Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I imagine Solitarywalker with curlers in his hair, in a pink bathrobe, waving his cane at small children passing by his home, and growling, "Stop using folk typology, you whipper-snappers!".
    I imagine that SolitaryWalker sits at his computer with curlers in his hair in a pink bathrobe feeling superior to people on this site for using folk typology, and imagining it works because we can't see him.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Lets see, what story do I have about an embarrassing mistyping? I had a pseudo-intellectual philosophy major help me write my first book and at times we discussed my project to come, the Principles of Typology. He once told me that everyone is an ENFP because they all seem just like him. To this person's mind, every person has a jovial, upbeat as well as attention seeking nature and they must therefore be all ENFPs. I don't know why he assumed that if a person is jovial, upbeat and attention seeking, he must be an ENFP; but nonetheless, this is what he did.
    You wrote Principles of Typology? It's in front of me at this very moment. I'm reading it right now. Exceptional book!!! Really, really good. Wow.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I used to make the mistake of under attributing ESFJ and ENFP. They are A LOT more common then I previously thought. Giving people the tests and then talking with them about it has opened my eyes!

As soon as I figured out that male ESFJs dont come off as homemakers I was much more able to type them. As soon as I realized that ESFJ females actually party as hard as the ESFP females, I once again stopped under typing them.

The people that usaully end up testing ENFP, I almost always think of as some sick conglomeration of ISFP and ESTP --> ridiculous scheming that made me think "ESTP salesman" and the chillax care not about tommorow made me think "ISFP"...I finally got over this though. After accepting the low energy nature of a lot of ENXPs, I've stopped under typing them.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Yup, I've noticed how male FJs often come across as TJs.

Lets see, what story do I have about an embarrassing mistyping? I had a pseudo-intellectual philosophy major help me write my first book ... To this person's mind, every person has a jovial, upbeat as well as attention seeking nature and they must therefore be all ENFPs.
    It's not half as bad as this nonsense you wrote about "deplorable" SJs:

... you are one of the few Ss that I think deserve some respect. Even more so meritorious for being an SJ who does not have a compulsion to enforce sensless and arbitrary rules.

So to humor your Si a bit, I didnt get my facts straight, I have made contact with at least on S that I can regard as something other than deplorable through and through.
    Anyone who would write comments like that has no business even dealing with typology, much less writing a book on the subject.
    The prejudice is palpable.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I've found the "best" [if there is such a thing] way to type people quickly is to use Keirsey's abstract/concrete and utilitarian/cooperative dichotomies in language and disposition. Things like "he likes science" or "she likes to dance and write poetry" for me have always been really shitty methods that I've had to shake, since the newcomer can get confused easily.

However, it still won't be perfect because people have the advantage of knowing their own mental processes over you, so all you're seeing is the exhibited behavior and not necessarily the subconscious cognitive tendencies that lead to it.

People can barely type themselves, typing others without extensive personal knowledge can be pretty much impossible.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that I'm wrong about myself.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's not half as bad as this nonsense you wrote about "deplorable" SJs:

Anyone who would write comments like that has no business even dealing with typology, much less writing a book on the subject.
    The prejudice is palpable.
    Hmm...

I would not jump to conclusions without reading it. I'm not finished yet, but there is some quite good material which provides substantial insight.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

You can preview some of it online. I read some of it online here first.

Principles of Typology - Google Books

Then I read the Amazon.com reviews here:

Amazon.com: Principles of Typology (9781438927145): Aleksey Bashtavenko: Books

Definitely worth the money.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I imagine that SolitaryWalker sits at his computer with curlers in his hair in a pink bathrobe feeling superior to people on this site for using folk typology, and imagining it works because we can't see him.
    No. He's naked.