User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default How to spot SPs....

I know, this sounds really, really stupid.....but.... I somehow have a real trouble identifying SPs in real life ((.... I GUESS (!) all people I am friends with and my family are either SJs, NFs or NTs....BUT....I feel that this is rather unlikely (although I am aware of the fact that I do share something with the other temperaments, whether cooperative tool-use or abstract language, and none of those with the SPs).....
    but I have the feeling that I may have mistyped some SJs and NTs, who are in fact SPs.....
    aaaaargh. Maybe I have some SP stereotyping in my head which is just not applicable to the actual SPs in my life..... I just don't know. I know the differences between the temperaments, but somehow I most easily identify other NFs and SJs......arghfpsdf.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Halfjillhalfjack View Post
    I know, this sounds really, really stupid.....but.... I somehow have a real trouble identifying SPs in real life ((.... I GUESS (!) all people I am friends with and my family are either SJs, NFs or NTs....BUT....I feel that this is rather unlikely (although I am aware of the fact that I do share something with the other temperaments, whether cooperative tool-use or abstract language, and none of those with the SPs).....
    but I have the feeling that I may have mistyped some SJs and NTs, who are in fact SPs.....
    aaaaargh. Maybe I have some SP stereotyping in my head which is just not applicable to the actual SPs in my life..... I just don't know. I know the differences between the temperaments, but somehow I most easily identify other NFs and SJs......arghfpsdf.
    The only valid way to determine an individual's MBTI type is to test them.

If you use any rules of thumb regarding identification of a person's MBTI type via observation of their physical traits and characteristic behaviors, then you are prone to a large amount of error.

There is no hard and fast rule of the universe that states people must adhere to looking and acting in manner that is consistent with stereotypes of their MBTI type.

Just out of curiousity, why do you wish to type people as such? Will it affect the way you interact with them? I have never understood why some folks desire to do that.

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

If you use any rules of thumb regarding identification of a person's MBTI type via observation of their physical traits and characteristic behaviors, then you are prone to a large amount of error.

There is no hard and fast rule of the universe that states people must adhere to looking and acting in manner that is consistent with stereotypes of their MBTI type.

Just out of curiousity, why do you wish to type people as such? Will it affect the way you interact with them? I have never understood why some folks desire to do that.

-Halla
    I guess I'm just overdoing this whole MBTI thing.....you're right....

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

We're kinda like the SJs and NPs, but cooler.

But seriously, only the ESxPs are somewhat easy to recognize. The innies are harder to tell until you know them well (and even then) since Se is only our secondary function, and for some of us it's quite weak.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Halfjillhalfjack View Post
    Here's a good temperament site, I specifically linked the SP one- The Artisan Temperament

If you look on the left, there is a section called "Temperament and..." and has a lot more links. It describes the temperaments in detail on those pages.

I agree with ES_Ps being the easiest SP to spot. It's just hard to mistake them for me. It's like an EN_P, except they really aren't that intellectually flaky and seem to be very grounded and practical. They don't get random ideas all the time. An NP in conversation would twist words (for humor) and relate things to totally random contexts; while SPs would talk about things that they had experienced related to that, and wouldn't twist words but rather make humor out of what is already there.

Just some food for thought... not sure if that's all accurate.

EDIT: About IS_Ps, think of IN_Ps but just more practical and talking about actual things. Less interested in theoretical mumbo jumbo. May simplify problems and pretty much everything instinctively to make them easy to understand and apply (and fix when it comes to problems).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

The real question is "How to stop SPs?".

MBTI
    entp

SPs are free/happiest doing hands-on stuff...they with NPs are the least likely to be doing stuff just cuz they have to

NPs are most likely to be confused for SPs...i think NPs come as close to SP as a non-SP might

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I partially agree, however many common behavior patterns among people of the same type have been noted by Myers, Keirsey, Thomson, and others repeatedly. Errors are likely if you make snap judgments on the basis of only a couple of traits or characteristics, but if you spend more than a few minutes around a person and get to know what makes them tick, you can start to form a good idea of likely types for that person, whether they have ever taken an official test or not.

Halfjillhalfjac, you should read the thread linked in my sig for some "intro to SP traits" kinda stuff.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

-Halla
    You are such an ESTP. Damn you, Halla, damn you.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    SPs are free/happiest doing hands-on stuff...they with NPs are the least likely to be doing stuff just cuz they have to

NPs are most likely to be confused for SPs...i think NPs come as close to SP as a non-SP might
    Comon thing for my family to say to me

Mom: "your pacing, everything ok"
    Me: "im bored"

call wife: "do you need anything from the store? I need something to do"

I dont do things because I have to, but because I get bored not doing things.
    Im out, its been fun