User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I feel like in this sentence "whatever" might be a euphemism for "the token woman".
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I feel like in this sentence "whatever" might be a euphemism for "the token woman".
    I thought token was from south park?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Token women means a small number of women who are represented in some group, not because of their value to the group, but because the people forming the group are somehow obligated to have women represented. (i always have to remember and then after google out stuff that INTPs have said

Yes, perfect! NFs are usually transparent,and no use hahhaha, so WHATEVER!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Damir View Post
    Token women means a small number of women who are represented in some group, not because of their value to the group, but because the people forming the group are somehow obligated to have women represented. (i always have to remember and then after google out stuff that INTPs have said

right, like an ESFP is useful in a team for anything besides planning the after-work parties.

as for the team... well it's a great idea in theory, but in practicality it depends a whole lot more on those people's individual personalities and affiliations, as well as what you're working on, than just MBTI stuff. for instance, if your Chart-the-Course thinks your In-Charge is an idiot, it's gonna be a little rough. and a bunch of Fs trying to optimize logical output and a bunch of Ts trying to make things more customer-friendly are probably gonna be less successful than vice versa.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Damir View Post
    I've already started working turning the rest of your team against you because of this comment.

And this would be where the intertype relations of socionics would be useful instead of MBTI.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I always liked the team of me and this ISTJ at my work. When it was us two on shift, we were efficient as fuck.

Then again, I don't even know my type, so that's not too helpful.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm probably biased, but I think having an ISTJ is important, too. I had to do a group quiz recently where my group mates were goofing off a lot and talking about things unrelated to the quiz, and I had to keep asking them to focus on the quiz. We ended up really pressed for time at the end because of their inattentiveness. I'm not sure how they would have completed it on time without someone to tell them to shut up and work.

I'll also say that I think having an ISTJ in a group can be bad if you let them take over. There has to be someone in a leadership position in the group to keep the ISTJ in check. Especially when I was younger, I would become VERY controlling in group work. I also had this "Nobody can do it right but me" attitude that made me take on the majority of the work.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm probably biased, but I think having an ISTJ is important, too. I had to do a group quiz recently where my group mates were goofing off a lot and talking about things unrelated to the quiz, and I had to keep asking them to focus on the quiz. We ended up really pressed for time at the end because of their inattentiveness. I'm not sure how they would have completed it on time without someone to tell them to shut up and work.
    haha well. this is entertaining to me because i do my best work under pressure.

Ne/Se pushes limits fairly often thus we tend to have a pretty good idea of when we need to finally crack down and work - which unfortunately for a non-Ne/Se dom i'm sure can seem quite annoying and self-absorbed.

i will say that it's probably useful to have a Ne or Se dom just in case you have any last minute issues, need improvising, or run into some kind of a crisis. that's when we tend to shine.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

You guys are just making a team with no purpose in mind. What is this team trying to do? Solve mysteries? Make cake? Make friends? Design art? Blow up buildings?

No team will be perfect for any task.