User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default Borderline types?

Are there a lot of people who are just on the border of being T or F, S or N, J or P, and/or I and E?

How do you type them?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I look at it like this. I am almost borderline T/F.

Te---------*---o-------------Fe

I am (supposedly) borderline P/J

Ni---------*---o-------------Ne

Te-----------*-o-------------Ti

The question is can the introverted and extraverted of the same preference be an analog line of what one can be or is it digital (black and white)?

If it is indeed digital than I am wrong and the P and J function cannot be borderline at all in which 'some' people tend to go by (not saying names).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

borderline on S/N... test either N or borderline
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent15 View Post
    Are there a lot of people who are just on the border of being T or F, S or N, J or P, and/or I and E?

How do you type them?
    There is no such thing.

You aren't a certain degree T or F, I or E.

You have a function order.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    There is no such thing.

You aren't a certain degree T or F, I or E.

You have a function order.
    Question - Does this assume you are applying the function-attitudes type theory or do you suggest this also applies for MBTI or Keirsey's theory?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think the most common "borderline" letter is E/I. This may be in part due to the fact that the usage of extroversion/introversion in a typological sense does not necessarily correspond to the traditional definitions of extroversion/introversion, so we have trouble truly discerning the difference and thus waffle back and fourth in self-analysis. Also, E/I causes the smallest change in your function combination, so it is probably easiest for something like an ENTP to mistype him/herself as an INTP.

I'd say that Exxx types most closely resemble their Ixxx cousins, for the most part. I think the way to tell the difference is by figuring out which function you can "turn off" so to speak. It seems like our dominant functions govern us in such a way that we fail to even notice them. They are just such an essential part of our being that the constant poke in our cognition becomes no more noticeable than our own heartbeat.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Alright here. I made this to help explain the two views functions are seen in.

Analogue View

This works as it indicates you can't be Ni without Se or Ne without Si. Same with Te/Fi and Fe/Ti.
    It gives an understanding to the functions and MBTI types in an easy fashion.

What I believe myself to be.

Digital View
    The digital view looks at it in the black and white.

The functions have an order. There is no in-between solution of the function.

It is not this:

It is this:

There is no in-between

To be honest I think the analogue view is the right way to look at it because it seems to work better with understanding those who say they are borderline which is non-existent in the digital view.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The ones who are borderline to the system are the ones who would know it sucks. There are several ways to go from here: one is to create a new system that will most probably suck again. One is to dwell on it and get stuck with it.

One is for sure tho, the sentence "There is no-between" can eat my nuts
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The ones who are borderline to the system are the ones who would know it sucks. There are several ways to go from here: one is to create a new system that will most probably suck again. One is to dwell on it and get stuck with it.

One is for sure tho, the sentence "There is no-between" can eat my nuts
    How did I miss this thread?

No, I don't feel the need to create a new system, per se. I think it works if you just use the charts of all the types you're borderline on simultaneously, understanding that there are going to be inconsistencies in function strength, fluctuating between the function positions of the types you border on depending on the situation. I also think that the more first and possibly second position functions that you have, the more precise the kind of information you're attracted to is. I experience this myself, and it makes sense that if you don't appeal to multiple leading and/or creative processes simultaneously they end up getting in each other's way and limiting your sense of gratification from the information. Another thing I've noticed about being an IXFX is that I have a poor sense of external reality- I understand pretty strictly by means of an internal map/rationalizing things, rather than through direct observation. (Orienting) I think this may have something to do with the fact that all of my introverted functions are ahead of their extroverted counterparts in my mental loop:

Fi Se Ni Te
    Fi Ne Si Te
    Si Fe Ti Ne
    Ni Fe Ti Se

That, the fact that I'm also extremely F, and observations of other X types I know makes me also think that the more Xs you have, the more pronounced your other preferences are going to be.