• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The INTPCentral Question

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I disagree (with the wanting to fit in, not with the anti-non-INTP sentiment), I think most of them think they are INTP. A lazy INTJ, an antisocial/shy ENTP, or a smart ISTP, or just a confused person might test as INTP. (Disclaimer: I'm not necessary saying that INTJs are not lazy, that ISTPs are not smart, or that INTPs are lazy or smart...etc)

I thought I was INTP for the time I was there. INTP often seems to be accepted as a description by people who feel misunderstood and underappreciated, even those who aren't necessarily INTPs.

For a while I wondered if I was one of those "lazy INTJs that are mistyped as INTPs," But after reading a bit more into the differences between Ti and Te and Ni and Ne and how tertiary Si and Fi express themselves I have become pretty sure I am an INTP, with the things that made me seem somewhat INTJ being from my Asperger's Syndrome and my OCD.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I introduced myself as an ISFP on INTPc about two months ago. People would ask me questions like... "are you a fashion victim?" and "do you like to cook?" I could tell that some of the comments were playful, but others are just $*&%#. Someone joked about me giving another member fashion tips, and in exchange, I would be taught how to think :huh:! It was fun to play along with them at first, but then I felt like no one would take me seriously. I got really sick of being stereotyped :(.

My mother is an ISFJ, bit you wouldn't know it based on the negative BS spewed about xSFJs on INTPc. Partially I think that this is possibly because the people who write type descriptions tend to be Ns and thus there is quite definitely an element of N chauvinism in the various type descriptions on the web. ISFJs are usually described as close-minded, moralistic conservatives, but my mom is quite liberal and open minded, her ISFJ-ness is seen mainly in her behavior (she is a bit of a neat freak, is big on people using proper manners, and hates callous, indifferent attitudes. for example).

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm. Sounds familiar. I got that song-and-dance too. Pay it no mind. After all, since I'm the Devil-Apparent, and I happen to like you (which I do! :)), I can manipulate then smite a few souls on your behalf. You know. Damnation and all. :D :devil: It's a typical day's work, my dear!

i don't recall anyone picking on you. did i miss something?

and, by that i mean, what did i miss exactly?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i don't recall anyone picking on you. did i miss something?

and, by that i mean, what did i miss exactly?

*tiredly* Ah geez, it was this one thread that made me weary all over. Some guy going off about "immature ENFJs" which in and of itself doesn't rate a blip on my radar. I was wondering what he meant though (it didn't seem clear to me if he was asking for clarification or just looking to grouse) and then it became pretty apparent that HE didn't know what he meant, so the more questions I asked, the bigger the ball of tar got. I realized my error in seeking to extract some coherent sense of what he wanted and just backed out, but not before someone gave me a few inarticulate "my jimmy is bigger than yours" statements that changed the complexion of the thread for me. I got problems with bigots and little boys with computers. Can't change them so I guess I better shift off and mostly lurk. The specific people climbing my back over there seem to have changed their minds, at any rate. Reminded me too much of fist-fighting my way through mechanic's school and I'm not doing that again.

Like I said. Not everyone. Just a few, but the few have been enough for me lately.

In other words, you didn't miss much.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
*tiredly* Ah geez, it was this one thread that made me weary all over. Some guy going off about "immature ENFJs" which in and of itself doesn't rate a blip on my radar. I was wondering what he meant though (it didn't seem clear to me if he was asking for clarification or just looking to grouse) and then it became pretty apparent that HE didn't know what he meant, so the more questions I asked, the bigger the ball of tar got. I realized my error in seeking to extract some coherent sense of what he wanted and just backed out, but not before someone gave me a few inarticulate "my jimmy is bigger than yours" statements that changed the complexion of the thread for me. I got problems with bigots and little boys with computers. Can't change them so I guess I better shift off and mostly lurk. The specific people climbing my back over there seem to have changed their minds, at any rate. Reminded me too much of fist-fighting my way through mechanic's school and I'm not doing that again.

Like I said. Not everyone. Just a few, but the few have been enough for me lately.

In other words, you didn't miss much.

thanks for clarifying.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Usehername

On a mission
My mother is an ISFJ, bit you wouldn't know it based on the negative BS spewed about xSFJs on INTPc. Partially I think that this is possibly because the people who write type descriptions tend to be Ns and thus there is quite definitely an element of N chauvinism in the various type descriptions on the web. ISFJs are usually described as close-minded, moralistic conservatives, but my mom is quite liberal and open minded, her ISFJ-ness is seen mainly in her behavior (she is a bit of a neat freak, is big on people using proper manners, and hates callous, indifferent attitudes. for example).

I have an ISFJ friend and aunt like your mom.

I have a mom like the bad stereotype.