User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Default ne and insomnia...

so...i have issues sleeping when i have things i'm working out, excited about or worried about...i'm guessing this is a ne issue...but it sucks! and...it's affecting my life! i'm late for work because i just fell asleep an hour or two before my alarm goes off...this sucks...advice...a lil pat pat or what :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp

masturbate, then u just konk out.

hehe, the global ENFP solution.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    so...i have issues sleeping when i have things i'm working out, excited about or worried about...i'm guessing this is a ne issue...but it sucks! and...it's affecting my life! i'm late for work because i just fell asleep an hour or two before my alarm goes off...this sucks...advice...a lil pat pat or what :/
    I recommend you pop a dose of melatonin about 30 minutes before you want to fall asleep. Also, follow nomadic's advice.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

very helpful thanks...fucking enfps

haha... i'll keep that in mind.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

I woke up at 3:00 for no discernible reason and then stumbled upon this thread. Lovely. ENFPs

This is a very common problem for me, even after exercise, good eating habits, and attempting to instill some regularity in my sleeping schedule. I don't suffer from anxiety. I'm on melatonin now and it doesn't do the trick--it worked yesterday and didn't today--though it might be a place to start.

My friends have had some pretty good experience with some other medications, including Lunesta, amitriptyline, and Xanax (!). I have an appointment with my doctor today, and hopefully I'll get some more insight on these and other options.. I know that sleeping medications aren't something you just screw around with.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Um....I was at a conference session filled with Ni's one time and there was a high incidence of using set fantasies, linked to favorite childhood movies or books, to fall asleep. One man had pretended to be a French resistance fighter since childhood. Another, the RCMP owner of Silver Chief, Dog of the North. And so on. Using the imagination in these set patterns shut down the brainstorming/random connections Intuition. It was a rather bonding moment for the group, none of whom had ever admitted this technique to others...
    edcoaching

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

hmmm yeah I guess I go on Ne binges that do tend to keep me up. I get a lot of my best brainstorms and ideas in the middle of the night when I'm in the zone, and that helps with work. And it's near impossible for me to go to bed when I'm zoning.

I don't have any schedule really that I have to follow, so it's so tempting to simply go to bed when tired, and get up when not tired. I have a couple reasons why I should be following normal time, though. So it's probably not a good thing. Good for creativity, though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Helpful strategies:

Get up and write down everything that's on your mind. Or make a big list of those things. Then, tell your brain that there it is, on paper, so nothing will be forgotten and will everything can be picked back up tomorrow. Now, it's time for rest.

Think of a favorite memory in the real world. Like a vacation where you were swimming in the ocean and running through the waves. Or horse back riding. Anything that brought you pleasure. And replay those memories back in your mind. That will help you relax and keep your mind from over-engaging.

Get off the computer or TV or video games at least an hour before you want to fall asleep. If your mind is too stimulated before going to sleep, your brain can't just click off like a light switch. This seems to get worse as you get a little older too (not that you are.) But I find since I sleep a little more lightly than I used to I have to respect not getting my mind all worked up before I want to go to sleep.

Have a warm bath or shower - that triggers the natural cooling reaction of the body before sleep and the release of natural melatonin.

Do mind-writing: create a soothing catch phrase for your self, like "gentle relaxing night" and imagine writing it out in long-hand in your mind, while you're laying in bed. In between each time you write the phrase, count backwards from 97, and write that number out in your mind as well. So, the sequence: "gentle relaxing night" then "ninety-seven" .... "gentle relaxing night" then "ninety-six" ... etc. I've never gotten much further than somewhere in the 80's using this technique.

----------

Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep - that's another issue. Is this happening to you, or is it mostly falling asleep in the first place, but once you are asleep, it's all good?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah it's really just falling asleep...when i fall asleep i'm out and could and have slept till really late afternoon.

but yeah my mind just goes a mile a min coming up with all these ideas or plans...it makes me nutty...it reminds me of someone on a major caffeine buzz or something but i'm not and it's like 4am you know?

i think i need to just plan on sitting in a dark room for hours before going to bed...whoohoo that sounds fun.
    -Jim Morrison