• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask a Ni-dom.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Since we have threads such as these for types I don't see why would not have one for the function. However this will probably turn more into Ni+Te that Ni+Fe thread. Since the OP is INTJ.

Over the time have done a nubmer of post aobut my Ni and now I am planning to place all of it in one place. However I have always known that my seeing of reality is different than how others around see it.

So I would be greatful that others forum members ask me about how I think since many people simply don't understand the function. While you can teach me how to express what I have in my head more clearly to people around me.

Ok first question.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Hmmm....

Ok, I have to go somewhere to pay a bill/money owed to someone, by cash, check, credit card or perhaps I have the possibility of persuading the person to extend me time in order to delay payment. What are all the possible consequences and problematic contingencies of each form of payment?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hmmm....

Ok, I have to go somewhere to pay a bill/money owed to someone, by cash, check, credit card or perhaps I have the possibility of persuading the person to extend me time in order to delay payment. What are all the possible consequences and problematic contingencies of each form of payment?

This is a little bit sensorish question but I will try to Ni-it out.

If you have the the cash maybe it is a the best to use that since you usually get an discount if you pay with cash. (at least in my part of the world)
I thiink that credit card and check are not that much different on the long run. Plus credit are often not that much usefull if we are talking about huge amount of money. What is what is interesting here since small amount are not that much of a problem.

So all of this totally depends on how much do you own and to who you own money.

If it as a small amount it is wise to pay. However if you owe 2 million $ and you have 50000 $ in your pocket running away is probably good option.
Especially if you owe it to organized crime. But if you live in developed world and you owe it to someone legally you are probably screwd since today it can be really hard to escape police.

Also if you own it to criminals (a small number of them) than it could wise to kill them if oportunity persents itself. Since it is practical solution if no one sees you and you know what you will go with corpses.
But if you own it to a company and you are broke. You are finnished. Since entire debt thing is too public to just hide it. In the case you deside to pay and you don't have the money it would be wise to demand time time in order to delay payment. But if you will certainly not have themoney then this is useless (unless you planning to run awy)

However if you have house(s) that are not under any mortgage you can use that real estates to get out of any financial mess you are in. (if you are not a waaayyyy over your head in debt)
Plus you can always to do something dumb like robbing a bank.

However this is not really Ni. This was a Ni on a SP level.

INTJ Ni would take a much larger picture. What means that it would try to find how did you got in this situation in the first place.
First you scan your entire life so far and your family up to about 20 years before you were born. And then you start a simulation in your head so that you can evaluate where did you made wrong move in life. If yoo had some alternative choices before in somemoment in life it can be wise to check out if that option is still avalable. Since in some cases those options are still open. (for example someone offered a well paid job simply because he/she knew that you are the right person for the job.
In the worst cases you will simply find out how you got here without any real solution. But if you are influential in your environment you can always try to borrow from friends and acquaintances. Just so that you move a bank away from your neck. While friends will probably be more flexibile and they probably would not give you interest rate.
Also Ni-dom is not that likely to end in this situation exactly since it probably would not take risky moves. Plus we usually see outcomes decades ahead fairly clearly what is a major help.

Of course all this is scienario if you live in developed world.
If you live in developing countries. There is will a little bit different story since there is more chaos and crime in the mix. Not to mention corruption what offers an entire new specter of possibilities.

The question is vague so I can't give you exactly what you should do if you owe money. So I can't be of more help here without starting to talk about details and unrealistic scenarios. What would make a number of options sky rocket.
Since for every person/city/county you can make such a analysis.

Or you can just act like a lunatic and convince yourself that you don't own anyone anything since all people are just multy-celled organisms and there is absolutly no need to accept their rules of living a life. (or something like that)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
What good is Ni if all it gives you is "what ifs" and contingencies?

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
teehee, i feel like i'm in one of those fortune-teller booths.

just kidding, i believe you're sane ;D

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Yeah but I wanted a basic question to see how Ni digests something simple/everyday to see the obviousness of how Ni works. Besides if I asked all the different ways to simplify a polynomial equation it would get very technical, not many would be able to follow.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm....

Rather than asking the question on the consequences and problematic contingencies of each form of payment, I suggest reconsidering the question in the first place - is it the right one to ask? Debt interferes with independence and freedom. Therefore, my view is that you seek to pay it off as soon as possible to unwind yourself of this obligation. Using a credit card is fine as long as you pay it off at the end of the month.

Little_Sticks

Why do men have nipples? Be abstract.

Try this.

Men have nipples as a way of allowing the female form (aka succubus) a way of sucking just enough essence out of a man to keep him controlled and restrained to the succubus. Of course, in truth, the sucking takes many forms, literal and non-literal, and men really have three nipples, where one nipple always gets the majority of the attention (sometimes being the sole attention whore, and I use the word whore heavily here).

But also we have nipples as nature's proactive way of aiding us in our transformation to cyborgs. See the nipples would work well as two battery terminals that can be easily clamped onto external electrical networks. This is important as sex will then become more about how much electrical energy you can supply to your mate and overload her circuits.

Now scientists are only beginning to tap into the great possibilities of the nipple, but that's the low-down.

So you see nipples have a whole history and are very important in human evolution. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You see? That's the thing with you question askers. You ask these little out of the ordinary questions in order to figure out the way we think so that you can understand us giving you the upper hand whenever you encounter us. You don't really care about men having little pointy things coming out from their breasts even though it's pretty much something you should rather care about more than trying to understand us. INTJs and INFJs make up 3% of the world population therefore the chances you would gain from properly understanding the way in which we think would be quite low. And it's an even lower chance you would find men's nipples being used to good use. You see, men are supposed to have nipples to continue on their legacy of transportation. Of course it is more useless now then it was then. Men have and still do use their nipples to hook themselves up to carts of different sorts in order to transport them from place to place or even for their work.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What good is Ni if all it gives you is "what ifs" and contingencies?

Isn't the answer obvious ?

Yeah but I wanted a basic question to see how Ni digests something simple/everyday to see the obviousness of how Ni works. Besides if I asked all the different ways to simplify a polynomial equation it would get very technical, not many would be able to follow.

I relalized. :yes:

Ni doesnt deal with simple/everyday things. :tongue10:

It does, it is just that it prefers not too.

I am afraid that other were faster than me with answer this question.

Could you sum up Ni from your own perspective, in your own words?

I dont have the time to answer this. But you will get your answer soon.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What is Ni?

Don't tell me it's a sort of paranormal ability, understanding things on a deeper level than us lowly Ne/Si users.

What's the difference between Ne and Ni?
What's the difference between Ni and Si?

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
How often are you wrong using Ni ?
How do you know you are wrong ?
How important do you think Si is ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You see? That's the thing with you question askers. You ask these little out of the ordinary questions in order to figure out the way we think so that you can understand us giving you the upper hand whenever you encounter us. You don't really care about men having little pointy things coming out from their breasts even though it's pretty much something you should rather care about more than trying to understand us. INTJs and INFJs make up 3% of the world population therefore the chances you would gain from properly understanding the way in which we think would be quite low. And it's an even lower chance you would find men's nipples being used to good use. You see, men are supposed to have nipples to continue on their legacy of transportation. Of course it is more useless now then it was then. Men have and still do use their nipples to hook themselves up to carts of different sorts in order to transport them from place to place or even for their work.

I am not so sure that this is actually true. Since for the most part we can give insights and approach to things that no one else can provide.

What is Ni?

Don't tell me it's a sort of paranormal ability, understanding things on a deeper level than us lowly Ne/Si users.

What's the difference between Ne and Ni?
What's the difference between Ni and Si?

I will keep it short for now. Since I don't want to lose you in a wall of text. (no offence)

1.Ni uses all the data you have gathered and tries to understand the whole context. Creation of x - development of x - current status of x - futher development of x - the end of x. Plus what are the chances that there will be another x.

2.Ne and Ni are similar but Ne focuses on reality around the person while Ni is not even limited by that. So you can make connection that apsolutly make no sense. Plus you don't need environment to stimulate you that much.

What made a number of problems for me in life.
First I don't click with sensors while most intellectuals where I live seem to be NPs. Which often tend to think that I don't want to explore and that I am not interested in ideas. What is totally wrong. It is just that I don't need stimulation from environment. For example staring at white walls for an hour can be quite refreshing to me. Since the real perty will be hidden in my head and I have absoluty no need to verbalize my thinking. Probably I will not even share my conclussions.

3. Si rellies on past experiances while Ni looks at the past present and future but its "thinking" is less grounded in details/hard fact.

How often are you wrong using Ni ?
How do you know you are wrong ?
How important do you think Si is ?

1. Much less than I would like. Actually I made more mistakes by now listening my inner voice that by listening to it.

When it comes to big picture I am usually right. When it comes to details and I don't have enough data I am likely to miss. Also I am likely to miss when it comes to people. (you will hav eto ask INFJs about this)

2. Time proves me wrong.

3. You need to have some and some people that are good at it but it is not the most important thing around.

I hope this makes sense to you both. (but the story isn't over)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am not so sure that this is actually true. Since for the most part we can give insights and approach to things that no one else can provide.
Yes. True, that is if they can find those hiding INXJs in their lives. Of course one can just cheat and come straight here asking for insights on what they wish to know and I guess that is the purpose of this thread too. But then it just goes back into a loop of asking these questions to understand us to help them with INXJs in their lives to gain their insights but it's hard to find them but they can cheat and come here and... it goes on.

Finding and identifying an INXJ in life. +1 (uncommon)
Getting closer to the INXJ in life. +2 (rare)
Becoming their close friend. +3 (very rare)
Romantic relationship with INXJ. +4 (inconceivably rare)
Being an INXJ in life. (You know what? Fuck it.)

Of course a similar list could be stated for the INXPs.

ubiquitous1

Could you sum up Ni from your own perspective, in your own words?

For me, Ni is a quick summation of stored information, contextual clues and their relevance to the future. The summing of the information is almost instantaneous and a lot of the time unconscious. The resulting thought is just the probability of something occurring.