User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does your employer use MBTI?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • We've taken the assessment, conducted workshops, and/or know what each others Type is

    2 8.00%
  • We have the MBTI assessment available to us but it is not of significant focus

    1 4.00%
  • My employer doesn't use MBTI nor does anyone talk about it

    19 76.00%
  • Other - please explain

    3 12.00%
First 12

Results 11 to 15 of 15

  1. #11
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,905

    Default

    Six years ago, one of my peers suggested doing a team building session where everyone took the assessment and then stood up and talked about their type and their results. HR also did a presentation as part of this. It was fun to play dumb on the topic and I must say, I was riveted to what everyone was saying about their results.

    Not sure if this is bad or not, but I didn't want to share what I know because of the perceptions it might leave people with.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #12
    Senior Member evilrobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Iíve never known an employer to give a fig about the mbti or any other typology. Some popular career books seem to give the impression that interviewers would actually like to hear about your personality type, but thatís never been my experience.
    X___________________________________

    If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the caseóthen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. ĖThomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

  3. #13
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    Iíve never known an employer to give a fig about the mbti or any other typology. Some popular career books seem to give the impression that interviewers would actually like to hear about your personality type, but thatís never been my experience.

    I'd think an experienced hiring manager is probably able to discern aspects about your personality based on your responses to your questions. It would be discriminating to outright ask 'what's your type?', don't you think?

  4. #14
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post

    My former job offered the class to us as a softskills class. You take it once you begin to manage others.
    This is the only time I've ever encountered it professionally as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Six years ago, one of my peers suggested doing a team building session where everyone took the assessment and then stood up and talked about their type and their results. HR also did a presentation as part of this. It was fun to play dumb on the topic and I must say, I was riveted to what everyone was saying about their results.

    Not sure if this is bad or not, but I didn't want to share what I know because of the perceptions it might leave people with.

    Oh I would so be playing dumb as well. How fascinating to see a group discovering this.

    The only time I even hear about it is from people in psychology professions or people majoring in it. Again, I like to play dumb about it or say that I've heard of it but don't really know what it is. I've never told anyone outside of immediate family my type either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  5. #15
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is the only time I've ever encountered it professionally as well.




    Oh I would so be playing dumb as well. How fascinating to see a group discovering this.

    The only time I even hear about it is from people in psychology professions or people majoring in it. Again, I like to play dumb about it or say that I've heard of it but don't really know what it is. I've never told anyone outside of immediate family my type either.
    I've played dumb too.....but eventually I'll do or say something to show that I know too much about it.

    I have a social worker friend, and I could tell that he was the intuitive (INFJ) type...he was surprised that I knew what it was. In his words, 'laymen' don't usually know about it.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you deal with getting proselytized to at your place of employment?
    By SurrealisticSlumbers in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-14-2017, 06:30 PM
  2. [Jung] Type those at your place of work
    By The Wailing Specter in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2016, 09:49 AM
  3. Is MBTI type (or part of it) genetic?
    By Macabre in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
  4. Is MBTI useful?
    By musicheck in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 11:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO