• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type(s) do you think are the most reluctant (desinterested in) to talk about

MBTI Type
INFJ
....themselves/ personal things?

--> I know that not talking about oneself, or not being interested in talking about or listening to personal stuff has maybe little (or nothing) to do with type.
But I'd like to hear your point of view (experiences) nonetheless.....

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFPs, especially if they haven't developed and deepened other aspects of their personality. They don't want to be laughed at for what they have to say. You gotta build trust and make the first move, but once you do the personal stuff can flow and flow like a torrent. (Positive or negative content? That depends on the situation, the level of trust that is there, and of course the individual.) They don't make friends easily, but once they find someone who respects them, they'll see you as a keeper.
I know introverts in general don't just open up about everything to everyone.
That's just the way I see it.

edit: They'll listen to your personal stuff all day though. Barf it all up in my lap, and keep it coming.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think all introverts are guarded but IT's are unlikely to have any desire talk about personal things

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OP is kind of difficult to interpret, but I think you're asking which types tend to be most averse to sharing personal information about themselves and their feelings?

In which case I'd have to say ITJs.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I know I hate talking about myself. Therefore, I tend to come off as mysterious. People say that a lot anyways. Most other people seem to love talking about themselves so it is an interesting question. On another note, ESTP's in my experience are the most likely to talk about themselves.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends on which personal stuff.
Feelings? Shudder.
Interests? Happy as pie.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mm, I guess I basically mean "feelings", but not exclusively..... also opinions, beliefs, dreams, wishes, fears etc....
maybe what I'm asking is which types are least interested in talking about themselves.... while I know that introverts in general usually do not throw their most personal feelings at you if they don't know you (I don't do this myself), some acquaintances of me (all computer scientists,*lol*) never talk about themselves, and they don't seem like they want or need to. I guess I am NOT referring to interests....!

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Feelings? ...haha.
Beliefs/values/dreams/experiences/wishes/fears? I'll never make the first move. Talking about my personal values and beliefs is uncomfortable because I don't find that I can translate them into anything meaningful outside of the context of my own mind. I usually avoid bringing up my opinions because nine times out of then, the other party gets flippant or emotional (often because my opinions are so unemotional) and it's difficult to have any sort of debate, so I wait for them to offer their side first and try to anticipate how reasonably they'd react to my own. If I think they will respond reasonably and I respect them, I'll share, but I dislike talking about myself in general.

I'm liable to ramble about my interests, but it quickly becomes a conversation about the interest and nothing to do with me whatsoever.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I refuse to discuss personal topics even if asked directly, so I'd say INFPs have good potential for such behavior.

heart

heart on fire
When I was younger I wouldn't talk to people about my personal stuff.

The years I was 17-19 I lived among people because I had to work and go to school but I was like a virtual recluse even while among them. I didn't even share my thoughts and feelings with boyfriends. I kept everything very surface and immediate with everyone.

I didn't trust other people, at all. I didn't trust that anyone would want to talk to me for geniunue reasons because I felt myself to be totally unlikable and boring. I believed anyone who wanted to befriend me wanted to use or mock me. But I had a lot going on in my home/family life that warped my view of the world.

I got a little better when I met my husband and he warmed me some. But around age 33 I had a dramatic change in outlook on the world and people and myself. Like a part of me woke up for the first time.