User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INTJ

Testing and comparing myself to the descriptions. I'm always INTJ borderline INTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I took a short MBTI test in a book at age 17 and scored INTP. It upset me....I thought, "I am not a monster!". But I couldn't see myself as "F" because "Feeling" was described as being warm, friendly, making decisions based on emotion, etc, and that's not how I am. The description of the INFP was too fuzzy wuzzy, and I could see myself a bit in INTP, but it sounded so robotic & nerdy. So I wrote off MBTI as being about as valid as astrology ("Only 16 personalities? How stupid!").

Years later I'd take MBTI tests online out of boredom, and I sometimes scored INFP and INFJ. When I read those descriptions, they really hit home. I didn't put much interest into MBTI yet though....but I kept taking tests here & there & tested INxP most of the time, still sometimes INFJ.

I started to wonder exactly which type I was - so I headed over to INFPgc and saw myself in the writing style of some of the people, whereas browsing at INTP central & the INFJ forum left me cold. Finally, reading descriptions of Ti and Fi cemented I was Fi-dom, and I identified as INFP from then on. Plus, once I saw what Fe was, I was like, "oooh no - not me".

The more I continued to learn about MBTI & Jung's theory, the more sure I was of being INFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I've taken the test several times, the actual legit test as well as internet tests to 'check up' but every time...ENTP...I really see myself as a INFP, but that could be because my life has fallen into turmoil, and usually personalities reverse when in such turmoil.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and take the liberty of answering for about 25% of people on TypoC:

"I figured ISFJ was too boring so I picked something else."
    That's it. ISFJ here.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I threw darts at a piece of paper and it said ENFP and then I carried it around with me and said "does this sound like me?" to everyone I know and they said "yeah, sure."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have come out ENFP every time I taken a test on this and the description pretty much nails it. Sometimes I say I am going to go read through all the descriptions and try to compare myself to each one just to make sure there isn't a better fit but I haven't really gotten around to it yet.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

You are asking as if the process of defining my MBTI type was like buying a new dress.

I discovered myself being an ISTJ when my actual Psychiatrist handed me a MBTI test, because the former one´s diagnose was a personality disorder. The test result was ISTJ, and at that time I just had some of its "negative" traits highly developed (he explained) I´m not suffering from any personality disorder.

Since then, as he suggested, I started studying MBTI just to accept myself and help other people to deal with me.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I did few tests 1-2 years ago where I had absolutely no clue about MBTI and the functions etc., plus the tests were more "ideal job direction" orientated I believe. I scored back then as INTP or INTJ; though I wasn't always honest to myself when answering questions, and had wrong image of the different functions which influenced my answering. I had also a different image of myself back then, which was more orientated on my outward behaviour and not on what is in my inner.

Now, some months ago I somehow found back to those MBTI tests and scored as INFP. I started to read profiles of the types and slowly was reading a bit into the functions. I registered on this forum here and asked people to type me and INFP seemed to be the best fit together with the profiles, so I decided on me being INFP. After that it seemed so clear to me, and I felt like I (re)discovered some things about me which underline this.

Of course, from time to time I ask myself whether it would be possible that it is a different type (for example when remembering about my childhood), but I come always to the conclusion that INFP probably fits best.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I first thought I was INTP and tested as such. Then I realized, wait a minute, I actually like parties and going out and being around people etc. I just don't do it too much because I'm shy. Then I took a test based on those revised assumptions and came up ENTP.

Then when I grew more interested in MBTI typology I spent a good deal of time examining myself to see if maybe I wasn't being entirely honest with myself about my type, and eventually concluded that I indeed am an ENTP and nothing but an ENTP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ

I only found out about the MBTI because I was interested in Helen Fisher's book (Why him Why her), and found that it was.....erm.... very lame in comparison to the MBTI .... I did some online tests and almost always came out as INFP, sometimes INFJ...... it really helped me to be around this forum....and to get to know the functions, and how they work together in a type, and after a while I HAD to conclude that I am definitively very INFJ, undeniably Ni and so not Ne .... when I didn't know much I didn't want to be an INFJ because for some reason I thought they were less cool ..... Studying the system more and more, also in comparison to people IRL I find that people are really not "better" because of their type....took me a while, but I found this relieving.... it still works somehow and explains lots of things, but leaves as many things open...... and I like seeing so many stereotypes invalidated :P......like all the bright sensors I have in my life or the empathetic thinkers and stuff like these... sorry for rambling....