User Tag List

First 12345 Last

They always wanted the retarded text book answer in English class that I could never imagine really existing. I find symbolism tedious. I find most joke poetry slightly less interesting than watching grass grow.

On the other hand, I like smart word play and things with soul. I also like what OrangeAppled said, "when something is very simple, yet says a lot".

Whether I can interpret it, is directly related to my interest level.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

At school I was good at it, if grades mean anything. However, it seemed to be more important to understand what your teacher might have thought about the text, rather than give your original interpretation. Thus, I didn't enjoy that much the process.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think to a large extent it's a learned skill.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    At school I was good at it, if grades mean anything. However, it seemed to be more important to understand what your teacher might have thought about the text, rather than give your original interpretation. Thus, I didn't enjoy that much the process.
    Ugh, I had this experience too... :steam:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    My disinterest in poetry is largely due to the art form's almost pure subjective quality.
    In seventy years not one double blind test has been done with MBTI, so it is purely subjective, yet here you are lending your name to a purely subjective site.

But really, what you might say is that MBTI is bad poetry. And is only attractive to those with no taste for good poetry.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Here I read the back of the packet as I eat my Corn Flakes, but I am told that in the Czech Republic they deliver a poem fresh every morning with the milk.
    Uhmm... What the heck?! ^^;;;
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Uhmm... What the heck?! ^^;;;
    Today I attended the Multicultural Festival in Canberra.

It is a large well run festival that takes over the centre of Canberra for a day.

Every culture in the world is represented and is representative of Multiculturalism in Oz.

But today in your honour I visited the booth of the Czech Republic and they confirmed that a poem is delivered every day with the milk in the Czech Republic.

They did confide that the Czech Progressives want the poem to be printed on the side of the carton, while the Czech Conservatives want the poem to continue to be written on paper and attached to the milk carton by an elastic band.

But so far the controversy continues and we will have to wait and see what the outcome will be.

But these Ozzie Czechs did tell me that it was just as important to nourish the soul as the body. And that's why a poem is delivered freshly every day with the milk in the Czech Republic.

MBTI
    CAT

But today in your honour I visited the booth of the Czech Republic and they confirmed that a poem is delivered every day with the milk in the Czech Republic.

They did confide that the Czech Progressives want the poem to be printed on the side of the carton, while the Czech Conservatives want the poem to continue to be written on paper and attached to the milk carton by an elastic band.
    *goes to the fridge*

*checks all milks they have there*

*unfortunately, there are only bottles*

Next time I'll go to the supermarket I'll check all the milk cartons for poems. I've never had a poem freshly delivered in the morning, but it seems like a good idea indeed.

(I'm afraid the Czechs you've met were talking about some kind of a utopia though. What a pity. We have poems in the underground trains though. )
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Poetry is a matter of taste.

And those with poor taste log into MBTI.

While those with good taste click on Poetry Daily, a new poem every day and make it their home page.

And read a new poem every morning while they have their Corn Flakes and milk.

Ginkgo

While those with good taste click on Poetry Daily, a new poem every day and make it their home page.

Sounds like you're the only person under the sun with good taste Victor. Perhaps you just have a taste for razing people. Such fickle buds you have.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

My English major involves interpreting literature, and I'm fairly good at it. I'm particularly good at interpreting it from different angles (Freudian, feminism, marxist, etc), but not so much finding one perspective and going in-depth. Ni-users have me beat on that, especially with psychoanalysis. My class is predominately populated by NF, who have the upper hand. They're so passionate about the texts we're reading. I just take a text, tear it apart, and reassemble it my way. Whether it moves me or not is irrelevant.

Indeed?
    Um, yeah.