User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 216

Thread: Baffled by Fi

  1. #31
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I've finally figured out Fi. It's amazing, really.

    It's nothing but Ti in reverse.
    Hello

  2. #32
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    But it is, because it's all external - "I feel insecure...wait a minute, their feelings are hurt, I need to work harder and take more responsibility for them! That will fix all of this! Wait, why isn't it working? Why aren't I feeling any better? I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do, and more! Maybe if I just keep moving, keep doing stuff in the external world, I'll feel better...". It's a classic case of the vicious Dominant-Fe cycle!
    Unless you're prepared to call me FeNi then as well, I'd say NeFi is just as capable of that. I spent years in that vicious loop. It's what happens when Ne runs rampant collecting information, but Fi doesn't have enough experience/background/ a baseline to judge things on. And your Fi is sensitive, noticing and picking up all those emotions that people are tossing at you and you keep wondering why they're doing that. Why they're emotionally poluting like that, coz hey, they wouldnt' be doing that if there wasn't a reason. And automatically, since they sometimes aim those emotions at you, you assume it must be something that you're doing wrong. Add to that that Fe is taught as a social norm and you're supposed to be nice to others, and voila, the care for others and their emotions gets together with your need for harmony to form an endless and exhausting mission of appeasing others, never realizing that that just aint your job, and it's not your fault or your failure when that doesn't work out.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #33
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Unless you're prepared to call me FeNi then as well, I'd say NeFi is just as capable of that.
    Well if it confirms what I think and helps me be right, YES DAMMIT

    I also took into consideration LL's self-described bafflement of looking inside oneself for any sort of "emotional guidance". Instead she talks a lot about "inner principles" and she admires her husband as someone who can "withstand storms"...that sounds an awful lot like Auxillary-Si to me - remaining honourable to what you know in your gut is important, and not getting swept up in the tide (in other words, avoiding the easy, safe allure of Tertiary-Ne).
    Hello

  4. #34
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    If your primary lens is Fi you wouldn't necessarily understand what it means to look inside because you do it all the time naturally.

    Aux Si belongs to the INFP world too ... :eek: Edit - WHOOPS, programming and foruming don't always mix ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  5. #35
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Aux Si belongs to the INFP world too ... :O
    INxPs have Tertiary-Si, veeeeerrrryyyy different

    And let's not be too silly, LL's probably the most extraverted person on this forum by a wide margin.
    Hello

  6. #36
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Whoopsy read that wrong ... I still say LL is ENFP.

    But Aux Si could lead LL back to ESTJ too!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  7. #37
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LL, really, look around on this forum and see what type has what hang ups.
    It's interesting, isn't it! And when people insist they don't have those hangups that are pretty universal for their type.

  8. #38
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    It seems most people don't want to describe it beyond something securely vague. If you do try to be precise about it, you'll be undoubtedly taken to task by oh-so many people that want to show you how you're wrong. So I can see how an onlooker would be baffled by Fi.

    But wait, did I not just describe all processes on this forum?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #39
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I've finally figured out Fi. It's amazing, really.

    It's nothing but Ti in reverse.
    To explain:

    Ti starts from objective first principles... but subjectively valuates each of those principles. For example, I consider social stability and cohesion to be the basis for any human society, so my logical determinations for social strategies are going to stem from this key conceptualization. Someone who considers voluntary affiliation to be that sort of basis will come to completely different determinations, though these may still logically connect. These determinations will arise from external logical patterns and connections, but they still relate to one another based on a prioritization that stems from theoretically subjective decisions (though Ti users will argue you to death on why their decision is the objectively true one... hint, guys - you're wrong, I'm right, deal with it). We argue these things to death because Fe desperately wants to get others to agree with us.

    Fi does the opposite. It starts from the objective conclusion (manifested in several ways, for example, in the relative intelligence of Fi users, and in the "Fi mirroring" many people point out), and then winnows its way to the subjective valuation of each of these. The prioritization hierarchy (aka the tert/inf Te) becomes the endpoint of the Fi judging process, rather than the start of it like Ti. Since we're all human, and go through several of the same experiences, many of these valuations will converge in most xxFPs. However, there's no particular reason they have to, and they often do not.

    The thing is, both of these have an emotive and non-affective component to them. The valuation/prioritization is the emotional part. This is demonstrated by the way you genuinely do evoke emotions from a Ti user - attack that person's core logic. "Your conclusions are idiotic" won't do a thing, because we'll simply assume the other person's stupid; however, "your points aren't even worth considering" will get a rise, only because the initial valuation principle will suffer from invalidation.

    Notice where I'm getting to? This is exactly the same sort of reaction Ti users complain of about Fi users when their personal values are offended! Likewise, Fi users do have a non-affective aspect of their judging function - this is how they dauntlessly face all aspects of the world in the first place. Fi seeks these objective conclusions in the first place, without any regard to personal impact. It wants to universalize its valuation/prioritization through experience in much the same way Ti wants to universalize its possible range of conclusion through logical analysis.

    They're really two sides of the same coin, one edge being "subjective" and the other "objective".

  10. #40
    Senior Member aeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Fi is a cognitive function that judges this vs. that, based on reference to an internally-derived hierarchy of values defined from a people-based perspective and focus.

    ---

    You can flip internal/external and/or people/logic in the above statement to get summations of Fe, Ti, and Te.


    cheers,
    Ian

Similar Threads

  1. Easily Disturbed By Things Going Wrong...is this Fi? or a J trait?
    By Thalassa in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 05:55 AM
  2. [Fi] NTJs: how does Fi manifest in your type?
    By Venom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
  3. [Fi] Fi building
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 03:09 PM
  4. [Fi] Fi -- Why does it drive you nuts?
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 08:47 AM
  5. [Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it
    By SillySapienne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 649
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO