First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jackandthebeast View Post
    How does it compare to this notion of compatibility though(?): http://www.personalitypage.com/relationships.html
    Fundamentally I think the same foundation is there. It just so happens that my girl is IEI and an INFP (although she doesn't at all relate to the description of the INFP), and I'm an SLE and ENTJ, which means we're compatible in MBTI - ENTJ/INFP - and socionics; we're duals.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You would probably have better luck asking this on a socionics forum, you would get some real answers there.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    If you're an INFP, your dual is ESTP, not ESTJ.

In socionics the type that shares only your last letter but not the first three is your "relationship of duality."

The type that differs on all four letters is called your "conflicting relationship."
    Ehhhhh. Try not to apply socionics concepts to MBTI; it doesn't really work. For example, I get varying results as ESTJ, ENTJ and whatever. But I'm an SLE. My dual is IEI. Said dual could in MBTI be "a bit more J" and thus be an INFJ. Or they could still be an INFP. Just because you type as SEI in socionics doesn't mean you're definitely ISFP in MBTI (nor does it necessarily mean you're an ISFJ who has done "the j/p flip). It's possible - even likely, but it isn't necessity.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

I was just wondering about the duality thing because if you're borderline on J and P, your dual would also be your conflicting relation.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was just wondering about the duality thing because if you're borderline on J and P, your dual would also be your conflicting relation.
    There's no way to be totally borderline on J and P. You can't be an X.

In socionics, if someone was, say, an INFx, that would mean that they value 2 totally different sets of functions, and would also be in 2 completely opposing quadras at the same time.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'm all for duality. Bring me an ENTp please.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Why would INFP = INFj? The functions in socionics aren't really related to what Jung put. They just basically took the names and letters and made another system. Most INFPs are INFp. If you read the quadra descriptions, then you would probably not agree with Delta.
    Yeah, I'm INFp/IEI in socionics, which is Ni Fe. I try not to let it make my head hurt.

Funny thing is, I've gotten along smashingly with ESTPs, off the bat. Then it turns ugly....occasionally, really ugly.

My ex-business partner is ESTP. If she got ran over by a truck, I'd throw a party .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yeah, I'm INFp/IEI in socionics, which is Ni Fe. I try not to let it make my head hurt.

Funny thing is, I've gotten along smashingly with ESTPs, off the bat. Then it turns ugly....occasionally, really ugly.

My ex-business partner is ESTP. If she got ran over by a truck, I'd throw a party .
    I am pretty sure that is normal. You just need to be tamed by the right one, victim.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    I am pretty sure that is normal. You just need to be tamed by the right one, victim.
    I'm pretty sure that ESTP came out a bit bruised also. Their mistake is thinking I am a victim .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm a socionics INFj so my duality would be ESTj. I think my younger brother might be an ESTj, but I'm going to have to read up on the description. When we are just hanging out we get along like milk and cookies. If we are actually trying to accomplish something we get along like a Type A executive dragging a sulking toddler through nettle field on his leg.

FWIW, I have a very happy, affectionate relationship with my husband who is an INTj. Some of the Look-a-like description fits us very well, this does, at least:
    Look-a-like partners do not feel any danger from the other partner. The strong sides of the partners are different in the such a way that almost any conversations between them always fall into the area of the confidence of only one of the partners. Look-a-like partners also have similar problems which makes them feel rather sympathetic towards each other instead of being critical of each other's vulnerabilities.

Understanding between partners is usually good. Collaboration between them may be very fruitful especially if partners feel a mutual attraction.

Arguments in Look-a-like relations are not common practice. The partners usually try to help each other, or at least feel when their partner requires some form of assistance. However, in many cases the help is not effective enough because partners have similar problems.

These relations can normally bring a feeling of satisfaction from interaction with an equal and not boring partner.

OTOH, we haven't really experienced a lot of:
    When partners loose their feeling of sympathy for each other through anger or any other reason, they can apply pressure to their partner's vulnerabilities. This can sometimes be really unexpected and unpleasant for both partners.

It would be out of bounds for us to do something like that. We try to be fair with each other.

And I'm not sure exactly what this means:
    Partners do not have anything against each other but also nothing for which to struggle.

I mean, life is a struggle -- raising the kids, paying the bills, fixing stuff that breaks, etc but we don't really struggle a lot with one another. We did a little more of that early on but we have most of those conflicts pretty well smoothed out, at least for the last several years.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

There's no way to be totally borderline on J and P. You can't be an X.

In socionics, if someone was, say, an INFx, that would mean that they value 2 totally different sets of functions, and would also be in 2 completely opposing quadras at the same time.
    And why isn't that possible?

I'd like to hear the arguments against that notion, as I've been wanting to write a thread promoting it but don't understand what other people's reservations are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

And why isn't that possible?

I'd like to hear the arguments against that notion, as I've been wanting to write a thread promoting it but don't understand what other people's reservations are.
    J/P determines your function projection strongly. For instance:

INFP = Fi, Ne, Si, Te
    INFJ = Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

whereas:

INFP = Fi, Ne, Si, Te
    ISFP = Fi, Se, Ni, Te

if you're INFx (x representing 50/50 ambiguity) you're basically contradicting your type entirely. The 'x' isn't saying "well I'm not sure if I prefer spontaneity to planning", it's saying, "don't pay attention to the first three letters because they don't matter now anyway." P and J seals the deal more than any other letter (if you're following the rules, anyway).