User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    HAHAHA. Yes!
    Im out, its been fun

gee whiz u guyz, thanx 4 crappin up my thread

(psst, Jaguar, point out that I already crapped up my own thread in the OP, that'll be funny )
    Hello

It was shit from the start.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    gee whiz u guyz, thanx 4 crappin up my thread

(psst, Jaguar, point out that I already crapped up my own thread in the OP, that'll be funny )
    Atleast your not telling us how to act.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Atleast your not telling us how to act.
    lol, damn
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    MBTI doesn't purport to be some sort of system of rules to dictate how people should act; it's merely an attempt at categorizing commonly observed behaviors and motivations, some of which will inevitably not apply to any particular individual.
    if this is the case, with what confidence can we use the theory in everyday life? it seems to me a lot of people here want to sorta have it both ways. first they say the theory is still under construction, it isnt predictive of behavior, its really abstract and it doesnt necessarily reflect reality etc etc, and then a minute later go on to typing people left and right and use the "knowledge" of a persons type when thinking about them and dealing with them. i dont see how that works.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    if this is the case, with what confidence can we use the theory in everyday life? it seems to me a lot of people here want to sorta have it both ways. first they say the theory is still under construction, it isnt predictive of behavior, its really abstract and it doesnt necessarily reflect reality etc etc, and then a minute later go on to typing people left and right and use the "knowledge" of a persons type when thinking about them and dealing with them. i dont see how that works.
    I dont use it when dealing with them, but I use it to try and understand them past tense and use it to try to work with them in the future. There is more to life then here and now and using things without the other person knowing. Imagine 2 people trying to use it as a common ground in trying to learn each other.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    The degree to which it relates to reality is not a binary proposition. It's a matter of degree. It will never perfectly reflect reality and it will never cease to be under construction--it just gradually improves the more you learn. That's really all there is to it.

Some people fit the categories really easily and obviously; others are more difficult. The more people you meet the more you rearrange your ideas of the categories to encompass the different kinds of behaviors and value systems that you observe in others.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Not quite, I use Ti for objects.
    you don't. Ti internally organizes the object perceptions you've made with Se.

Ti has nothing to do with the objects themselves though. only the perceptions.

uh... it is by definition not objective. that is to say, if you use object oriented Thinking, then you're using Te.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    you don't. Ti internally organizes the object perceptions you've made with Se.

Ti has nothing to do with the objects themselves though. only the perceptions.

uh... it is by definition not objective. that is to say, if you use object oriented Thinking, then you're using Te.
    this
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?