• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Initiation Ceremony

Mole

Permabanned
MBTI is now our initiation ceremony.

MBTI is an initiation into the electric tribe of Typology Central in the global village.

The initiation consists of learning of the secret code of MBTI types. And then as you progress, you learn to speak the jargon of MBTI like an initiated etribeswoman or etribesman.

And like any initiation ceremony MBTI give you a sense of belonging to the electric tribe.

And MBTI gives you a clear role within the etribe.

MBTI gives you a clear title and adds four letters to your name.

Congratulations, you are now one of us, you know who you belong to, you know who you are, and most important you know your role.

But being initiated into MBTI is not without sacrifice.

You must sacrifice your literate individuality to become a member of this electronic tribe in the global village.

At a spiritual level we might say it is struggle between the old individualism and the new etribalism. Sometimes we backslide, but the more we practise MBTI, the better we become.

And just as babies are baptised into the Church, we are initiated into the etribe of Typology Central.

And instead of staring hypnotised through the rear vision mirror, we are alert and awake looking through the windscreen of Typology Central, right through the screen in front of us now.

And instead of being one, all of us are one as we sing the song electric.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
[YOUTUBE="FqV6E9Zol24"]Breakin 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO[/YOUTUBE]

G

Ginkgo

This thread is so INFP.

Obvious discourse between Fi and Fe.

And when there is discourse, we are restless and sweating.

Lo, when we toil in restlessness, we sacrifice our dreams.

When we are dreamless, we can never wake up with sticky quilts.

Liberate us from the bondage of dry quilts, Victor.

Or perhaps you should liberate yourself.

G

Ginkgo

The tribe upholds and code by which it can distribute welfare; for no individual can transcend the worth of the tribe.

When the individual dissents upon the welfare of the tribe, the tribe must retaliate within its parameter.

The tribe may only be thwarted by the insurgency of another tribe or the wit of the individual.

However, the code must be falsified by the individual before revolution is catalyzed.

The individual has not disillusioned the tribe because the code has not been negated, aside from bastardized vernaculars.

So until the individual debases the primary dialect, he will stand in the courtyard being mocked in his own language by the pantomime(s) and ignored by the majority.

Mole

Permabanned
The tribe upholds and code by which it can distribute welfare; for no individual can transcend the worth of the tribe.

When the individual dissents upon the welfare of the tribe, the tribe must retaliate within its parameter.

The tribe may only be thwarted by the insurgency of another tribe or the wit of the individual.

However, the code must be falsified by the individual before revolution is catalyzed.

The individual has not disillusioned the tribe because the code has not been negated, aside from bastardized vernaculars.

So until the individual debases the primary dialect, he will stand in the courtyard being mocked in his own language by the pantomime(s) and ignored by the majority.

You seem to understand the situation. Except perhaps if we see the situation in terms of dialogue.

A dialogue requires two partners. They may agree or they may disagree, but they must keep talking for a dialogue to take place.

It is exactly like the telephone. If no one speaks, it doesn't work. If only one person speaks it doesn't work. It takes two people to speak in turn for the telephone to work. And it is exactly the same here.

So what motivates a person to speak? To discover meaning motivates a person to speak, for the meaning of any communication is its response.

So the search for meaning motivates a dialogue.

As you have noticed I am different. I have a dialogue going on inside me and all I do is write some of it down.

This can be very annoying as it appears I am not taking place in the dialogue here. So I am called a troll. And as you say, I have failed to negate MBTI.

However should I succeed in negating MBTI, I would no longer have a dialogue partner.

So I need MBTI as much as MBTI needs me, and as much as the dialogue needs MBTI and as much as the dialogue needs me.

Dialogue is like striking a flint, to get the light, we get an equal amount of heat.

In other words, the flint striking the stone of MBTI gives the spark of emotion.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I approve of attacks on the bourgeois ideal of individualism. I might just support MBTI for that reason. :p

Mole

Permabanned
I approve of attacks on the bourgeois ideal of individualism. I might just support MBTI for that reason. :p

Surely MBTI is a superstition that underpins bourgeois individualism. After all MBTI has been used by the Military/Industrial Complex of the USA for seventy years without once doing a double blind test to check for validity or reliability.

Good heavens, MBTI feeds narcissism. MBTI feeds bourgeois individualism at its narcissistic core.

G

Ginkgo

Click

I think about it every day.

Then I will emancipate myself from this dialogue, for it is also a dreadful monologue that offers no salvation or enlightenment. Once my mind is at peace, perhaps I will unveil a partner and create my own meaning. However, before I hang up this phone, I wish you best of luck in your endeavors, whatever they might be. We are artists.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Surely MBTI is a superstition that underpins bourgeois individualism. After all MBTI has been used by the Military/Industrial Complex of the USA for seventy years without once doing a double blind test to check for validity or reliability.

Good heavens, MBTI feeds narcissism. MBTI feeds bourgeois individualism at its narcissistic core.

That is also a fair point. I was only being facetious.;)

Still, at the end of the day it depends how it's used. I can see how it could be used constructively, and I've used it constructively in my life to better understand other people. Any theory can feed narcissism if used by a narcissist - doesn't make the theory the problem.

I would see your point if MBTI were determinstic/reductionist, but it does not need to be.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Victor is only describing the beginning of our MBTI Initiation. He's probably trying to sugarcoat it, but it gets more serious.

Phase 2:

Initiation-Day-811.jpg

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Victor is only describing the beginning of our MBTI Initiation. He's probably trying to sugarcoat it, but it gets more serious.

Phase 2:

Initiation-Day-811.jpg

You're going to pull the big red log out of my stomach?? You bastards! Why would you do that??

VagrantFarce

You seem to understand the situation. Except perhaps if we see the situation in terms of dialogue.

A dialogue requires two partners. They may agree or they may disagree, but they must keep talking for a dialogue to take place.

It is exactly like the telephone. If no one speaks, it doesn't work. If only one person speaks it doesn't work. It takes two people to speak in turn for the telephone to work. And it is exactly the same here.

So what motivates a person to speak? To discover meaning motivates a person to speak, for the meaning of any communication is its response.

So the search for meaning motivates a dialogue.

As you have noticed I am different. I have a dialogue going on inside me and all I do is write some of it down.

This can be very annoying as it appears I am not taking place in the dialogue here. So I am called a troll. And as you say, I have failed to negate MBTI.

Hey look, Introverted Perception!

Hey look, Tertiary Fi!

For the love of god, you could not be more INTJ. This is fun! Keep posting, please! :)

KDude

I, for one, am just bored and this is an interesting/helpful subject for the time being. "Electric tribes"? For fuck's sake.

Mole

Permabanned
I, for one, am just bored and this is an interesting/helpful subject for the time being. "Electric tribes"? For fuck's sake.

Unfortunately the bored are boring. Why not discover etribes by reading, "Understanding Media", by the patron saint of the internet, Marshall McLuhan.

And please save swearing for your friends.

Mole

Permabanned
Hey look, Introverted Perception!

Hey look, Tertiary Fi!

For the love of god, you could not be more INTJ. This is fun! Keep posting, please! :)

I would guess your initiation has been a success. And now you are in the loop.

You are now in the MBTI loop and can't think outside the hypnotic jargon.

So MBTI has rendered you helpless, and your only recourse is get others to join you.

Mole

Permabanned

Phase 2:

Initiation-Day-811.jpg

I am surprised you would find a new idea like, "The Initiation Ceremony", so threatening.

It's true the hypnotic loop of MBTI does insulate us against new ideas.

But I am surprised at your instant defensiveness.

VagrantFarce

The Great Psychoanalysis-Off!

Who will prevail by being the one that's right?? :O