User Tag List

123 Last

Default Are feelers more likely to have fulfiled life ?

What do you guys think ?

Are feeler more likely to have fulfiled life since they are more likely to feel about things and events. I mean in most cases their life is more turbulent/intense on the inside than lives of thinkers.

It is true that they are more easily to hurt than a average thinker. However if it is also true that you live only once maybe it is better to be a feeler ? (as long as you are not one of those people that cry twice a day)

Of course thinkers are coming in all shapes and sizes but that does not mean that some general tendencies/trends can't be made about this.

Opinions ?

Phantonym

I think it depends on what people value in life. You could have a perfectly fulfilling life, according to your own standards, when you do the things that make you feel happy and fulfilled. Regardless of being a thinker or a feeler.

The turbulence/intense feelings can be something that might hinder living life to the fullest as well.

Maybe feelers are more prone to show or not go to such great lengths to hide that they're hurt and thinkers, although they do get hurt, are more prone to internalize, rationalize and "hide" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I think it depends on what people value in life. You could have a perfectly fulfilling life, according to your own standards, when you do the things that make you feel happy and fulfilled. Regardless of being a thinker or a feeler.

The turbulence/intense feelings can be something that might hinder living life to the fullest as well.

Maybe feelers are more prone to show or not go to such great lengths to hide that they're hurt and thinkers, although they do get hurt, are more prone to internalize, rationalize and "hide" it.

Ok but why we can't talk about hypotetcal objectve standard ?

Just because something is good by you that does not mean that it is the best there is for you.

Apples and oranges. I imagine, very generally speaking, thinkers would feel more fulfilled experiencing more knowledge while feelers would feel more fulfilled experiencing more feelings. I know my special appreciation of knowledge (I enjoy encyclopedias and textbooks) gives me more fulfilment from knowledge than many feelers I know get. Conversely, emotions are meh to me.

I don't think you can divide it up between feelers and thinkers. Everyone feels and everyone thinks. I happen to enjoy lots of "thinking" only topics. And I get a lot of out of life utilizing both aspects of myself.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I don't think you can divide it up between feelers and thinkers. Everyone feels and everyone thinks. I happen to enjoy lots of "thinking" only topics. And I get a lot of out of life utilizing both aspects of myself.
    Ok. But this could mean that your feelings are making you more enthusiastc about "rational concepts". What in a way could prove my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Ok. But this could mean that your feelings are making you more enthusiastc about "rational concepts". What in a way could prove my point.
    Or it could mean that my thoughts are making me more enthusiastic about "rational concepts". And thus, you are proving mine. I think it takes both aspects of a human to get the most they possibly can out of life.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Just because something is good by you that does not mean that it is the best there is for you.
    That's just it. There isn't any objective way to measure that. It doesn't matter when things are supposed to be the "best" for you when you don't agree with that. You, the human being, are the only one who has the ability to judge what is fulfilling. All you can do is make the best of what you have and find fulfillment in that, thinker or feeler.

I think it takes both aspects of a human to get the most they possibly can out of life.
    I agree. One supports the other.

Or it could mean that my thoughts are making me more enthusiastic about "rational concepts". And thus, you are proving mine. I think it takes both aspects of a human to get the most they possibly can out of life.
    How can thoughts make you more enthusiactic about something ?

deleted

I kind of see what you're getting at AO. You need to then develop your feeling side I think, in a realistic way too.