First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Because there is some anti non INTP sentiment there and people generally just want to fit in so it's easy for them to imagine they are a type that they really aren't.
    So I've noticed.

Edit: I want to say that I've met some truly nice people over there. I'm not castigating the whole site nor the type. But I've REALLY been put to the paces because apparently ENFJs are the devil incarnate. I was stunned. But I left "ENFJ" up so any one can take a shot at me if they want to. I like my friends and potential wranglers out in the open.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

I like to think some people may just be ignorant about MBTI at INTPc, as it the first and biggest MBTI forum many people find.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Because there is some anti non INTP sentiment there and people generally just want to fit in so it's easy for them to imagine they are a type that they really aren't.
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Enneagram
    1w2

Don't forget the depressed ESFJs!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    isxp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    So I've noticed.

Edit: I want to say that I've met some truly nice people over there. I'm not castigating the whole site nor the type. But I've REALLY been put to the paces because apparently ENFJs are the devil incarnate. I was stunned. But I left "ENFJ" up so any one can take a shot at me if they want to. I like my friends and potential wranglers out in the open.
    I introduced myself as an ISFP on INTPc about two months ago. People would ask me questions like... "are you a fashion victim?" and "do you like to cook?" I could tell that some of the comments were playful, but others are just $*&%#. Someone joked about me giving another member fashion tips, and in exchange, I would be taught how to think ! It was fun to play along with them at first, but then I felt like no one would take me seriously. I got really sick of being stereotyped .

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by pocket lint View Post
    I introduced myself as an ISFP on INTPc about two months ago. People would ask me questions like... "are you a fashion victim?" and "do you like to cook?" I could tell that some of the comments were playful, but others are just $*&%#. Someone joked about me giving another member fashion tips, and in exchange, I would be taught how to think ! It was fun to play along at first, but then I got really sick of being stereotyped .
    Hmm. Sounds familiar. I got that song-and-dance too. Pay it no mind. After all, since I'm the Devil-Apparent, and I happen to like you (which I do! ), I can manipulate then smite a few souls on your behalf. You know. Damnation and all. It's a typical day's work, my dear!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Get one type into a place of their own, and they always end up forming an apartheid mentality.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

How could anyone be so mean to you two?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Hey you shouldn't beat up on people just because they're trying to better themselves.

One theory given to me was that many of those who claim to be INTPs are actually ISTPs, though some do seem quite INTJ I guess.

Another thing I found being an INTP9 is that I was little more welcome than someone of a "lesser" type. It seems that unless you're an INTP5 you're just not good enough for some people. Personally I fought this but the wave is inevitable and I eventually gave up to come here.

So far I have few regrets. It's just a shame that the forum supposedly for those of my type seem so hostile to my type. Ho hum such is the form of cliques.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

The ultimate aim of INTPc appears to be self-examination, relative to a distinct MBTI classification.

Although I'm certainly not pardoning rude behavior (to your point, pocket lint), I think immature expressions are indicative of a fringe population and do not symbolize the glut of contrary personalities that interact with etiquette and grace (such that one can on a forum). Still, for what it's worth, I'm sorry you had to deal with such silly behavior.

I'm certain that Typism happens on INTPc - heck, it's happened to me. Yet, I think that those who earnestly believe in the (erroneous) correlation between aptitude and MBTI are probably those whose favor is of little value anyway...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    One theory given to me was that many of those who claim to be INTPs are actually ISTPs
    Based on language usage and interaction style, possibly upwards of 50 percent. INTP forums are social incarnations of Wikipedia, ISTP forums are monkeyhouses, and INTPCentral inclines strongly towards the latter.