User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So you posted a potential definition of Te, for consumption and so that it can be corrected by others. And immediately Te people start fighting/shoving back about what your intentions were.

...That part, at least, matches your theory.

I still do feel a bit muddled, though, on exactly what Te complaints would be about MBTI, or whether your concept is accurate.
    I personally don't have any. The theory is both interesting and useful.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Ti analyzes and defines, Te organizes and applies.

Take Eric B's webpage on typology, rich with information and effectively a journal of Eric's discoveries and reflections. I find it an unreadable, garrulous mess that should be pruned of all but the essentials, set in outline form, and summarized in no more than five bullet points.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Have you seen it recently? I divided it all up, with the original "Part 2" (in the link in the signature) now just building the type code and theory up from scratch (much shorter), and the "journal of discovery" is now spun off into a separate "part 2a", and there's also a part 3 and 4, and a new "Type Ideas" page which is a summary of the tables, images and some of the novel ideas.
    So the Ti will be "backed up" by some Te.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Have you seen it recently? I divided it all up, with the original "Part 2" (in the link in the signature) now just builds the type code and theory up from scratch (much shorter), and the "journal" is now spun off into a separate "part 2a", and there's also a pert 3 and 4, and a new "type ideas" page which is a summary of the tables, images and some of the novel ideas.
    So the Ti will be "backed up" by some Te.
    Really? Nice. I'll take a look.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Ti analyzes and defines, Te organizes and applies.

Take Eric B's webpage on typology, rich with information and effectively a journal of Eric's discoveries and reflections. I find it an unreadable, garrulous mess that should be pruned of all but the essentials, set in outline form, and summarized in no more than five bullet points.
    You guys crack me up.
    But yes, that highlights the differences nicely.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Te is associated with willpower,l planning and self-discipline.
    Ti does not.

I am curious of how INTJs use Te though.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    what are you guys all bickering about?

I'd guess Te comes in a multitude of flavors depending upon what it is paired with and where it falls into the natural function order.

Fi doesnt like to be boxed. It's unique and special.

My Te fucking loves boxes. I'll box anybody. Even better I will fiddle with all of the boxes when I find out the first boxes were not quite the right shape and then I rebuild the boxes. My favorite take on MBTI actually involves four boxes with each of the 16 types plus a 17th category for folks who dont fit in the first 16 groups. Box 17 is really the "yet to be fully understood" box.

It isnt about static structures-more about observable results. Did the first box work? yes or no. No? change it to make it fit external data.

Yet within each box, there is still room for infinite variety due to free will and the fact that each function is like a sliding continuum of intensity.

Once you understand what the pattern is, then you can change the pattern. Trying to change the pattern without understanding the pattern is much more difficult I'd imagine.

So first you get boxed with Te, then I use NeFi to blur all the box edges together. How could this every actually get boring?
    +1, though I fear it does get boring. The boxes meld together enough to include anyone. We reinvent it from the same stuff of subjective perception. So, ultimately, it is never truly reinvented - only viewed from distinct angles at distinct times and frames of reference.

Every archetype is a Rubik's Cube. Each Rubik's Cube has 8 colored function cubes which are configured in a unique order juxtaposed to the order of the function. As we process, we rotate the axis of the Cube to adapt. However, we rest in a particular lax order.

The colors were observed, not determined by the makers; just as we first observed the 3 primary colors upon birth. The colors always lined the causeways of inner-reality because they were always outwardly real. This is the battle between Pi and Pe; so we will maintain this difficulty of determining cause-and-effect relationships via communication.

You must pull the sock of your mind inside-out to understand. Does the system act upon us, or do we act upon the system? The reality is: both; for these opposites are reliant upon each other, just as we are reliant upon each other for clarification.

I hope you understand me. It's fun to be cryptic.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You guys crack me up.
    But yes, that highlights the differences nicely.
    When in doubt, demonstrate.

And so: two, count them, two messy pages of meticulous research.

ERIC YOU LURED ME WITH PROMISES OF BULLET POINTS

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

VagrantFarce does not understand functions at all!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    When in doubt, demonstrate.

And so: two, count them, two messy pages of meticulous research.

ERIC YOU LURED ME WITH PROMISES OF BULLET POINTS
    I promised no such thing! (though the contents lists at the beginning are bulleted, and there are some other bulleted lists throughout as well).
    If you can break the whole theory down and explain it with bullet points, I'd like to see you do it!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas