User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you decide upon your type?

The ghost of Carl Jung came to me in a dream and said "You are ISFPeeeeyeyeyeee!" (in a ghost voice).
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    what was on the opposite side? INFJ I guess?

Pumpernickel Array

Hhhmmm I took the MBTI test on facebook many years ago and scored ESTJ and I didnt really think much of it at all. Then somebody sent me a test a few years after that and I scored ENTJ and that description actually hit home so I got inspired to study that shit.

I took a paper test at Uni, then about 18 months latera formal test, then another formal test later still... etc... Always tested ENTP...with the exception in one job where I think I was borderline J.... cos I was learning a while new set of skills.

I think ENTP suits my personality very well, it reflects my actual self I think.

my former boss sees me very much as a mad creative type... and use to delight in finding articles about how creativity is close to insanity... hmmm wasn't so pleased with that bit - ah hes an ENTJ, so sees himeself as totally uncreative

Nickle Iron Silicone Array Charmed Justice's Avatar

Took the MBTI in high school and college.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

I took a test and it always came out INTP. Then I found that online most INTP's found me too J, and most INTJ's find me too P, and likewise IRL P's find me too stressed and J's find me too disorganized.

Sooo I just walked away from them satisfied at my well roundedness and thought "who cares" about resolving that one.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

This is why I chose to call myself EnxP:

- The most test I have done say I'm ENFP, ENTP, ESTP or ESFP.
    - People who know me very well, see me as an ENTP.
    - People who don't know me that well, see me as an INFP or as an ESFP (depends on the person).
    - The first impression people have of me, is or INTJ or ESFP (strange, huh?).
    - I can identify most with ESTPs.
    - People on this forum typed me as an ENFP.
    - I'm too bad at sports and too imaginative to be an N.
    - Hanging around on this forum is more of an N-thing than an S-thing.
    - That leaves EnxP.

I still don't know for sure what type I am. Maybe I should try that video thing.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

4 so/sp

Took kinda a while.

Tested as INTJ in my early 20's, and related very much to the INTJ profiles. Never considered 'F' because I tended to always be outwardly unemotional/calm, couldn't relate much at all to emotional theatrics/drama, hated poetry (lol), and didn't consider myself an overly senitimental/mushy person, and considered myself a pretty even-keeled, rational, sensible person (I'm not saying any of those things should be tied to 'F', but back then I associated those things with F).

By mid-20's I became in touch with my emotions, though, and did a lot of self-analysis, and realized I was in fact a pretty emotional person, and also realized I was, and always had been, pretty into diplomacy, getting along with others, building on connections, etc etc. That's when I started being open to the possibility of being an F, and really gave those types a chance.

The INxJ has always been pretty clear...however, when I joined this forum for maybe a year I was all confused when I started thinking/overanalyzing about cognitive functions, and for a bit I was considering the possibility of me being a P. I eventually snapped out of that phase, though, and have fully embraced the J. Reality: I'm so not a P.

INFJ makes the most sense, taking all theories into consideration and also taking mbti with a good dose of salt. But, I don't think I'm a super strong F as those things if I were to compare myself to one of my INFJ friends who is super-F.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

The E and P are rather obvious to everyone somehow I'm apparently the epitome of P-ness and have been used as an example by people for psych projects as an extrovert...

I always test as a T, and those I know in real life actually would attest that it is an accurate description (and worse yet, strong feelers confuse me and leave me with a feeling of inadequacy- especially that damned, confusing Fi!)- it's on the Ti side though, Analysis is cool, plotting global takeover clashes with the P

My Fe is totally tertiary, in the most evil and twisted sense of the word... it would be nice if it wasn't in a way, but I don't let it bother me too much

this leaves the result as ExTP... I tend to test ENTP or ExTP, and as some Ns and their superiority complex have gotten on my nerves I'm sticking with the x for the time being
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

I was given a copy of Keirsey's "Please Understand Me" when I was in high school, and tested as (and associated with the descriptions of) an INTP. Over the years I've sort of wandered back and forth on the INTP/INFP divide (yeah, I don't hold with the function order theory), but over all INTP still fits. Especially the IP, only a little less so N, quite a bit less so T.