• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Growth and Stress Behaviors

Little_Sticks

typetheory.jpg

I got this idea that as a natural defense mechanism the various types have to adapt and create a shield of another type when their natural type is not nurtured. And naturally, I realized that this can be both positive and negative.

The central idea is in the following example.

Take an example of INFP.

INFP is Fi Ne Si [Te]. When the Fi+Ne (supported by Si) fails to create a positive result, Fi then takes a backseat and the unconscious Te steps up to take control. But Te being unconscious needs a function to direct it. So something must go before the Te+Fi combination.

The choices then become Ni, Ne, Si, and Se. Now I'm not a firm believer in the shadow function aspect of MBTI and it seems most aren't either and that no one has a good model of what the shadow would even be for the different types. So from my observations an introvert does not become extroverted when under stress (although they may act out in frustration which I do not consider as being extroverted, but simply a natural reaction of stress). So this leaves Ni and Ne. And since the INFP needs an introverted function to direct their Te it seems natural that Ni will feed their Te.

Then what we end up with is Ni+Te (supported by Fi taking a backseat but still watching over and making sure everything is still in line with values).

And taking this a step further we could say that doing such a thing successfully for an INFP is a healthy mental shield to exuberate and grow for tackling problems their conscious psyche is not able to do successfully and as well.

And then it would follow that their can be an unhealthy way to shield oneself. In the case of the INFP, I decided the worst thing this type could do is try to invalidate and throw away their Fi when nothing about it is being successful - relying on Ti to lead instead of Fi and becoming unstable and neurotic like a cat thinking it is a dog, and vice versa.

So...
<attaches suit of steak armor to naked body>
Okay, Pedro. You can open the lion's gates now. I'm all ready.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When I'm (ENFP) under stress, I can definitely see myself using Te in an unhealthy way, and also getting irritated by petty things.

I don't see ESFJ at all. ESFP? I do get more sensorial when I'm stressed.

Little_Sticks

Okay. I'll wait to see what other people say and change it to what everyone says makes sense. I based the other ones off of the INFP example, so the other types most probably follow some slightly different rules, assuming any of this makes any sense at all.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like this... I wouldnt change it just because a few people dont like it either.

Your version is unique :). If everyone starts complaining, it will just turn into a "tertiary temptation" or "shadow" chart :( .

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can't really see myself resorting to my inferior Se to solve problems, because for me, Se creates even more stress and drains a lot of my energy. I do believe, however, that developing your inferior function WILL have a positive effect on your life as it will help balance you out.

Not sure if I understood the chart correctly, though.