• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is N more dramatic than S? (with poll)

Do Intuitives tend to be more dramatic than Sensors?

• Yes

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
I messed up my other thread about the same topic because I forgot to add a poll but I shant make that same mistake again.

My theory is that they definately are more drama causing than S's tend to be. And my support for this lies in how Ns are often talking about mean streaks as though they are a good thing. Am I the only one puzzled by this?

Anyway, looking forward to hearing your responses. :)

Also, hopefully my idea makes sense and holds some validity. This is one of those late at night "Omg, totally!" ideas. :p

heart

heart on fire
No, they all get dramatic over other things. I use those of my inlaws who are S. They love to whip up all sorts drama in real life. I don't have that kind of energy. I make up drama in my head and live it out there.

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
No, they all get dramatic over other things. I use those of my inlaws who are S. They love to whip up all sorts drama in real life. I don't have that kind of energy. I make up drama in my head and live it out there.

What kind of drama do your inlaws wip up? I'm interested to see how it might differ from N type drama. :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

This.

Plus SFs are usully the most dramatic bunch of people out there.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't see a connection. there's plenty of dramatic sensors.

i think EXFX's are probably the most dramatic types, regardless of N/S

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Overall, Ss are more dramatic. But the most dramatic is the ENFJ.

I'm not sure whether I'm saying this in jest or not.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I generally dont like what you americans made of the term dramatic, therefore, gfy

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
@Antisocial one: Meh, see I disagree. And I wish I could say why. But there is totally something logical and concrete that is driving my fever about it . . .I wish I could identify what it is.

Actually no wait what your saying makes perfect sense. Each types are equally dramatic its just that N drama seems more dramatic to me for some reason. And I agree with what you said before hearts, you said "I make up drama in my head and live it out there." Eactly, it's the focus of N drama is more self contained (<-- needs rephrasing but too tired to think of a good synonym) and S is more situational.

Basically I think what I realised is that I discovered major differences between S and N with out realising that's just what it was. :p I'm glad I cleared that up so now I can go to sleep peacefully.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
@Antisocial one: Meh, see I disagree. And I wish I could say why. But there is totally something logical and concrete that is driving my fever about it . . .I wish I could identufy what it is.

Actually no wait what your saying makes perfect sense. Each types are equally dramatic its just that N drama seems more dramatic to me for some reason. And I agree with what you said before hearts, you said "I make up drama in my head and live it out there." Eactly, it's the focus of N drama is more self contained (<-- needs rephrasing but too tired to think of a good synonym) and is more situational.

Basically I think what I realised is that I discovered major differences between S and N with out realising that's all it was. If that makes any sense, which I'm sure it doesn't (to you). OKAY time for bed.

Drama is more of a F/T thing most of the time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The major differences you have discovered between S and N are called real life.

Dont be too hard on urself

heart

heart on fire
What kind of drama do your inlaws wip up? I'm interested to see how it might differ from N type drama. :D

She said, he said, we said. I am gonna go kick some arse. I called her and gave her a piece of my mind. I reached over the counter and pulled his collar and said listen... that sort of a thing.

heart

heart on fire
One of the worst drama producers I know is an ESTP female. She's a masterwork of drama production.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I see the biggest differences in E and I. If E's have something they want to dramatize you'll hear about it. We I's might journal, ponder it over a cup of coffee, 3 days later talk it through with our closest confidante, etc. We may then, of course, issue an edict of dramatic proportions, but it will be done calmly.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People are dramatic, not types. Why would they be? Most "F" descriptions and over sensitivities are just the enneagram heart triad's issues that they have. I just simply don't understand how certain MBTI types can be more dramatic. All that the letters mean are what functions someone has; and all that those mean is how someone thinks. How someone presents themselves and deals with the world is covered by the enneagram. If MBTI tries to cover this, it's just based on observations of of MBTI type + enneagram type common pairings; and it's inaccurate.

Define what you mean by drama. This is your thread. What do you want to know?