• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti, Te and "Systems"

sculpting

what are you guys all bickering about?

I'd guess Te comes in a multitude of flavors depending upon what it is paired with and where it falls into the natural function order.

Fi doesnt like to be boxed. It's unique and special.

My Te fucking loves boxes. I'll box anybody. Even better I will fiddle with all of the boxes when I find out the first boxes were not quite the right shape and then I rebuild the boxes. My favorite take on MBTI actually involves four boxes with each of the 16 types plus a 17th category for folks who dont fit in the first 16 groups. Box 17 is really the "yet to be fully understood" box.

It isnt about static structures-more about observable results. Did the first box work? yes or no. No? change it to make it fit external data.

Yet within each box, there is still room for infinite variety due to free will and the fact that each function is like a sliding continuum of intensity.

Once you understand what the pattern is, then you can change the pattern. Trying to change the pattern without understanding the pattern is much more difficult I'd imagine.

So first you get boxed with Te, then I use NeFi to blur all the box edges together. How could this every actually get boring?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess that settles it, then.
Tune in NEXT week, to see Judge Judy say....

Jaguar

I could have sworn someone once told me ENTPs were supposed to be funny.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess that settles it, then.
Tune in NEXT week, to see Judge Judy say....

Same court time, same court channel.

Can jaguar rip the jugular from sims throat or will sim lay down his Fe and say "cant you read?"

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Same court time, same court channel.

Can jaguar rip the jugular from sims throat or will sim lay down his Fe and say "cant you read?"

That's more Ti, I'd say. I get tired of people who don't bother to read my posts before trying (usually unsuccessfully) to tear them apart.

I could have sworn someone once told me ENTPs were supposed to be funny.

Well, since that's not the case 100% of the time in 100% of possible situations, it's clearly a worthless observation anyway, right?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The categories are constantly updated and refined to match reality more closely. Every time new information comes up that contradicts the old understanding, the system is amended to reflect it.

That's what this whole forum is for--discussing and refining the categories as we continue to study their relationship to reality.

I will note that Ti users are more likely to "re-classify" and "re-define" as they gain more understanding, whereas Te users often want to just toss out the baby with the bath water, or completely start over.

Extraverted Thinking makes sense of the world by viewing things "objectively": in terms of categories and measurements that can be defined in advance of observation. For example, defining the specifications of a wheel that make it acceptable for use on the road. Stable categories and measurements enable people to define shared goals and enforce agreements fairly. You can tell whether the wheel met the specifications or not; anyone can tell, because the specifications are defined independently of both the wheel and the person doing the measuring. As an epistemological perspective, Te leads you to be concerned with logical and empirical justification. No conclusion may be accepted until it has been grounded on a firm foundation of other facts that have themselves been firmly established. What has not been tested is unknown; what cannot be tested is meaningless.

Introverted Thinking (Ti) As an epistemological perspective, Ti leads one to trust only things that you understand first-hand for yourself, preferably through direct, hands-on interaction. You must see for yourself how a given thing or subject makes sense. Knowledge must emerge from the concrete reality itself, not from preconceived categories or criteria, and the search for knowledge must follow wherever logic and the subject matter lead, regardless of how people feel about it.

VagrantFarce

gee whiz u guyz, thanx 4 crappin up my thread :coffee:

(psst, Jaguar, point out that I already crapped up my own thread in the OP, that'll be funny :D )

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
gee whiz u guyz, thanx 4 crappin up my thread :coffee:

(psst, Jaguar, point out that I already crapped up my own thread in the OP, that'll be funny :D )

Atleast your not telling us how to act.

bobby

MBTI doesn't purport to be some sort of system of rules to dictate how people should act; it's merely an attempt at categorizing commonly observed behaviors and motivations, some of which will inevitably not apply to any particular individual.

if this is the case, with what confidence can we use the theory in everyday life? it seems to me a lot of people here want to sorta have it both ways. first they say the theory is still under construction, it isnt predictive of behavior, its really abstract and it doesnt necessarily reflect reality etc etc, and then a minute later go on to typing people left and right and use the "knowledge" of a persons type when thinking about them and dealing with them. i dont see how that works.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
if this is the case, with what confidence can we use the theory in everyday life? it seems to me a lot of people here want to sorta have it both ways. first they say the theory is still under construction, it isnt predictive of behavior, its really abstract and it doesnt necessarily reflect reality etc etc, and then a minute later go on to typing people left and right and use the "knowledge" of a persons type when thinking about them and dealing with them. i dont see how that works.

I dont use it when dealing with them, but I use it to try and understand them past tense and use it to try to work with them in the future. There is more to life then here and now and using things without the other person knowing. Imagine 2 people trying to use it as a common ground in trying to learn each other.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The degree to which it relates to reality is not a binary proposition. It's a matter of degree. It will never perfectly reflect reality and it will never cease to be under construction--it just gradually improves the more you learn. That's really all there is to it.

Some people fit the categories really easily and obviously; others are more difficult. The more people you meet the more you rearrange your ideas of the categories to encompass the different kinds of behaviors and value systems that you observe in others.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not quite, I use Ti for objects.
you don't. Ti internally organizes the object perceptions you've made with Se.

Ti has nothing to do with the objects themselves though. only the perceptions.

uh... it is by definition not objective. that is to say, if you use object oriented Thinking, then you're using Te.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you don't. Ti internally organizes the object perceptions you've made with Se.

Ti has nothing to do with the objects themselves though. only the perceptions.

uh... it is by definition not objective. that is to say, if you use object oriented Thinking, then you're using Te.

this