• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are feelers more likely to have fulfiled life ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What do you guys think ?

Are feeler more likely to have fulfiled life since they are more likely to feel about things and events. I mean in most cases their life is more turbulent/intense on the inside than lives of thinkers.

It is true that they are more easily to hurt than a average thinker. However if it is also true that you live only once maybe it is better to be a feeler ? (as long as you are not one of those people that cry twice a day)

Of course thinkers are coming in all shapes and sizes but that does not mean that some general tendencies/trends can't be made about this.

Opinions ?

P

Phantonym

I think it depends on what people value in life. You could have a perfectly fulfilling life, according to your own standards, when you do the things that make you feel happy and fulfilled. Regardless of being a thinker or a feeler.

The turbulence/intense feelings can be something that might hinder living life to the fullest as well.

Maybe feelers are more prone to show or not go to such great lengths to hide that they're hurt and thinkers, although they do get hurt, are more prone to internalize, rationalize and "hide" it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think it depends on what people value in life. You could have a perfectly fulfilling life, according to your own standards, when you do the things that make you feel happy and fulfilled. Regardless of being a thinker or a feeler.

The turbulence/intense feelings can be something that might hinder living life to the fullest as well.

Maybe feelers are more prone to show or not go to such great lengths to hide that they're hurt and thinkers, although they do get hurt, are more prone to internalize, rationalize and "hide" it.

Ok but why we can't talk about hypotetcal objectve standard ?

Just because something is good by you that does not mean that it is the best there is for you.

Shaunward

Apples and oranges. I imagine, very generally speaking, thinkers would feel more fulfilled experiencing more knowledge while feelers would feel more fulfilled experiencing more feelings. I know my special appreciation of knowledge (I enjoy encyclopedias and textbooks) gives me more fulfilment from knowledge than many feelers I know get. Conversely, emotions are meh to me.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I don't think you can divide it up between feelers and thinkers. Everyone feels and everyone thinks. I happen to enjoy lots of "thinking" only topics. And I get a lot of out of life utilizing both aspects of myself.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't think you can divide it up between feelers and thinkers. Everyone feels and everyone thinks. I happen to enjoy lots of "thinking" only topics. And I get a lot of out of life utilizing both aspects of myself.

Ok. But this could mean that your feelings are making you more enthusiastc about "rational concepts". What in a way could prove my point.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Ok. But this could mean that your feelings are making you more enthusiastc about "rational concepts". What in a way could prove my point.

Or it could mean that my thoughts are making me more enthusiastic about "rational concepts". And thus, you are proving mine. I think it takes both aspects of a human to get the most they possibly can out of life. :)

P

Phantonym

Just because something is good by you that does not mean that it is the best there is for you.

That's just it. There isn't any objective way to measure that. It doesn't matter when things are supposed to be the "best" for you when you don't agree with that. You, the human being, are the only one who has the ability to judge what is fulfilling. All you can do is make the best of what you have and find fulfillment in that, thinker or feeler.

I think it takes both aspects of a human to get the most they possibly can out of life. :)

I agree. One supports the other.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Or it could mean that my thoughts are making me more enthusiastic about "rational concepts". And thus, you are proving mine. I think it takes both aspects of a human to get the most they possibly can out of life. :)

How can thoughts make you more enthusiactic about something ?

deleted
I kind of see what you're getting at AO. You need to then develop your feeling side I think, in a realistic way too.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
How can thought make you more enthusiactic about something ?

The striving to understand, the lust for knowledge. The passion that a new concept can bring.

I'm sure I'll think of more after I hit "reply."

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course thinkers are coming in all shapes and sizes but that does not mean that some general tendencies/trends can't be made about this.

This is not a general tendency which I acknowledge.
Being a 'T' means that I value objective data and logical systems in decision-making over feelings and values. This does not mean that I do not feel deeply about things, it's just that feelings are less likely to influence my judgement.

My life inside and outside is pretty turbulent and intense. If one lives "strongly", he or she is not less likely to be a thinker imo.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I kind of see what you're getting at AO. You need to then develop your feeling side I think, in a realistic way too.

This thread is designed to have little to do with me personally.
However people like me are probably most likely to notice this. (since we suck at subjectivity in general)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No, I don't think so. I think the yearning to understand is thinking.

What, may I ask, is it for you? Perhaps I'm wrong.

This a pure feeling to me. Since in a way it is a wish.

I mean there is no such a thing as 100% T but the closest you can get to this is learning just for the sake of learning and not feeling a joy or real enthusiasm.

I will take a drastic example to show my point.

You mother dies one day however you don't feel bad or good about it. You simply calculate how much the funeral will cost and how many people you should call and you go through this entire thing without getting excited about this whole thing.

But even this is not 100 T% since where is still a wish for action of some sort. Which is subjective because there is no need to do anything with you dead mother. (even that approach is impractical)

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
This a pure feeling to me. Since in a way it is a wish.

Well, okay, I understand that. But I am perfectly capable of making decisions without emotions hindering them. So I gather that is more what you are speaking of.

I will take a drastic example to show my point.

You mother dies one day however you don't feel bad or good about it. You simply calculate how much the funeral will cost and how many people you should call and you go through this entire thing without getting excited about this whole thing.

But even this is not 100 T% since where is still a wish for action of some sort. Which is subjective because there is no need to do anything with you dead mother. (even that approach is impractical)

So would you be getting the most out of life (to keep with your extreme example) by feeling the loss of your mother, (without getting "excited") and yet being able to make an unemotional decision regarding all the things you mentioned above?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So would you be getting the most out of life (to keep with your extreme example) by feeling the loss of your mother, (without getting "excited") and yet being able to make an unemotional decision regarding all the things you mentioned above?

Well I would probably be sad that my mother died so all of this is probably just hypotetcal.

But yes in a way this is boring existance. I can get somewhat emotional from time to time. But if I compare myself with a average feeler I think that I am missing something.

If you are after emotional response :)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that determination coupled with optimism results in fulfillment in life.