User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    why does it suck? Why is it a bunch of crap? I've never heard an accurate reason. Most people who make these judgments aren't educated in both systems to fairly compare them.
    The tests and related literature are extremely poorly written, the tests are full of questions which do not properly differentiate re: that which they are supposed to differentiate, the "system" itself seems a hokey mix of MBTI and astrologoid pseudoscience.

Do you:

1) Deny monkeys who supported legislation for pickles

OR

2) Fear gerbils, except toast

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    The tests and related literature are extremely poorly written, the tests are full of questions which do not properly differentiate re: that which they are supposed to differentiate, the "system" itself seems a hokey mix of MBTI and astrologoid pseudoscience.

Do you:

1) Deny monkeys who supported legislation for pickles

OR

2) Fear gerbils, except toast
    The tests aren't really affiliated with the system... it's not like the makers of the system made those crappy tests. I've seen them... they're crappy. The same can be said about the MBTI tests that are crappy, like the ~8 question one on facebook that people were complaining about on here a while ago.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

The tests aren't really affiliated with the system... it's not like the makers of the system made those crappy tests. I've seen them... they're crappy. The same can be said about the MBTI tests that are crappy, like the ~8 question one on facebook that people were complaining about on here a while ago.
    Feel free to send me to some links you feel represent the system better...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Feel free to send me to some links you feel represent the system better...
    Wikisocion - Socionics Wiki - ????????? ???? <- basic resource, unreliable function definitions. They honestly would probably just confuse you, their Si definitions are awful. Below link has better function definitions. Everything else appears to be good.
    Main Page - WSWiki <- probably has the best type descriptions, but they aren't all done. It's a work in progress. IEI/INFp is there though.
    the16types.info Socionics Forums - A forum about Socionics <- has a lot of good information posted if you can find it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Why would INFP = INFj? The functions in socionics aren't really related to what Jung put. They just basically took the names and letters and made another system. Most INFPs are INFp. If you read the quadra descriptions, then you would probably not agree with Delta.

And you people just think socionics sucks because you are uneducated. Seriously. If you just researched it you would understand it. It's very different and hard to understand due to MBTI at first... but yep. It's good when you get there.

And watch for it, people are going to challenge me and say it's invalid. While I've been using it very successfully for about 6 months... haha. It works.

Here's a question- why does it suck? Why is it a bunch of crap? I've never heard an accurate reason. Most people who make these judgments aren't educated in both systems to fairly compare them.
    I've read a few times on various forums that you switch out the P with the J to get the Socionics equivalent for the Introverts and was hoping someone could explain why people believe this to me. I will be clearer next time in what I mean; it was implied instead of directly stated.

Also, I never said I thought Socionics sucked. I made no statements about how I feel towards Socionics other than what my results were. I actually really like the system.

Please don't assume I feel the same as the poster in front of me. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me or if what I said was unclear or not the best way to convey what I meant.

EDIT: I actually did say I thought you switch the letters. Agh sorry. This is what I assumed was the general consensus from reading other opinions on forums. I've heard conflicting things. 1. You switch the P/J for introverts and 2. MBTI has no real equivalent to Socionics. I'm guessing it's more of the 2.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    I've read a few times on various forums that you switch out the P with the J to get the Socionics equivalent and was hoping someone could explain why people believe this to me. I didn't ever say I believed this (and I don't). I will be clearer next time in what I mean; it was implied instead of directly stated.

Also, I never said I thought Socionics sucked. I made no statements about how I feel towards Socionics other than what my results were. I actually really like the system.

Please don't assume I feel the same as the poster in front of me. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me or if what I said was unclear or not the best way to convey what I meant.
    Oh I didn't mean that, I was mainly directing that tone toward Fecal that said that it sucked. I wasn't really being aggro to you, sorry if I came off that way. It was mainly my first paragraph that was directed at you. And I apologise for my lack to tact, I'm aware of it.

And it is a common misconception. Most people think that you switch J and P for the introverts, but that usually only works for the INT types. It varies for the other introverts; but most commonly it's for the INTs.

Here is a quote from a sticky on that socionics forum I linked; it's about common misconceptions. Just some food for thought.

1) If you have arrived here after already finding your type in Myers-Briggs, especially if through a MBTI test, do not assume that your Socionics type, as defined by Socionics theory, corresponds to the MBTI you have found for yourself. You should look at your Socionics type from scratch.

2) Socionics types are not related to MBTI through a J/P switch for introverts. That works only if you are defining types according to ego functional ordering and assuming that Socionics functions = MBTI functions. That is however not helpful to find your true type, either in Socionics or MBTI.

4) Socionics - like Myers-Briggs - has Carl Jung's Psychological Types as its starting point. It is definitely useful to read Jung's writings on that. However, Jung's types and functions are not the "true" Socionics types and functions. It makes no sense to argue Socionics from a purely Jungian standpoint. It's necessary to understand Socionics functions also independently from Jung.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Oh I didn't mean that, I was mainly directing that tone toward Fecal that said that it sucked. I wasn't really being aggro to you, sorry if I came off that way. It was mainly my first paragraph that was directed at you. And I apologise for my lack to tact, I'm aware of it.

And it is a common misconception. Most people think that you switch J and P for the introverts, but that usually only works for the INT types. It varies for the other introverts; but most commonly it's for the INTs.
    It's okay. I went back and looked at my original post, and I did say
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    I thought MBTI INFP was supposed to = INFj in Socionics.
    so what I said implies that I believe the system works that way. I worded it inappropriately. I'm sorry about that.

Thanks for the help

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, in many ways I must say yes. All my closest friends and all my girlfriends have been ISFJs so far. Obviously it didn't always go well (with the gilrfriend-s, otherwise the plural wouldn't be necessary), however right not it is, and even with the previous ones we didn't break up on the grounds of incompatible personality.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

In suckionics, I'm an INFJ, no?
    I dunno, maybe. Apparently some INFPs come out INFj and others are INFp.

I can't remember how the labeling works; I just remember the "dual" translating into the MBTI type that shares your last letter only (in MBTI terms.) So yours is ESTP.

And yeah, we can see how well that relationship worked out for Kurt and Courtney.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

ST sure. eSTj? doubtful.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com