User Tag List

First 23456 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm shocked when anyone has a rate of success beyond 50%. I wouldn't just trust any old test, though, either.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think he's an ISTJ who I'd hopefully thought would be more P (though I've got to say that I actually truly appreciate his J-ness!)

he makes lists, he makes plans, he arrives places promptly, he straightens pictures and pillows and even organizes his shirts by type, color and hangs them all the same direction in the closet

how could I not have noticed it's like living with Monk!

(oddly, I love it...)

and to Elaur, you're the smart one
    My wife is actually working on not doing these things or atleast limiting it. Her dad is an STJ and that is how he is. Down to making sure the spacing between each hanger is the same.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm shocked when anyone has a rate of success beyond 50%. I wouldn't just trust any old test, though, either.
    I havnt had anyone verify their type and use it more as a personal understanding that changes and more tie together situations and understandings. I hink I do better with the last 3 letters. From what I read E/I is better to use first impression and J/P is best to determine after they have settled into things. The hard part though is that J/P can invert all the functions.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I find it easiest to use the test as a springboard and then discuss the components with the person so that they understand things and can decide for themselves and you can both discuss how their behavior and thought patterns would fit in the scheme of things!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I find it easiest to use the test as a springboard and then discuss the components with the person so that they understand things and can decide for themselves and you can both discuss how their behavior and thought patterns would fit in the scheme of things!
    Exactly. We all know everyone loves talking about themselves. What better than their own special personality type.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Oh, you've got to be kidding me! You used folk typology to learn about your friends and arrived at some very confusing, mutually exclusive and altogether ridiculous results! How unusual, how could this have happened!?
    Yeah, man!! How terrible!! What a terrible thing to have happened. Oh, no! Ridiculous!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Yeah, man!! How terrible!! What a terrible thing to have happened. Oh, no! Ridiculous!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

if you have a story about an embarassingly off mistyping, you may share it. Otherwise, have a nice evening, goodbye
    Lets see, what story do I have about an embarrassing mistyping? I had a pseudo-intellectual philosophy major help me write my first book and at times we discussed my project to come, the Principles of Typology. He once told me that everyone is an ENFP because they all seem just like him. To this person's mind, every person has a jovial, upbeat as well as attention seeking nature and they must therefore be all ENFPs. I don't know why he assumed that if a person is jovial, upbeat and attention seeking, he must be an ENFP; but nonetheless, this is what he did.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I imagine Solitarywalker with curlers in his hair, in a pink bathrobe, waving his cane at small children passing by his home, and growling, "Stop using folk typology, you whipper-snappers!".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Hi, Whatevs! I was just wondering if you thought much about his functions. My husband tested INTJ at first because he uses a lot of N for his work, yet he didn't jive as an INTJ. It wasn't until I started looking at functions that I knew, and know, without a doubt (mostly) that he is ISTP. This is because he used Ti all the time, followed by Se. ISTJs are very different really, because they would use Si, followed by Te. Si is a tricky function to identify, but Si people won't notice quite as much around them as Se-ers, in my experience, and what they do notice they will run through a subjective list of catalogued memories relating to the theme of the object they are regarding. Se will just notice everything, but more objectively.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com