• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Duality All It's Cracked Up to Be? Share.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Duality is brilliant. Everything you say is understood by your partner, and vice versa; in effect, communication is the most ideal it could possibly be. On top of this, the chemistry between you both is fantastic. You share exactly the same values, and so how you want to live lo and behold they want to live to, which means you live exactly the way you want to, no stress. Also, whenever they have an issue, it's no problem to you, because you're equipped with exactly what they need and want in terms of help. The same goes for you when you've got a problem.

Personally, I was like Zooey Deschanel from 500 Days of Summer until I met my dual. I thought love was a myth

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You would probably have better luck asking this on a socionics forum, you would get some real answers there. This thread will inevitably turn into a socionics vs MBTI debate, just simply due to people's biases and not researching it and not being willing to understand it.

ESFP? I think I might gag.

You're probably LII in socionics, which would mean it would be ESFJ. Even then, when an INTP hears ESFJ they cringe after reading about MBTI and opposites in this system, so I don't blame you if you don't believe it.

I agree with what Ezra says. Duals are pretty awesome.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
You would probably have better luck asking this on a socionics forum, you would get some real answers there. This thread will inevitably turn into a socionics vs MBTI debate, just simply due to people's biases and not researching it and not being willing to understand it.

I really don't get the difference between the two, and the temperaments and all that. I mean, other than that the cognitive patterns are a little different, aren't they just focusing on different aspects of the same theory?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ictory is mine!

It works.
All you gotta do is BELIEVE!
Over_the_rainbow.gif

Seriously though. BlackCat is right.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really don't get the difference between the two, and the temperaments and all that. I mean, other than that the cognitive patterns are a little different, aren't they just focusing on different aspects of the same theory?

Well the cognitive processes aren't as based on Jung, a lot of them have been reworked. But it's basically that. But they should be treated as two different theories that describe the same thing.

I mean, it's just about perception bias. On here, an INTP/LII/INTj (socionics) would gag at the sound of being with an ESFJ. A socionics enthusiast, however, would be overjoyed at the thought of meeting ESFJs and interacting with them. It's just about your perception.

It works.
All you gotta do is BELIEVE!
Over_the_rainbow.gif

Seriously though. BlackCat is right.

Thanks. :)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Please, do tell us about your outstanding long term relationship with an ESTP.

She was a sky-diving con artist and I enjoyed reading my poetry to the half-dead at the local nursing home. Unfortunately it ended when she gave me a nasty look for staring at her from across a few tables at a coffee house not too far from my own place (my mom's actually, but I still live there).

any female ESTPs interested in an INFP male btw?

Fecal McAngry

Wanted to hear some accounts of what being with your dual is like. Was it the most compatible you've felt with someone, or no?

I've never had an LTR with an ESTJ, but I have had working relationships with them, including now. And while we get along with surprisingly little friction, it is very...taxing for me. Especially when I'm not feeling 100%. I either find myself using up excess energy to deal with the extroversion demands, or using up excess energy to insulate myself from her constant STJ extroversion.

Much as I like her, I find it hard to believe I could cope with demands of an ESTJ SO without turning to substance abuse, earplugs, hiding in the closet, etc.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never had an LTR with an ESTJ, but I have had working relationships with them, including now. And while we get along with surprisingly little friction, it is very...taxing for me. Especially when I'm not feeling 100%. I either find myself using up excess energy to deal with the extroversion demands, or using up excess energy to insulate myself from her constant STJ extroversion.

Much as I like her, I find it hard to believe I could cope with demands of an ESTJ SO without turning to substance abuse, earplugs, hiding in the closet, etc.

If you're an INFP, your dual is ESTP, not ESTJ.

In socionics the type that shares only your last letter but not the first three is your "relationship of duality."

The type that differs on all four letters is called your "conflicting relationship."