• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are there any Ns who really suck at interpreting literature or poetry?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ahhh, well, maybe NFs have more of a knack to create and interpret poetry than NTs, in general.

Regarding literature, Ns in general will see the recurring themes, understand the complexity of the characters, read between the lines, and most importantly, recognize the words within the lines that are heavily pregnant with meaning.

:)

Mole

Permabanned
Traduttore, traditore

Interpretation can be a bit of a labor to me...

The Italians tell us, "Traduttore, traditore", to interpret is to betray.

And if that weren't enough the French chime in with, "Traduire, c'est trahir", to translate is to betray.

For those who seek to betray poetry do it in the name of interpretation and translation.

And to betray a poem is to betray a child.

Tradduttore, traditore.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

And if that weren't enough the French chime in with, "Traduire, c'est trahir", to translate it to betray.

For those who seek to betray poetry do it in the name of interpretation and translation.

Tradduttore, traditore.

What?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Victor's poetic ramblings are lost on ISTJs. :devil:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
85% of the forum is lost on ISTJs. And Victor is lost on 85% of the forum.

And of the remaining 15%, most discover -eventually - his nebulousness is a pig disguised as pearls.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
And of the remaining 15%, most discover -eventually - his nebulousness is a pig disguised as pearls.

Or that he's a normal human disguised as pearls. 15% of his posts do have gems in them, though.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

And if that weren't enough the French chime in with, "Traduire, c'est trahir", to translate it to betray.

Tradduttore, traditore.

To betray is not to intend to betray.

I may betray my unconscious in a Freudian slip.

Am I responsible for what comes out?

I think not.

Untangle your causes.

The interpreter is innocent.

Mole

Permabanned
Self Expression and Self Hatred

Self expression does seem to be at the heart of art.

But there does seem to be a distinction between self expression and self hatred.

For instance, many come on here simply because they are bored and are looking for people like themselves. They have nothing to offer except their boredom - for they bore even themselves.

And how they hate those with something to offer.

They hate them because they show up their own emptiness, which is unbearable. So naturally they find those with gifts to offer to be unbearable.

And finding the gifted unbearable, they harass them. They harass them non stop. It is an entertainment for them, a distraction from their own unbearable boredom.

But most of all it is a distraction from their own unbearable self hatred.

So it is far better to project their self hatred onto someone quite unlike themselves.

But what is most disturbing is that they are likely to project their self hatred onto any vulnerable child in their care.

VagrantFarce

For instance, many come on here simply because they are bored and are looking for people like themselves. They have nothing to offer except their boredom - for they bore even themselves.

And how they hate those with something to offer.

They hate them because they show up their own emptiness, which is unbearable. So naturally they find those with gifts to offer to be unbearable.

But what is most disturbing is that they are likely to project their self hatred onto any vulnerable child in their care.

I can't imagine why someone would have a problem with what you "contribute", Victor.

Also, I agree - everyone is out to get you. They're not ridiculing you because you're vague, nonsensical, insular and typically unhelpful 99% of the time - it's because they hate themselves! :D

Gosh, that is convenient isn't it? I think I'll use the same excuse the next time someone has a problem with me! That'll show them to mess with the gifted!

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
I love to. Something has to click though, before I fully can understand what I'm reading.

Mole

Permabanned
The Cries of Children

I can't imagine why someone would have a problem with what you "contribute", Victor.

Also, I agree - everyone is out to get you. They're not ridiculing you because you're vague, nonsensical, insular and typically unhelpful 99% of the time - it's because they hate themselves! :D

Gosh, that is convenient isn't it? I think I'll use the same excuse the next time someone has a problem with me! That'll show them to mess with the gifted!

Really, it is a form of vandalism.

Unable to create a city as beautiful as Rome, the Vandals destroyed the beautiful city of Rome.

Rome was constant reproach to their ignorance and emptiness, so rather than building their own beautiful city, they destroyed Rome.

In exactly the same way New York is a constant reproach to Islam, so they destroyed two of the most prominent and beautiful buildings in New York by flying civilian jets into them at lunchtime.

It is the perfect form of evil to destroy something beautiful, just as it is the perfect form of evil to destroy a beautiful child.

But all that is necessary with a poem or a beautiful child is to listen to them.

But the vandals say they can't hear the poem. And naturally they blame the poem when really they have closed their ears.

In exactly the same way that child abusers close their ears to the cries of children.

VagrantFarce

But the vandals say they can't hear the poem. And naturally they blame the poem when really they have closed their ears.

In exactly the same way that child abusers close their ears to the cries of children.

I'm not blaming the poem, I'm blaming you: the person who insinuated that those who have a problem with you project their hatred onto children. There is such a thing as becoming too detached from reality, y'know; the onus isn't just on everyone else to not be offended by your vague musings (which are not comparable to Rome, I'm sorry to say), or find them unhelpful and altogether too vague, or find your insular nature and arrogance to be the same.