First 34567 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Upon seeing my reflection in the mirror.
    Hot damn, I am human after all.
    What about the whiskers?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What about the whiskers?
    Shaved.

MBTI
    STP

Test pinned me as ISTP/INTP. Headed over to INTP and here. Noticed a distinct difference in analysis over at INTP. Read more and settled on ISTP. Wife read ISTP profile and said it was kinda like reading a high level biography of me.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i took a free test online (i think similarminds) for the first time when i was about 14. i tested as ENXP, and went back and forth between the two before i decided on ENFP. i forgot about mbti for a while, and then retook it and realized that i was in denial about being an introvert. i was answering questions as an extrovert because that's how i'd rather be, but not how i really am. i also think i mistook feeling for Fe (which isn't my strong point) over Fi, which is why i thought i could be a T (i'm definitely not).

Phantonym

I took a test, read the description, reached Jesus and LOL'd. A couple of months later I found out they were being serious. I haven't decided on anything yet. Meh...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i took a free test online (i think similarminds) for the first time when i was about 14. i tested as ENXP, and went back and forth between the two before i decided on ENFP. i forgot about mbti for a while, and then retook it and realized that i was in denial about being an introvert. i was answering questions as an extrovert because that's how i'd rather be, but not how i really am. i also think i mistook feeling for Fe (which isn't my strong point) over Fi, which is why i thought i could be a T (i'm definitely not).
    I had a similar experience, but flipped.

I always assumed I was an introvert.

Not being a social butterfly or loving everyone you meet does not an introvert make.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Lots of typology tests and a general interest in why my mother and I often clash pretty spectacularly (she's ENFJ). We both instantly typed me as INTJ by reading the descriptions, though I occasionally test as ISTJ online because the intuitive/sensing questions can throw me off in that I don't go for hunches at all unless they have some grounding in logic or reason, but the questions aren't usually phrased in such a manner...

We've definitely been able to get along more harmoniously now that she understands my general lack of emotion and tendency to avoid outward expression of feelings, and I've tried to compensate to appeal to her strong NFness as well, but it still makes for interesting differences in opinion and the occasional logic vs. emotion argument. She still calls me an alien, but more fondly, now. :P

garbage

I approached this from pretty much every possible angle, but the main indicators were:
    • I prefer the Te approach over Ti, to the point of thinking myself to be Te-dominant for a pretty long time.
    • I identify with many of the other ENFPs on the forum over every other type.
    • I'm a definite ENFP in the more robust Socionics system.
    • I thought that many T descriptions or answers to test questions were insensitive views.. it's safe to say that I really didn't identify with them.
    • Another look at my own motivations through the lens of the type made pretty good sense.

Things that threw me off or aren't stereotypical:
    • I've got some propensity and skill for logical analysis. I'm often told that I come across as NT.
    • I was withdrawn early on, due to my own hypersensitivity.
    • I didn't even conceive that I could be a feeling type.
    • I identified with pretty much every description in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    and I could start to really think about "what made me, feel like a happy me".
    Basically, this in general. I just found the mindset that made me the happiest and stuck with it.

With the logic craze gone, I realized that in actuality, I have very "F" behavior. I'm expressive, I'm "invested" (in ways that the T's are often detached)
    And this specifically. "Invested" is a pretty good word to use.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    haha...i think my experience was the opposite kinda. i think i somehow associate certain typically extroverted behaviors as annoying and dislike them about myself...i tested infp at first....but being really honest with myself...i couldn't be anything other than enfp.

i'm okay with it though...i realized i had some wrong ideas of what being an extravert means.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

deleted

I said to myself I am INTJ, then I looked online to find out what INTJ is.