User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does your employer use MBTI?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • We've taken the assessment, conducted workshops, and/or know what each others Type is

2 8.00%
  • We have the MBTI assessment available to us but it is not of significant focus

1 4.00%
  • My employer doesn't use MBTI nor does anyone talk about it

19 76.00%
  • Other - please explain

3 12.00%
First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Six years ago, one of my peers suggested doing a team building session where everyone took the assessment and then stood up and talked about their type and their results. HR also did a presentation as part of this. It was fun to play dumb on the topic and I must say, I was riveted to what everyone was saying about their results.

Not sure if this is bad or not, but I didn't want to share what I know because of the perceptions it might leave people with.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Iíve never known an employer to give a fig about the mbti or any other typology. Some popular career books seem to give the impression that interviewers would actually like to hear about your personality type, but thatís never been my experience.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the caseóthen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. ĖThomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    Iíve never known an employer to give a fig about the mbti or any other typology. Some popular career books seem to give the impression that interviewers would actually like to hear about your personality type, but thatís never been my experience.

I'd think an experienced hiring manager is probably able to discern aspects about your personality based on your responses to your questions. It would be discriminating to outright ask 'what's your type?', don't you think?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post

My former job offered the class to us as a softskills class. You take it once you begin to manage others.
    This is the only time I've ever encountered it professionally as well.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Six years ago, one of my peers suggested doing a team building session where everyone took the assessment and then stood up and talked about their type and their results. HR also did a presentation as part of this. It was fun to play dumb on the topic and I must say, I was riveted to what everyone was saying about their results.

Not sure if this is bad or not, but I didn't want to share what I know because of the perceptions it might leave people with.

Oh I would so be playing dumb as well. How fascinating to see a group discovering this.

The only time I even hear about it is from people in psychology professions or people majoring in it. Again, I like to play dumb about it or say that I've heard of it but don't really know what it is. I've never told anyone outside of immediate family my type either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is the only time I've ever encountered it professionally as well.

Oh I would so be playing dumb as well. How fascinating to see a group discovering this.

The only time I even hear about it is from people in psychology professions or people majoring in it. Again, I like to play dumb about it or say that I've heard of it but don't really know what it is. I've never told anyone outside of immediate family my type either.
    I've played dumb too.....but eventually I'll do or say something to show that I know too much about it.

I have a social worker friend, and I could tell that he was the intuitive (INFJ) type...he was surprised that I knew what it was. In his words, 'laymen' don't usually know about it.