User Tag List

First 12

Tempbanned

i'm a 5w6 so I cant relate to you 8's

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... I'm with an istp 9w1 (a very strong 1 as well... seriously, he's a good virgo!)

most istps I know are rather 9ish, though I've met some 8ish ones as well
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I did'nt know ISTPs could be 9w1, I believed evey 9 ISTPs were 9w8 actually.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ most ISTPs I know are 9w8... this one's just a weirdo
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I agree that most ISTPs are 9w8s.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    To Ezra-

Are you suggesting I mistyped. I have typed as an ESTP. ISTP description fits better because I am fairly reserved rather than expressive. It is possible though that I am ENTJ. My brother typed as ENTJ and we are pretty much two of a kind. I just thought ISTP's and ENTJ's could look a lot alike.
    It's possible. I mean if you really, really must type yourself as an ISTP because it is the only viable option in your eyes, and you see no other alternative to 8w7, then fair enough, but until this is the case I very much doubt you're both an ISTP or an 8w7 - I think you're more likely to be either.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

ISTP is not the only viable option, but it is hard for me to steer away from it because of how many times I've been typed as one, and how accurate the description is. I can tell you that if I turned out to be a rational I would definitely be an ENTJ. The other NT's just aren't me. However, it is hard to see myself as an E, and INTJ doesn't fit. Is it common for ENTJ's to relate to/type as an ISTP?

brainheart

My son totally seems to be an ISTP 8w9. It makes sense to me. The dominant Ti could make one less concerned about others' feelings as we 9w8s are. I worry about stepping on others toes so I typically keep my primal urges contained, he just comes out and says or does them. He doesn't seem to feel as bad after an explosion as I do, either. But he is most decidedly an introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You could just be a 5 that is very integrated?

This just shows you don't know much about the enneagram... 5's integrate into type 8. So an integrated 5 would naturally relate well to the 8.
    I would like to know what integrate means in this context.

I always feel like a natural 5 (especially when I was younger) but always test as a straight up 8!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Probably!

[youtube=ZChJus0qbWs]8w7[/youtube]
    That's not really a reliable link.
    Is there any chance that Quint from Jaws is an ISTP 8?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I did'nt know ISTPs could be 9w1, I believed evey 9 ISTPs were 9w8 actually.
    I agree that 9w8 resonates very well with the "live and let live" and "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" kind of approach of ISTPs. I'm also an advocate of these principles but compared to my passive 7 active 5 flavour in my first two decades today I have almost nothing to do with 5 at the expense of being a 7w8 who can stand up for himself if necessary instead of being silent or tame. I got fed up with being used as an idiot tool/pet at my workplace and looked for better solutions. From a silent techie I became the mixture of an adventurer and entrepreneur/businessman. I'm a living example that in 5-10 years one can become "the oppostite" of him/herself.

Being able to stand up for yourself makes your very successful in various areas of your life. You will be less likely to get on well with people who want to play stupid games with you, e.g.: treating you like an idiot, manipulate emotionally, etc... but you'll have an edge that the rest of the people are more attracted to. It's a win & win & win in my opinion.
    Health, Freedom, Fun.

"The only true power comes from within."
    "Honesty is a very expensive gift, Don't expect it from cheap people." - Warren Buffett
    "The truth will set you free - but first it will make you miserable." - James A. Garfield
    "It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains." - Thomas Henry Huxley
    "Failure is success if we learn from it." - Malcolm Forbes
    "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." - Jack Canfield