at least one of these posts over the last week. I can think of one other poster on the board that comes up with very elegantly written insightful philosophical commentary which makes you stop and makes you think. You could easily do this as well. That other person picks different topics to talk about and takes care not to disrupt other people's threads.

    I'd consider the actual reasons for why you do what you do, whether those are the reasons you want to have. I'd look for different alternatives - topics to express your feelings/thoughts on, items that you feel passionate about, and a point of view that is not diametrically opposed to the vast majority of people on the board. That is unless, the attention is your primary motivator and if so, isn't that getting in the way of your creativity?

    Anyway, that is my opinion.
    Last edited by highlander; 02-24-2010 at 12:23 AM.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #32
    Member Tycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    65

    Default

    MBTI does not limit my creativity as a person any more than studying food science makes me a worse cook.

  3. #33
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    What is most interesting about MBTI is its silences. But how does one listen to silence?

    John Cage wrote an orchestral piece called 4'33'' consisting entirely of silence, and so enabled us to hear silence.

    And painters regularly show us our blind spots.

    But somehow the silences and blind spots of MBTI are sacrosanct.

    After seventy years without a double blind test, MBTI has become a sacred cow.

    And it is a cow that is comfortably deaf and blind.

  4. #34
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    This merciless nay-saying, V... there is no construction here, nothing built, nothing gained from listening to you. Someday tell the real story of what happened when you were diagnosed and give up the limp complaint. That'd be something real.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  5. #35
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    This merciless nay-saying, V... there is no construction here, nothing built, nothing gained from listening to you. Someday tell the real story of what happened when you were diagnosed and give up the limp complaint. That'd be something real.
    Why don't you and your gang stop making your ad hominem attacks on me, and why don't the moderators stop this sustained group bullying.

  6. #36
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Opposition needs the opposed thing to exist. You can't be considered to be arguing against something if you merely oppose it. A reason for opposition is required. Do you ever say what the reason is? The real reason, not the camouflage. Do you ever? If this passion has no root, it is not passion.

    How can it be an ad hominem if there was nothing to argue against? Who argues against a characterisation? Why would they? Why would you want them to?



    Just say no to saying no.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  7. #37
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Thumbs down Nothingness

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What is most interesting about MBTI is its silences. But how does one listen to silence?

    John Cage wrote an orchestral piece called 4'33'' consisting entirely of silence, and so enabled us to hear silence.

    And painters regularly show us our blind spots.

    But somehow the silences and blind spots of MBTI are sacrosanct.

    After seventy years without a double blind test, MBTI has become a sacred cow.

    And it is a cow that is comfortably deaf and blind.
    There was an endearing time when art involved the recreation of reality.

    However, reality was different to this man named Picasso, who testified that he had buried realism.

    So art is no longer anchored in the real, the surreal, or even the abstract.

    Art is anchored in art itself. Paint blotches, silence, white noise. These are artistic progressions that only progress into nothingness.

    When we gurgle in the pool of nothingness, we are unaware of reality. Instead, we are merely aware of our own crestfallen existence.

  8. #38
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Why don't you and your gang stop making your ad hominem attacks on me, and why don't the moderators stop this sustained group bullying.
    I apologize if my comments came across as an attack of any kind. They were not meant to be and I would never spend the time I did on the post in that spirit. I was actually trying to help.

    My directness and honesty is a strength and alas also weakness.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  9. #39
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    There was an endearing time when art involved the recreation of reality.

    However, reality was different to this man named Picasso, who testified that he had buried realism.

    So art is no longer anchored in the real, the surreal, or even the abstract.

    Art is anchored in art itself. Paint blotches, silence, white noise. These are artistic progressions that only progress into nothingness.

    When we gurgle in the pool of nothingness, we are unaware of reality. Instead, we are merely aware of our own crestfallen existence.
    We have a public art program in Canberra and whenever I go out I see these extraordinary sculptures throughout Canberra.

    And not only is our public art high quality but it is high art. And so we get the standard low criticism from the low brow.

    Fortunately Canberrans are well educated and high art lifts our spirits as we progress into the electric future, called the noosphere, leaving the low brows behind in the literate and literal past.

    It's our money and we spend it on high art, lifting the whole city, and surprising and delighting large numbers of visitors every day.

  10. #40
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Opposition needs the opposed thing to exist. You can't be considered to be arguing against something if you merely oppose it. A reason for opposition is required. Do you ever say what the reason is? The real reason, not the camouflage. Do you ever? If this passion has no root, it is not passion.

    How can it be an ad hominem if there was nothing to argue against? Who argues against a characterisation? Why would they? Why would you want them to?

    Just say no to saying no.
    In a liberal democracy the purpose of the Loyal Opposition is to limit power.

    And it is the limitation of power that is the raison d'etre of liberal democracy.

    Of course you live in a system where the powers of Head of State, Commander-in-Chief, and President are concentrated in the hands of one man. And you don't even have a Leader of the Opposition.

    So I can hardly expect you to understand liberal democracy.

Similar Threads

  1. Am I an hybrid? INTP, INFP OR ENFP? (trapped in Ne)
    By sadisbeauty in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 04:29 AM
  2. Guitar solos in rock music: yay or nay?
    By Maverick in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 04:53 PM
  3. Werewolf or Vampire?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO