First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    struggled with this one - my guess was 74 as well. The 7 was so confusing I thought it might be an 8 and the 4 looks a bit like like a 1.
    This test is used by Optometrist to determine whether or not you have red/green colorblindness. If you can't clearly see the "74" then you have it to some degree.

There are other circular blotches with other numbers and of different colors to detect other types of colorblindness.

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

So MBTI helps the chaotic or depressed personality improve themselves by becoming an authoritarian personality with a ready-made way of thinking.
    How did you get to authoritarian?

I think MBTI can be a trap, but I'm not clear on how you go to authoritarian. MBTI gives you a solid identity and a reference point to relate to so they feel more permanent, more secure.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    This test is used by Optometrist to determine whether or not you have red/green colorblindness. If you can't clearly see the "74" then you have it to some degree.

There are other circular blotches with other numbers and of different colors to detect other types of colorblindness.

Interesting. Nobody every said I had colorblindness before. Either my eyes are getting worse or it is not so good of a test. I think I can see red and green fine though... Not so good at those crazy colors like, teal or magenta and things like that. It's more not knowing what the words are. That might be more of a male/female difference

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Interesting. Nobody every said I had colorblindness before. Either my eyes are getting worse or it is not so good of a test.
    As I understand it there is "partial" and "full" colorblindness. You might very well be on the cusp...or the test sucks.

I think I can see red and green fine though... Not so good at those crazy colors like, teal or magenta and things like that. It's more not knowing what the words are. That might be more of a male/female difference
    Yeah, once "fuscia" and "burnt umber" get thrown into the mix I am dead in the water. I'm a crayola color kind of guy, I've got other shit to worry about.

I used to work for an Optometrist when I was in high school. I did the pre-exams oftern. It was fun. My depth perception (3-D glasses test) is horrid. I'm amazed I don't walk into stuff more often than I do, which is frequently.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    MBTI is a refuge for the chaotic and the depressed.

MBTI provides a structured way of thinking that is clung to as a drowning man clings to driftwood.

So MBTI helps the chaotic or depressed personality improve themselves by becoming an authoritarian personality with a ready-made way of thinking.

The authoritarian personality is an improvement on the chaotic or depressed personality, but in the struggle to move up from the chaotic personality, the authoritarian personality comes to hate the chaotic.

And unfortunately the authoritarian personality has yet to learn to distinguish between the chaotic and the creative. So the authoritarian personality hates both the chaotic and the creative.

So although MBTI provides a refuge from chaos and depression, it is at the price of creativity.

And as we move up from the literate, industrial society to the electronic, service society, creativity is becoming more and more valuable.

And MBTI will be seen less as a refuge and more as a trap.
    Depends mainly upon on how you view it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

MBTI helped me immensely to get the chaos outta my life. I was able to understand and accept my self rathen than being annoyed at my self for being unique (radically outta place in society- what i thought then)

Compromising on creativity! not at all. I have actually begun to be more creative. I have been able to focus more on being creative and not being so lost becoz of MBTI. but of course there is one point when you have to let go of your crutches and define your ownself without trying to look for answers through MBTI.

I think i have been able to do that and look at MBTI very objectively now. now I'm in the forums coz it's interesting to understand others.

MBTI
    INTJ

There's a quote somewhere about how when a man opens his mouth to voice an opinion on other people he most often speaks about himself.

Will no one help poor Victor? He's afraid of too many things inside himself.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by rushig View Post
    MBTI helped me immensely to get the chaos outta my life. I was able to understand and accept my self rathen than being annoyed at my self for being unique (radically outta place in society- what i thought then)

Compromising on creativity! not at all. I have actually begun to be more creative. I have been able to focus more on being creative and not being so lost becoz of MBTI. but of course there is one point when you have to let go of your crutches and define your ownself without trying to look for answers through MBTI.

I think i have been able to do that and look at MBTI very objectively now. now I'm in the forums coz it's interesting to understand others.
    Same here. Significant increase in creative output and I put myself in positions where I can bring the type of creativity I have to the table. I expect myself to exhibit creativity now and if I don't, I realize something is wrong. The bigger culprit is "business" or being "obsessed" with the wrong things.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    There's a quote somewhere about how when a man opens his mouth to voice an opinion on other people he most often speaks about himself.

Will no one help poor Victor? He's afraid of too many things inside himself.
    Good point.

Victor,

Why do you think you are losing your creativity? Why do you think MBTI is putting you in a box? There is obviously a lot of creativity that we see in your posts.

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by rushig View Post
    yeah, I'm sure most of us could somehow relate to this, if not all.

MBTI's helped me in many ways! It's better off used as a tool. It might not exactly be accurate and it creates a lot of stereotypes. I had to name a few about the theory that I didn't like.