User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default How did you decide upon your type?

I never tire of hearing why people have assumed their type.

Give me a list of traits, tell me you took a test, share the functions you use, I just want to know your experience.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I spent about 2.5 years analyzing the shit out of MBTI and overanalyzing myself, then finally decided INTP is the only type that makes any sense for me.

It was a silly journey.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I spent about 2.5 years analyzing the shit out of MBTI and overanalyzing myself, then finally decided INTP is the only type that makes any sense for me.

It was a silly journey.
    But pretty typical for INTPs don't you think? In our research on spirituality, the ones who'd undertaken the journey had all read the Bible, Koran, etc., at least once, saying how could you make up your mind what you believe unless you know all the options...

Determining my best fit type: I took the MBTI in a workshop setting, but before getting my results, as the ethics provide I was introduced to the theory through lecture, activities and self-selection of the preferences. I self-selected INFJ but the Indicator results showed INFP. The facilitator walked me through the interpretation process and we determined that I am so J that I'm always able to be spontaneous because everything is done I then read several type descriptions and determined that INFJ fit me well. Later work on type development confirmed this; i can see Ni first and Fe during adolescence. Both T functions come as skill sets learned through both formal writing training and an MBA in finance. S...well it's my nemesis as in losing things/not seeing what's right in front of me/missing details...but it's also the greatest source of rest and richness.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INTJ

I took the test in college and at the start of work, and I typed out what I am. It wasn't until 18 or so months ago when I actually sat and started reading what it meant that I knew for sure that this is my type.

Hard to pin-point exactly what made me finally decide, but I can remember this page playing a big part: Tertiary Temptation
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The way I found out my type?
    My brother read a book on reading people's MBTI type.
    My brother typed me as an INTJ.
    My brother gave me the book. I read it.
    I typed myself as an INTJ.
    I took a number of online tests afterwards. Still, most of my results were INTJ.

The book:

Allows a person to read another person's MBTI type quickly within seconds of meeting them. And teaches you how to communicate to them for best interaction.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    The book:

Allows a person to read another person's MBTI type quickly within seconds of meeting them.
    Great, thanks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

When I learned about the Interaction Styles model, and structure/motive, INTP seemed to most closely match my APS temperament, and then when I read the profiles again in that light (especially Paul James), it really fit (before then, I saw a lot of potential Forer effects in several types, and couldn't decide on one). I then had a bit of a problem with an influential "folk typologist" insisting I was ENFP, for stupid reasons (and then some did here as well when I first joined), and this prompted me to buy the books on the processes and learn as much of it on the 'advanced" level as I could, and it all the more showed that INTP fit better.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I typed myself, just doing my own research.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I first tested as INFP, and didn't really think of anything else When I read about INFPs I didn't really relate at all, and I never understood any of INFPs on the internet and thought that they always worried about useless shit. Then I realized that Ne and Si just didn't fit me, read more into the temperaments etc, and came to ISFP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)