User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Default ENFP: Proletariat of iNtuitives?

Some things really bother me:

- In all the demographic data on MBTI, why are ENFPs so vastly overrepresentated compared to the other seven intuitives?

- In the sparse data concerning type and IQ, why do ENFPs have a lower average IQ than the other seven intuitives?

- Whenever I see an eminent ENP typed, he/she is almost always ENTP. Why?

- What role can an ENFP fill better than other intuitive types a posteriori?

I worry alot about this. Have I drawn the short straw in life?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=Franz;1038396]Some things really bother me:
    - In all the demographic data on MBTI, why are ENFPs so vastly overrepresentated compared to the other seven intuitives?
    That's like asking why there are so many great chocolate cake recipes. There just are. Enjoy it! Also, ENFPs are attracted to gatherings and to anything that promotes personal and community growth, so they hang out around type

- In the sparse data concerning type and IQ, why do ENFPs have a lower average IQ than the other seven intuitives?
    They aren't, according to the manual. 3 studies are listed, and ENFPs come out 2, 7 and 16 (but that was a lab school; the ENFPs were probably just getting started on math and all that boring stuff in 9th grade...)

Because "eminent" people have a persona and it usually has a T caste of strategic planning

Getting people excited about new ideas/initiatives/opportunities and signing them up to work together toward an exciting future. Then the ENFPs go on to start something else.

The best type to be is the one you are. Enjoy!
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

We lead with Ne, that's nothing to sneeze at, in fact, that's the same thing ENTP leads with.

Also feeling funny about the IQ is not really a problem in your case because you HAVE an IQ already. It's not like you have to pick from the bottom of the barrel for an IQ because you are ENFP. If you feel funny about your IQ it's not because you are ENFP, it's because you don't like your IQ.

I've had talks with INTPs where they were saying their type is superior because Einstein was INTP. Does that actually give that intuitive anything other than feeling like maybe they are not reaching potential they might have? THEY are not Einstein.

I have a very intelligent INTJ friend. What does he do? He makes software and has a wife and kids. How is that different from anyone else?

You have only drawn the short straw in life if you let youself think it. Don't blame it on being ENFP if you think you have the short straw. Find your strengths and work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post

Have you ever head for the category "mistyped people" ?

Many ESFPs test as ENFPs. If you look at forum, most ENFPs said they know none or only a few ENFPs in RL, if there were 10% of ENFPs, then you'd know much more of them. Especially if you consider that you tend to pay attention more to people you can relate to.

I think there is a maximum 4% of ENFPs.

ADD? Extraversion?
    Or; who cares??

If you're for example an INTP. And your MBTI type is known for high IQs.. you can still have low IQ so who cares what are the datas about your "mbti type".

-
    Whenever I see an eminent ENP typed, he/she is almost always ENTP. Why?
    Didnt notice that. Except I noticed that many smarty and witty ENPs are typed by other people as ENTPs.

Eh. many of them. It's INDIVIDUAL. MBTI doesnt say ALL about your individual talents and IQ. Only preferences.

I dunno. Dont know you.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

There tend to be more xNFPs than xNFJs. Maybe because NFness kind of goes better with P. NF is soft, and P is soft. J is hard.

Yeah, well they're still extroverts. iNtuitives tend to score high on IQ tests, but so do introverts. INXX tend to score the highest, T/F actually doesn't tend to matter as much.

But ENFPs scored really high on this "MBTI and Giftedness" study, maybe the highest. I'm not sure what the study measured. But ENFPs tend to be more creatively gifted, than strictly academic.

They are one of the more creative iNtuitives, and great people persons.

Noooo, you got the good straw. Just imagine going through life as an ISTJ!

So they're proletariat, but mostly because they are so good with ordinary people. You're like our N representatives. We need you for our Public Relations goals.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Being an N doesnt make you a genius in the "traditional" sense of "genius". I dont know of many people who would put Peter Griffin, Kelso (70s show), or wonka at the top of their list for nuclear physics researcher. There are however different, more non traditional, types of intelligence. This is the kind of intelligence ENFPs have. Its the kind where even if they have dropped out of school, have no direction in life and are not psudo-intellectual in the slightest, you still end up thinking "ya he's pretty smart...always concocting out-there schemes and such". (this is the kind of reasoning you have to fall into when you try to judge types based on accomplishments and stereotyped abilities...how do you like it??? ).

ENFPs are almost like super imaginative SPs. In that sense, they are like "genius" SPs. But look where this leads us: in order to make yourself feel good, you are having to put down the abilities of another type. This is ultimately fruitless, elitist and misguided.

The "real" problem I see behind your post is that you secretly think that Ns are better than Ss, and your upset because your the "worst of the best".

Type is simply the way you orient your processing and judging to the world, categorized into maybe 16 ways. There is nothing inherently better or worse about any type. I would bet that most N's have a lot more S friends than they realize. Instead of typing every person you like as "he must at least be XNXX", type using interaction styles/temperament and I'm 100% positive that every N on this board enjoys and admires plenty of S people.

Finally, why are there so many famous INXX's? Because accomplishing great things in this life require undying fervor, almost insane commitment, and often many long hours of lonely research, doubt and analysis. This is something that INXX's are more geared towards for obvious reasons. This doesnt make their type as a whole better though. For every Einstein, there are 1000's of psudo-intellectual INTPs doing "original research" that will never amount to crap.

PS: I wouldnt get bent out of shape comparing ENXXs to eachother. They all do best what they want to do best. Simply put, most ENFPs wont WANT to achieve the same things as an ENFJ (vice versa). The ENFP can accomplish nothing of value in the eyes of other, and yet still "win at life" if they get to do what they want to do. Isnt that all that matters?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    We lead with Ne, that's nothing to sneeze at, in fact, that's the same thing ENTP leads with.

Also feeling funny about the IQ is not really a problem in your case because you HAVE an IQ already. It's not like you have to pick from the bottom of the barrel for an IQ because you are ENFP. If you feel funny about your IQ it's not because you are ENFP, it's because you don't like your IQ.

I've had talks with INTPs where they were saying their type is superior because Einstein was INTP. Does that actually give that intuitive anything other than feeling like maybe they are not reaching potential they might have? THEY are not Einstein.

I have a very intelligent INTJ friend. What does he do? He makes software and has a wife and kids. How is that different from anyone else?

You have only drawn the short straw in life if you let youself think it. Don't blame it on being ENFP if you think you have the short straw. Find your strengths and work with them.
    That.

MBTI
    ERTP

yearh what can an enfp do better than an entp that sets his mind to it?
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    yearh what can an enfp do better than an entp that sets his mind to it?
    Dealing with people. ENFJs too. Not something us NTs are known for, even if ENTPs tend to be better than the other NTs.

Maybe more imaginative too.