• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Creating a perfect team of people?!?!

Damir

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Im thinking about creating a perfect team of people, that are also perfect emotional and intellectual compatibility and perfectly balanced. It would look like having one of NT,NF,SP,SJ, and im fascinated with idea that every body got their own perfections and weaknesses that compliment each other!!!. Since im ESFP i like to Get things going, would it be the best to have ISTJ to chart the course, INFP Behind the scenes,and ENTJ In-charge?????

revolve

what cha'll gonna do? i kind of think if we knew the goal we might be able to say what we feel is the perfect team & why

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im thinking about creating a perfect team of people, that are also perfect emotional and intellectual compatibility and perfectly balanced. It would look like having one of NT,NF,SP,SJ, and im fascinated with idea that every body got their own perfections and weaknesses that compliment each other!!!. Since im ESFP i like to Get things going, would it be the best to have ISTJ to chart the course, INFP Behind the scenes,and ENTJ In-charge?????

im very familiar with the interaction styles stuff you're talking about...

It doesnt always work perfectly for designing an actual team. Heres an attempt:

if you're ESFP then id say:

ENTJ (in charge), ESFP (get things going), ISFJ (behind the scenes), ISTP (chart the course)

Everyone except the ISTP fits the socionics quadra as well (duals and their activity partners...creating a 4 way love circle lol)

That attempt might not work as well for say an ENFJ, whose activity partner is another "in charge" person (and having two in charge people may or may not be good). So I guess I actually have to say that it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

I will note that in general I notice:
--two In charge people like to be 1v1 friends (but not necessarily in a group together)
--Get things going people are often the most vocal and might even "appear" to be the leader to an undiscerning outsider.
--The interaction style that functions pretty well by taking on more group members is the "Chart the course".
--The behind the scenes people honestly dont matter. They are nice when around, but otherwise no one notices. :)laugh:)

Most of my groups of friends are characterized as having 1 in charge, 1 get things going person (who originated it), 1-2 chart the course people and no behind the scenes people. Oddly enough, if the "get things going" person knows another "get things going" person, i find that they are interchangeable in each others group as the only "get things going" person present lol.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Looking for the perfect party team I see. I can see how that could be sweet but then again possible combinations are numerous. coughs, but i'll let somebody else do the maths. Going for a run

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Just call an ENTP when you need an idea or to simplify things to others. ;)

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o"]the perfect team[/YOUTUBE]

I already have a themesong cooked up

Damir

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
yeah, just making the perfect crew.that can do just about anything together. Kinda crew like in tv series entourage:)) having king,warrior,magician,and lover. For example to make a successful rock band you need to have that kinda of chemistry between people.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
More interesting would be the perfect crew for saving the world from evil villains!

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
LOL :D fantastic four?! maybe.. yes having brain,muscle,crazy one,and whatever.....

I feel like in this sentence "whatever" might be a euphemism for "the token woman".

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like in this sentence "whatever" might be a euphemism for "the token woman".

I thought token was from south park? :doh: :rofl1:

Damir

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram

Token women means a small number of women who are represented in some group, not because of their value to the group, but because the people forming the group are somehow obligated to have women represented. (i always have to remember and then after google out stuff that INTPs have said :)

Yes, perfect! NFs are usually transparent,and no use hahhaha, so WHATEVER!!!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Token women means a small number of women who are represented in some group, not because of their value to the group, but because the people forming the group are somehow obligated to have women represented. (i always have to remember and then after google out stuff that INTPs have said :)

right, like an ESFP is useful in a team for anything besides planning the after-work parties.

;)

as for the team... well it's a great idea in theory, but in practicality it depends a whole lot more on those people's individual personalities and affiliations, as well as what you're working on, than just MBTI stuff. for instance, if your Chart-the-Course thinks your In-Charge is an idiot, it's gonna be a little rough. and a bunch of Fs trying to optimize logical output and a bunch of Ts trying to make things more customer-friendly are probably gonna be less successful than vice versa.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've already started working turning the rest of your team against you because of this comment.

Random Ness

And this would be where the intertype relations of socionics would be useful instead of MBTI.

redacted

I always liked the team of me and this ISTJ at my work. When it was us two on shift, we were efficient as fuck.

Then again, I don't even know my type, so that's not too helpful.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm probably biased, but I think having an ISTJ is important, too. I had to do a group quiz recently where my group mates were goofing off a lot and talking about things unrelated to the quiz, and I had to keep asking them to focus on the quiz. We ended up really pressed for time at the end because of their inattentiveness. I'm not sure how they would have completed it on time without someone to tell them to shut up and work.

I'll also say that I think having an ISTJ in a group can be bad if you let them take over. There has to be someone in a leadership position in the group to keep the ISTJ in check. Especially when I was younger, I would become VERY controlling in group work. I also had this "Nobody can do it right but me" attitude that made me take on the majority of the work.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm probably biased, but I think having an ISTJ is important, too. I had to do a group quiz recently where my group mates were goofing off a lot and talking about things unrelated to the quiz, and I had to keep asking them to focus on the quiz. We ended up really pressed for time at the end because of their inattentiveness. I'm not sure how they would have completed it on time without someone to tell them to shut up and work.

haha well. this is entertaining to me because i do my best work under pressure.

Ne/Se pushes limits fairly often thus we tend to have a pretty good idea of when we need to finally crack down and work - which unfortunately for a non-Ne/Se dom i'm sure can seem quite annoying and self-absorbed.

i will say that it's probably useful to have a Ne or Se dom just in case you have any last minute issues, need improvising, or run into some kind of a crisis. that's when we tend to shine.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
You guys are just making a team with no purpose in mind. What is this team trying to do? Solve mysteries? Make cake? Make friends? Design art? Blow up buildings?

No team will be perfect for any task.