• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Humors

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
Asking the Myers-Briggs type if the water is half-full or half-empty by Unknown - Source

ENFJ -- There's more than enough for friends to share.

ENFP -- Whooeee! Water fight!

INFP -- But look! A crystalline vessel, filled with shimmering, life-giving nectar!
INFJ -- Senator Hophnagle used the rest of it for his mud pie project.
ENTJ -- A "full" glass of water, please.

INTJ -- Yes, that glass will be the flivvium container.
ENTP -- Voila! .157 liters hydrogen hydroxide, prepared by micro gnomes ...

INTP -- Well, it seems just a little more than half full--assuming that it is water...
ESTJ -- Hey! Whose job was it to fill up this glass?
ESFJ -- I can't believe someone would leave this dirty glass out here! Clean up this mess right now!

ISTJ -- It's half empty now, and it wouldn't surprise me if it dried up completely.

ISFJ -- I bet _________ would like to have some water right now ...

ESTP -- You call that a glass of water? Why, back where I come from, ...
ISTP -- So? It's water. Big deal!
ESFP -- There's a glass of water--you know, it's healthy to drink a lot of water, why, I remember when I was growing up that
we...

ISFP -- (Holds up glass to the light, tilts it from side to side, tastes it, wiggles finger in it, grins slightly, moves on.)

found at Type Humor

I know that it's pretty sterotypical but there were some where I thought they got it exactly right, or at least I knew what the person was reffering to.

The ones I thought were most accurate were ENTP, INTP, ISTP, ISFP, INFJ, and ESFP. The ESFP one made me laugh because that's exactly how I'll start conversations. I'll see some random thing in front of me, it'll remind me think of something and I'll go off on a tangent.

So, I know that whoever made this probably did it for fun and some of these were pretty weak imo (like the ENFJs one for example) but I'm curious to hear your opionions on it.
How well do you identify with your alleged type humor?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like these ones as well from the site.

Alternate Glass Answers by Cory Caplinger

ENFJ - Look in your heart. It holds the answers to all of life's mysteries. It will tell you what the glass is.

ENFP - Hey!!! I bet if we got a Bunch of these glasses we could make a waterslide! Or maybe a pool! Oh wait, we could freeze this water and make an ice sculpture! Or we could...
INFP - Can't you see how this glass represents our world? It is neither perfect nor bad, it's simply here and its value is determined by each and every one of us. We cannot survive if we don't drink the water...if we don't get along with our fellow people.

INFJ - (closes eyes, concentrates) It's half-empty. (The INFJ is referring to a glass that is 200 miles away)
ENTJ - You call this competence?!?!?!

INTJ - How can you say it's half-full? It's half-empty! I refuse to listen to your reasoning!

ENTP - Hmm...it's...(Ingeniously constructs a hacksaw from two straws and a shoelace, cuts the glass in half)...Ah...Now it's completely full!
INTP - What? (Looks up in bewilderment after being distracted from his mathematical theory book)
ESTJ - Dag nabbit! Look! This water isn't even filled up all the way! What is this world coming to? You know, maybe if people respect the law like they used to in the good old days...

ESFJ - It's half-full! But we better fill it up all the way before our guests arrive! We must give them a cordial welcome!

ISTJ - It's half-empty. Such a lazy waiter. Things could get done around here if people worked hard and took more responsibility!

ISFJ - No, I don't want this glass. I don't deserve it. (Really a ploy to make you feel guilty!)

ESTP - Water?!?! Bah! Give me Beer! HEY ZEKE! GOT ANY BUDWEISER? And bring out the darts - me and Johnny got a bet going on!

ESFP - (Not present to answer because he/she is out at a party)

ISTP - Eh. Just water. Needs to be spiked with some Jack Daniels though.

ISFP - (Adds a pinch of lemon) Salut! (Sips while listening to Mozart)

Whenever I ask my INTP friend a question he is usually looking at me in bewilderment and saying, "Huh?"

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
I like these ones as well from the site.

Alternate Glass Answers by Cory Caplinger

ENFJ - Look in your heart. It holds the answers to all of life's mysteries. It will tell you what the glass is.

ENFP - Hey!!! I bet if we got a Bunch of these glasses we could make a waterslide! Or maybe a pool! Oh wait, we could freeze this water and make an ice sculpture! Or we could...
INFP - Can't you see how this glass represents our world? It is neither perfect nor bad, it's simply here and its value is determined by each and every one of us. We cannot survive if we don't drink the water...if we don't get along with our fellow people.

INFJ - (closes eyes, concentrates) It's half-empty. (The INFJ is referring to a glass that is 200 miles away)
ENTJ - You call this competence?!?!?!

INTJ - How can you say it's half-full? It's half-empty! I refuse to listen to your reasoning!

ENTP - Hmm...it's...(Ingeniously constructs a hacksaw from two straws and a shoelace, cuts the glass in half)...Ah...Now it's completely full!
INTP - What? (Looks up in bewilderment after being distracted from his mathematical theory book)
ESTJ - Dag nabbit! Look! This water isn't even filled up all the way! What is this world coming to? You know, maybe if people respect the law like they used to in the good old days...

ESFJ - It's half-full! But we better fill it up all the way before our guests arrive! We must give them a cordial welcome!

ISTJ - It's half-empty. Such a lazy waiter. Things could get done around here if people worked hard and took more responsibility!

ISFJ - No, I don't want this glass. I don't deserve it. (Really a ploy to make you feel guilty!)

ESTP - Water?!?! Bah! Give me Beer! HEY ZEKE! GOT ANY BUDWEISER? And bring out the darts - me and Johnny got a bet going on!

ESFP - (Not present to answer because he/she is out at a party)

ISTP - Eh. Just water. Needs to be spiked with some Jack Daniels though.

ISFP - (Adds a pinch of lemon) Salut! (Sips while listening to Mozart)

Whenever I ask my INTP friend a question he is usually looking at me in bewilderment and saying, "Huh?"

meh. I didn't like those ones as much, though I can see the grains of truth behind some of them.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I guess I just found them more entertaining rather than insightful.

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
I guess I just found them more entertaining rather than insightful.

yeah so did I but there were some of them where I was like "woah! I know an XXXX who is exactly like that!" :)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
ENFP -- Whooeee! Water fight!

ESFP -- There's a glass of water--you know, it's healthy to drink a lot of water, why, I remember when I was growing up that we...

Didn't the ENFP and ESFP get switched around? :confused: Except the ENFP would associate to something abstract rather than tell a story.

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
:
Didn't the ENFP and ESFP get switched around? :confused: Except the ENFP would associate to something abstract rather than tell a story.

lol don't ask me. I'm clearly confused. :) Pionts at type.