• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Phenotypology

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't really understand what this is trying to do.

Phenotypology is looking at a person's phenotype to figure out the genotype that gives way to their personality?

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I don't really understand what this is trying to do.

Phenotypology is looking at a person's phenotype to figure out the genotype that gives way to their personality?

Yeah, basically, as I understood, they look at the person's physical qualities to understand their personality and make better connection with the person. Socionics is also somewhat based on those beliefs.
I couldn't really google it in English, that's why I asked if anyone knew it here.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
L-CONTACT

Seems pretty good stuff, if it's true. Has anyone here heard more about it?

Interesting to a dgree. I must however play devil's advocate:
--------------------------------------------------------
If an individual underwent plastic surgery to change their facial characteristics, that could have a significant capability in thwarting the efforts of phenotypolgists that try to understand them. :devil:

Also, individuals with a given phenotype might not develop their physical traits fully, especially if they are impoverished and subjected to poor nutrition during their formative years. :devil:

Finally, this science goes against one of my core personal beliefs:
"Never judge a book by its cover."

If you make many guesses about me, be careful. I wouldn't wager a whole lot, because I will surprise you. Most other people will too. You can bet on that. :newwink: