User Tag List

123 Last

Thumbs down The Initiation Ceremony

MBTI is now our initiation ceremony.

MBTI is an initiation into the electric tribe of Typology Central in the global village.

The initiation consists of learning of the secret code of MBTI types. And then as you progress, you learn to speak the jargon of MBTI like an initiated etribeswoman or etribesman.

And like any initiation ceremony MBTI give you a sense of belonging to the electric tribe.

And MBTI gives you a clear role within the etribe.

MBTI gives you a clear title and adds four letters to your name.

Congratulations, you are now one of us, you know who you belong to, you know who you are, and most important you know your role.

But being initiated into MBTI is not without sacrifice.

You must sacrifice your literate individuality to become a member of this electronic tribe in the global village.

At a spiritual level we might say it is struggle between the old individualism and the new etribalism. Sometimes we backslide, but the more we practise MBTI, the better we become.

And just as babies are baptised into the Church, we are initiated into the etribe of Typology Central.

And instead of staring hypnotised through the rear vision mirror, we are alert and awake looking through the windscreen of Typology Central, right through the screen in front of us now.

And instead of being one, all of us are one as we sing the song electric.

MBTI
    INFP

This thread is so INFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

[YOUTUBE="FqV6E9Zol24"]Breakin 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO[/YOUTUBE]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    This thread is so INFP.
    Obvious discourse between Fi and Fe.

And when there is discourse, we are restless and sweating.

Lo, when we toil in restlessness, we sacrifice our dreams.

When we are dreamless, we can never wake up with sticky quilts.

Liberate us from the bondage of dry quilts, Victor.

Or perhaps you should liberate yourself.

Ginkgo

The tribe upholds and code by which it can distribute welfare; for no individual can transcend the worth of the tribe.

When the individual dissents upon the welfare of the tribe, the tribe must retaliate within its parameter.

The tribe may only be thwarted by the insurgency of another tribe or the wit of the individual.

However, the code must be falsified by the individual before revolution is catalyzed.

The individual has not disillusioned the tribe because the code has not been negated, aside from bastardized vernaculars.

So until the individual debases the primary dialect, he will stand in the courtyard being mocked in his own language by the pantomime(s) and ignored by the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The tribe upholds and code by which it can distribute welfare; for no individual can transcend the worth of the tribe.

When the individual dissents upon the welfare of the tribe, the tribe must retaliate within its parameter.

The tribe may only be thwarted by the insurgency of another tribe or the wit of the individual.

However, the code must be falsified by the individual before revolution is catalyzed.

The individual has not disillusioned the tribe because the code has not been negated, aside from bastardized vernaculars.

So until the individual debases the primary dialect, he will stand in the courtyard being mocked in his own language by the pantomime(s) and ignored by the majority.
    You seem to understand the situation. Except perhaps if we see the situation in terms of dialogue.

A dialogue requires two partners. They may agree or they may disagree, but they must keep talking for a dialogue to take place.

It is exactly like the telephone. If no one speaks, it doesn't work. If only one person speaks it doesn't work. It takes two people to speak in turn for the telephone to work. And it is exactly the same here.

So what motivates a person to speak? To discover meaning motivates a person to speak, for the meaning of any communication is its response.

So the search for meaning motivates a dialogue.

As you have noticed I am different. I have a dialogue going on inside me and all I do is write some of it down.

This can be very annoying as it appears I am not taking place in the dialogue here. So I am called a troll. And as you say, I have failed to negate MBTI.

However should I succeed in negating MBTI, I would no longer have a dialogue partner.

So I need MBTI as much as MBTI needs me, and as much as the dialogue needs MBTI and as much as the dialogue needs me.

Dialogue is like striking a flint, to get the light, we get an equal amount of heat.

In other words, the flint striking the stone of MBTI gives the spark of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Or perhaps you should liberate yourself [Victor].
    I think about it every day.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I approve of attacks on the bourgeois ideal of individualism. I might just support MBTI for that reason. :p
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I approve of attacks on the bourgeois ideal of individualism. I might just support MBTI for that reason. :p
    Surely MBTI is a superstition that underpins bourgeois individualism. After all MBTI has been used by the Military/Industrial Complex of the USA for seventy years without once doing a double blind test to check for validity or reliability.

Good heavens, MBTI feeds narcissism. MBTI feeds bourgeois individualism at its narcissistic core.

Ginkgo

Thumbs up Click

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think about it every day.
    Then I will emancipate myself from this dialogue, for it is also a dreadful monologue that offers no salvation or enlightenment. Once my mind is at peace, perhaps I will unveil a partner and create my own meaning. However, before I hang up this phone, I wish you best of luck in your endeavors, whatever they might be. We are artists.